IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Navigation and Airbag Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-13, 06:43 AM
IamNate
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation and Airbag Light Problems

I am looking for anyone that knows how to fix my issue. This morning turning on my car to go to work my navigation system (lights and all out) and the airbag light by in the gauge cluster stayed on. I tried turning my car off and back on and resetting the nav system (of course its the china nav system) and still no go. The thing that is strange is the light to my hazard button is still on and still works. I haven't had a chance to look at fuses yet, I will soon. Anyone have any idea which fuse it could be and where it is located?
Old 02-05-13, 08:00 AM
slideland
Rookie

just out of curiousity did you have issues with your battery recently?
start any diagnosis with a thorough visual inspection. check for blown fuses and look at the harness under the hood for simple solutions.
Old 02-06-13, 07:27 AM
IamNate
Driver

Originally Posted by slideland
just out of curiousity did you have issues with your battery recently?
start any diagnosis with a thorough visual inspection. check for blown fuses and look at the harness under the hood for simple solutions.
Alright so later yesterday everything came on as usual and working. Now this morning it did the same thing. :\ This could be a coincidence but my car just started showing oil maint soon. I dunno its very odd...
Old 02-07-13, 11:15 AM
tgeier
Driver School Candidate

Default New battery - Need to reset car

I installed a new battery in the car and now with windows do not roll down from driver console, airbad warning is illuminated and the navigation screen does not work very well, is there a checklist somewhere that tells all the things tht need to be reset and how to do it? I have not looked in the manua yet, possible there.
Old 02-07-13, 11:23 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by tgeier
I installed a new battery in the car and now with windows do not roll down from driver console, airbad warning is illuminated and the navigation screen does not work very well, is there a checklist somewhere that tells all the things tht need to be reset and how to do it? I have not looked in the manua yet, possible there.
Welcome to the forum... try utilizing the SEARCH function in order to find answers to common questions. chances are there is already a thread about your problem. Follow the link below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...isconnect.html
Old 02-07-13, 08:04 PM
slideland
Rookie

Ok sounds Like your issue is isolated. So i am assuming your nav is Aftermarket? If so i i can start by saying a bad ground or connection is at fault.
Old 02-11-13, 08:32 AM
IamNate
Driver

Originally Posted by slideland
Ok sounds Like your issue is isolated. So i am assuming your nav is Aftermarket? If so i i can start by saying a bad ground or connection is at fault.
Aftermarket Nav system is dead. So I am trying to get a replacement and this is going to get interesting. They are not so favorable to this.