IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Is350 vs g37

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 11:45 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

not even being bias to the IS350 but i honestly believe from a dead stop the 350 has the advantage just from weight and gearing alone. i really wouldnt bet money on this race though
Old 04-24-13, 12:15 AM
speedstar
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll get it without a problem, I destroy G37's from a dig with my 350..
Old 04-24-13, 05:10 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DCMikey
You'll get it without a problem, I destroy G37's from a dig with my 350..
Wait....Wait... wait, you've actually gotten some one in miami that didn't drive a subbie or Evo to actually race from a Dig?
Old 04-24-13, 05:37 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsivan
My friend wants to race me he just got a 4 door g37 and he swears he can beat my 07 is350. He even bet me 100$. I just wanted to know what you guys think on who will win both are cars are stock!
I will put a video up after with the race!
Originally Posted by edgeucated
I find this to be a very surprising comment from a modulator. As a car enthusiast we are always curious to compare cars; whether they be hondas or Ferraris. All cars are respected in the eye of an enthusiast if modded in a correct fashion.

If your so close minded to attack anyone who's trying to compare performance of a car that isn't "track ready" then i suggest you get off a CAR forum. Tell me you didn't compare the performance of your IS350 to the IS250 when you bought your car; the difference in the two cars are ONLY performance.

If its dumb to look at the IS350 performance, then your dumb because you didn't buy a 250. By your logic
First off this is a forum and not a kindergarten class where everyone has to get along. I truly think that it is dumb to worry about racing someone for $100. Secondly, I did buy the IS350 because it performances better as far as horsepower goes. That is not the only reason that I bought the car. I bought it because the braking system was far better, it had the sport suspension package, and I was planning on doing air ride at the time and a former member MRMark whom many of us have seen for a long time suggested I would be better off with the rear wheel drive rather than the all wheel drive. Thirdly, he was not comparing performance; he was discussing racing the cars which is totally different than comparing the performance of two vehicles. In addition, ClubLexus does not condone racing in any way that is not at a proper venue. If someone is willing to race for $100 dollars it is most likely not at a proper venue. There is a chance that they could be discussing using a track but from the context of the OP it did not seem that way. Street racing is extremely unsafe for the participants but also for the other people that they encounter along the way. It is certainly not worth loosing a license or something to that effect or potentially killing someone or even yourself. The groups of CL such as NELOC which I am a proud member and have been since my time has started here when I bought my first IS300 get much more respect from the venues and events we attend because we have members that do not participate in racing or burnouts unless it is part of the event and sanctioned by the event. I do not ever agree with racing at a non sanctioned event. In fact a very good friend of mine went to a sanctioned event to race and was unaware of certain conditions at the event; which was sanctioned, and wrecked his new A4 and nearly killed himself.
Old 04-24-13, 06:17 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see why you place Bernie on a Podium like moderators can't have negative opinions on a topic. Get over it bro they are humans just like the rest. They are free to feel and say whatever they want. Did his opinion hurt your feelings or something get over it. He expressed he opinion as did a few others. Oh well this is a forum your going to get responses you both like/dislike & agree with / disagree with. Oh well!
Old 04-24-13, 02:03 PM
itsivan
Driver

Originally Posted by BernieIS
First off this is a forum and not a kindergarten class where everyone has to get along. I truly think that it is dumb to worry about racing someone for $100. Secondly, I did buy the IS350 because it performances better as far as horsepower goes. That is not the only reason that I bought the car. I bought it because the braking system was far better, it had the sport suspension package, and I was planning on doing air ride at the time and a former member MRMark whom many of us have seen for a long time suggested I would be better off with the rear wheel drive rather than the all wheel drive. Thirdly, he was not comparing performance; he was discussing racing the cars which is totally different than comparing the performance of two vehicles. In addition, ClubLexus does not condone racing in any way that is not at a proper venue. If someone is willing to race for $100 dollars it is most likely not at a proper venue. There is a chance that they could be discussing using a track but from the context of the OP it did not seem that way. Street racing is extremely unsafe for the participants but also for the other people that they encounter along the way. It is certainly not worth loosing a license or something to that effect or potentially killing someone or even yourself. The groups of CL such as NELOC which I am a proud member and have been since my time has started here when I bought my first IS300 get much more respect from the venues and events we attend because we have members that do not participate in racing or burnouts unless it is part of the event and sanctioned by the event. I do not ever agree with racing at a non sanctioned event. In fact a very good friend of mine went to a sanctioned event to race and was unaware of certain conditions at the event; which was sanctioned, and wrecked his new A4 and nearly killed himself.
The question was which car is faster nothing to do with racing or 100$ its the fact that he was so comfident he even put money on it i knew i would abuse him from light to light but since there the engire and hp difference i wanted the forums opinion not your both cars are slow comment! But thank you!
Old 04-24-13, 02:57 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

The question was which car is faster nothing to do with racing or 100$
Oh really now?

Old 04-24-13, 11:34 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

I want to see the out come......cant wait......
Old 04-25-13, 12:25 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 04-25-13, 12:05 PM
speedstar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by B16da9
Wait....Wait... wait, you've actually gotten some one in miami that didn't drive a subbie or Evo to actually race from a Dig?
Haha, I'm in Broward but yeah I've only lost to one car... 335i on 17lbs by 1/2 a car.

I've beaten e46 M, e36 M, 350z, G35, G37, CTS, FD civic cammed/e85, 335i, 328i, sc300 w/gte, is250 lol, gs350, boosted tc lol, es350, and 1 bike(he couldn't hold the turn)
Old 04-25-13, 12:12 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by istarzan
That isnt actually ur race though? Dude filming is pretty stupid IMO and the driver lol It wasnt in manual haha
Old 04-25-13, 02:19 PM
speedstar
Pole Position

Idk how I feel about the run, we're they high? Lol