IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Someone hit and ran on my fairly new starfire pearl IS...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 07:36 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like others have said just get a GFX rear lip and call it a day. hell of alot cheaper and looks better too.
Old 05-16-12, 12:59 PM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with others. Go with the GFX rear lip and you should be good to go. It's much cheaper, too, around 290 or something like that at Sewell.
Old 05-16-12, 07:06 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the rear lip can cover 100% of the scratch marks, I would go with it without a second thought......
Old 05-16-12, 07:45 PM
soFreshIS
Driver

Lucky bro Sewell Sell Them Painted. so all u need to do is swap out Good luck!
Old 05-16-12, 11:53 PM
Traxxer
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hipp
The paint on the car is actually extremely fresh, garage kept, really hasnt been driven much at all, I got caught in the rain when I was out the other night which is why it was dirty anyway and was a fine example of an IS. I'm just trying to keep it that way. I would love to keep the price down as much as possible, but I will not sacrifice the quality to do so. I'd love to just cover it up and make it go away, but I couldnt live with the fact that its still effed up underneath everything so regaurdless it has to get fixed. I'm members with several other forums and I've never had the willingness to help like the members of this forum, you guys are great
I felt the same way when somebody dent the panel before the front door. It's barely visible unless you look at it at an angle but I know it's there so it bugs the hell out of me... That was until somebody cracked my right brake light. Now I don't notice anything lol.

If the cost of the diffuser is less than having it repaired, I'd say just get get diffuser. Save the extra cash for when some idiot does more serious damage to your car...
Old 06-01-12, 09:53 PM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

so I hate to bring this thread back up but I figured I'd just let everyone know how I handled everything.. I ended up taking my car to the lexus dealership and they sent me to their main body shop to get everything taken care of. When I arrived at the body shop they were more than happy to help me out..... at a crazy, and I mean CRAZY price, to fix my starfire pearl color for such a small area to fix..
Now I took into consideration that yes I could get a whole new rear bumper from sewell or even have one imported from Japan which would have been my best bet. Then I started looking at the rear lip by GFX. I think the thing I was most worried about was that when you add a lip to most cars you need a full lip kit to accent the car otherwise it just looks odd, and I'm more of a clean subtle look kind of guy, rather than most lets just throw wild body pieces on to a car and hope it looks right kind of person.. but I was oddly surprised with the GFX lip you dont even need a full lip kit, it looks perfect even just with the rear on.. Long story short I ended up getting the rear lip from Sewell and it covered the whole thing, and it looks like it should have come from the factory that way, and the biggest plus is the paint matches closer than I could have ever imagined and thats saying something cause I can point out a repaint on just about anything in a heartbeat... I owe big thanks to everyone on here for persuading towards the rear lip kit, and even the ones who have just offered help.. You guys have been a HUGE help, and without you I probably would have spent TONS of money getting this thing repaired to perfect... So thank you all soo much!!

Last edited by Hipp; 06-01-12 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-01-12, 10:10 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^ clublexus is awesome like that
Old 06-02-12, 04:23 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

New pics showing before and after?
Old 06-02-12, 04:40 PM
grassmoker
Driver

time for you to get ISF rear bumper =)
Old 06-03-12, 09:28 AM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

I have to stop being lazy and snap some pictures here soon. I work for Pepsi and we've been getting slammed out here this year.. btw its not just time for an ISF rear bumper its time for an ISF. I had the lexus at the dealership the other day and they had a 2012 starfire pearl ISF with a nice set of 19" wheels from the factory. Had me thinking