2014 Lexus LED Fogs Installed in 2011-13 ISx50

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 04:42 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
can you try reposting the link. it seems to be broken
Jeff to the rescue again, thanks my good man! Oh, remember to order 2 of those. I made a mistake of ordering only one thinking it will be a set for both sides (who would order one for 2 fog lamps anyway?) so I have to order another one again but this time with another place who is also in Texas, not only the price is cheaper but with free shipping, I only pay a couple of bucks more for the sale tax in CA (California that is)
Old 01-10-15, 08:13 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by my07is350
Who would order one for 2 fog lamps anyway?
Someone who damaged one through various means, I would think. Collision, or what have you.

Jeff
Old 01-10-15, 12:55 PM
my07is350
Pole Position

That's true but they should know better because I just ordered the fog lamps from them a short while ago and I am a rather frequent customer. Darrell always helps me out whenever necessary. Maybe I should call him first before putting in the order, that would have saved me the headache.
Old 01-27-16, 07:18 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
thankfully I read this before pulling the trigger. what part number is the new wiring harness?
Since Sewell is closed, what is the part#? I just tried to install these and realized the wiring is different.

Edit: I found out the previous owner swapped with aftermarket hid bulbs thus when i put the oem leds in the aftermarket connection did not fit. Does anyone have any advice on rewiring for the oem leds?

Last edited by subiepunk; 01-28-16 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-09-18, 07:20 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A couple of questions:
1. Did anyone try the CT200h LED fogs on 2011-2013 ISX50?
2. Is the 2011-2013 wiring harness (connector) PNP with the 2014 IS fogs?
Old 02-09-18, 11:13 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasLex
A couple of questions:
1. Did anyone try the CT200h LED fogs on 2011-2013 ISX50?
2. Is the 2011-2013 wiring harness (connector) PNP with the 2014 IS fogs?
they should be exact same fog. Toyota and Lexus have used that same fog light across many cars.
H11 harness is same.
Old 02-11-18, 03:03 PM
Kanadadad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new guys!!

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
I just bought them from my local lexus dealer, you can too.

Or lexuspartsnow.com, or Sewell if you email them.

Jeff
I have owned BMW and Mercedes and I just bought my first Lexus the IS350 2011 with 60k on it. I wanted to buy a brand new is but I can't stand the new models with that horrid front grill...... I love the older body so opted for the 2011 is350. I don't know if it has the sports package but this drives like a euro love the sound of the engine and love the interior of the car. Its sporty but not too much and has class but again not too much.... The windshield wash sluid has a funnel built in the top why doesnt evey evey car have that. There is a tiny LED light in the center console when you open it again why isn't that standard then a tiny LED shining down on center area in dark just enough that you can see what your doing. Everytime I turn around I find something that I say why don't other cars have this. What the kicker is this car is 7 friggin years old and has been doing this stuff that most are just starting to do. Now I'm in love and going to buy the ISF the ONLY drawback I can find is the service is horrible and the Lexus dealerships are so lazy and don't want to do anything it's discusting. I usually hate fanboys but OMG I'm a LEXUS fanboy!!!! ISF here I come... I'm gonna keep my is350 as a daily driver cuz it's be Awd varient.

​​​​​​Ok sorry for my rant ... I saw those LEDs and am going to buy them...

I have a couple questions hopefully some of you can help:

1) I hate those yellowish high beam lights can I switch for led without much trouble and if so can someone tell me ones that would work?

2) can someone tell me how I can tell if I got the sports package like if it has the fsport sway bars and suspention. I guess I could just turn the wheel and look for the coil and front sway no? They are always blue correct? Mine has the fsport intake and it has what looks like a fsport sticker under the hood does that mean it has struts and springs too? The reason I'm asking because this car takes corners like a champ is that normal without the package?

3) also can someone explain tires I'm new to working on cars and I know it's 17 inch but I don't understand the other numbers. I want to buy blacked out rims and I want 19 or is there a 18? I'm worried cuz I love in thunder bay Ontario and the roads here have a lot of potholes and if I have 19 I have a higher chance of ruining my wheels if I hit one correct?

Also is a k&n short ram intake dangerous can I really get hydrolock or will it really put oil on the mass air sensor but even if it does can't I just hit it with alcohol or some degreser? I have heard the difference and it makes that engine sound even meaner I realize won't really give me reliable world hp increase....

Further is there fsport brakes and if so how do I know if my car has them?.

Last question does the fsport exhaust add alot of sound is it worth buying it?

Thanks in advance guys!

​​​
Old 02-11-18, 04:46 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanadadad
I have owned BMW and Mercedes and I just bought my first Lexus the IS350 2011 with 60k on it. I wanted to buy a brand new is but I can't stand the new models with that horrid front grill...... I love the older body so opted for the 2011 is350. I don't know if it has the sports package but this drives like a euro love the sound of the engine and love the interior of the car. Its sporty but not too much and has class but again not too much.... The windshield wash sluid has a funnel built in the top why doesnt evey evey car have that. There is a tiny LED light in the center console when you open it again why isn't that standard then a tiny LED shining down on center area in dark just enough that you can see what your doing. Everytime I turn around I find something that I say why don't other cars have this. What the kicker is this car is 7 friggin years old and has been doing this stuff that most are just starting to do. Now I'm in love and going to buy the ISF the ONLY drawback I can find is the service is horrible and the Lexus dealerships are so lazy and don't want to do anything it's discusting. I usually hate fanboys but OMG I'm a LEXUS fanboy!!!! ISF here I come... I'm gonna keep my is350 as a daily driver cuz it's be Awd varient.

​​​​​​Ok sorry for my rant ... I saw those LEDs and am going to buy them...

I have a couple questions hopefully some of you can help:

1) I hate those yellowish high beam lights can I switch for led without much trouble and if so can someone tell me ones that would work?

2) can someone tell me how I can tell if I got the sports package like if it has the fsport sway bars and suspention. I guess I could just turn the wheel and look for the coil and front sway no? They are always blue correct? Mine has the fsport intake and it has what looks like a fsport sticker under the hood does that mean it has struts and springs too? The reason I'm asking because this car takes corners like a champ is that normal without the package?

3) also can someone explain tires I'm new to working on cars and I know it's 17 inch but I don't understand the other numbers. I want to buy blacked out rims and I want 19 or is there a 18? I'm worried cuz I love in thunder bay Ontario and the roads here have a lot of potholes and if I have 19 I have a higher chance of ruining my wheels if I hit one correct?

Also is a k&n short ram intake dangerous can I really get hydrolock or will it really put oil on the mass air sensor but even if it does can't I just hit it with alcohol or some degreser? I have heard the difference and it makes that engine sound even meaner I realize won't really give me reliable world hp increase....

Further is there fsport brakes and if so how do I know if my car has them?.

Last question does the fsport exhaust add alot of sound is it worth buying it?

Thanks in advance guys!

​​​
You could try putting a LED bulb in your highbeam but given that it's a reflector based unit I'd highly advise against it, you would lose a lot of light output and throw. I'd suggest trying something like the Osram nightbreakers, gets rid of the yellow but should be more effective than LED.

F sport sway bars are blue, you can see them very easily through the front wheels or looking straight down in your engine bay. F sport suspension comes in two variants, factory package and accessory package, factory package has a slightly lower ride and I believe uses tokiko blue while the f sport accessory are bilstein shocks with a silver body. F sport springs are blue so that'll be a dead give away.

If you go with a reputable brand like Enkei I wouldn't worry too much about breaking your wheels. Ofc there's a higher risk when running a larger wheel with a slimmer tire profile hence the wheel isn't as dampened with a smaller sidewall and absorbs more of the energy from a pothole impact. You can plastidip your stock wheels black if you want, a lot of members on the forums have done so. Check out the aftermarket wheel thread for setups.

F sport brakes are very large and blue with F sport logos that I don't think would fit with 17s but I could be wrong, they come with 2 piece drilled rotors too iirc. F sport exhaust adds a level of aggression but isn't super loud. Lots of sound clips on youtube.

K&N SR intake is usually installed in the engine bay where your current airbox and tube are, so it shouldn't get hydrolocked if you drive through a puddle, if the water was that high anyways, I think you have more things to worry about. It gives the meanest sound but probably actually loses you power since you;re getting air from the hot engine bay. Also a lot of threads on this.

Last edited by Aspect; 02-11-18 at 04:52 PM.