IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do You Deliberately Get Cut Off by a Driver in a Different Make Sports Car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 10:06 PM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Deliberately Get Cut Off by a Driver in a Different Make Sports Car?

I used to think that by living in California drivers can be rude and will cut you off on the freeway. But since I have purchased my IS, I have noticed that more drivers are cutting me off. Most of the time I am cut off by drivers of German and American similarly nice sports cars. Have you had this experience before while driving on the freeway or street?
Old 01-22-13, 10:10 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i only get cut off buy POS cars. also, i always keep my distance to not get rock chips but i guess that means cars can cut in and squeeze in. so annoying.
Old 01-22-13, 10:13 PM
freshtapco
Driver School Candidate

How many feet away do they have to be to be considered cutting-off?
I honestly have never paid it much attention; I just don't have the time or energy to give it much thought.
Old 01-22-13, 10:48 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I seldom care if cars are cutting in front of me. as long as they're not holding up the flow of my traffic lane. But on occasion, I'll get a 335 or a C350 who wants to try to get under my skin. Half the time, they're trying to impress the bimbos in their passenger seat and the other half smoking their cigarettes with their emo friends and the hair dyed like their in a Japanese boy band or something. With all the cops lurking around, there's no need to retaliate.

One night, I was on a three lane main road (Huntington Dr for those in the 626). And this M3 decided it wanted to try to start something up. He's weaving in and out of lanes and I'm cruising in mine. He finally gets in front of me, and out of nowhere slams the brakes. So I switch over to the middle-- he's there and slams his brakes. We had just passed a well known moto cop hideout area, and before I knew it, red and blue were shining in my rear view mirror. I made my way over to the right, thinking it was for me. The cop actually pulled the M3 over and radio'd for backup. I wasn't in the clear yet. One cop interrogated me, asking if I was racing or if I knew the bimmer. I said no on both counts. I told him that the driver constantly braked for no reason; no cars ahead or even a stop light nearby. And then the cops switched places. The original cop that pulled me over asked the same questions and I told him the same thing. He said he saw the entire thing and said he was issuing a few tickets to the other guy (illegal lane changes, instigating a street race, and sound resonance from exhaust). The cop gave me a thumbs up before finding a new inconspicuous spot to hide for his next trap.
Old 01-22-13, 10:49 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's all in your head. I get cut off a lot and I could care less unless I'm in a bad mood.
Old 01-22-13, 11:20 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Don't notice much difference after switching cars. If you see someone cut you off, just go ♫YOU DIDN"T HAVE TO CUT ME OFF♫
Old 01-22-13, 11:47 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Antredd
I used to think that by living in California drivers can be rude and will cut you off on the freeway. But since I have purchased my IS, I have noticed that more drivers are cutting me off. Most of the time I am cut off by drivers of German and American similarly nice sports cars. Have you had this experience before while driving on the freeway or street?
as long as my safety is not compromised, i could care less - even if i am deliberately cut off.

reality is, you drive a lexus. it may be special to you, but it's just a lexus. other drivers cut you off not because you drive a lexus, but because of every other reason besides the fact that you drive a lexus (i.e. you were holding up traffic, they were in a hurry, they drive aggressively, etc.).

if anything, sounds like you're probably still in the honeymoon period w/ your IS, and that you're probably overly sensitive to how other cars are driven your IS.

again, reality is, you drive a lexus. it doesn't come with any sense of entitlement or priviledge.

just saying.

/$0.02
Old 01-22-13, 11:54 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty much the same ridiculous number of people cut me off in my Lexus as they did when I drove my Honda. SoCal drivers!
A lot less people try and race with me now tho
Old 01-23-13, 01:25 AM
circuitt
Pole Position

Racing to red lights is common practice in southern Cali (1st to wait) I call Them 1st placers.
Or people that deliberately speed up as your trying to change lanes (you had plenty of room, now you don't)
Less of an issue now, that I got my 350, if I am signaling and I notice the other person being a **** trying to **** block, ill get over...
Old 01-23-13, 05:48 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I get cut off all the time, regardless of what Im driving. Florida drivers are aholes
Old 01-23-13, 06:42 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't get cut off cause I'm either going 80MPH or I get over a lane if someone wants to go faster on the freeway. The other sped I have is cruising speed, so in in the slower lane. It doesn't really matter to me. I had a guy try to race me in a S14, I looked over and laughed.
Old 01-23-13, 07:39 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Occasionally in the Lexus, never in the McLaren.
Old 01-23-13, 07:53 AM
slownlow07
Driver

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Don't notice much difference after switching cars. If you see someone cut you off, just go ♫YOU DIDN"T HAVE TO CUT ME OFF♫
HAHA I feel you on that one. YOU DIDN"T HAVE TO CUT ME OFF! haha
Old 01-23-13, 08:18 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Everybody cuts some one off regardless of what you drive. It's more of how you drive. Just cause they cut you off to pass doesn't mean anything. I do it all the time especially to those slow driver in the fast lane that are driving slower then the slow lanes.
Old 01-23-13, 08:29 AM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There have been multiple times when a sports car or ricer will ride my *** then fly by me then slow down and try to line up and then cut me off after I don't bite lol Annoys the crap out of me. I just yell some profanities (they can't hear or see me) and call it a day hah

Quick Reply: Do You Deliberately Get Cut Off by a Driver in a Different Make Sports Car?