IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Question for the 2011 f sport owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-11, 07:23 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a USB and the paint is gorgeous. Doesn't show that much dirt until you are right on top of it, and it is pretty easy to clean. As far as scratches, I luckily don't have any yet (knock on wood), but it does show some minor swirl marks under fluorescent lighting.
Old 07-22-11, 07:26 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjh09e
I have a USB and the paint is gorgeous. Doesn't show that much dirt until you are right on top of it, and it is pretty easy to clean. As far as scratches, I luckily don't have any yet (knock on wood), but it does show some minor swirl marks under fluorescent lighting.
Sounds about like my GFM, I can only see the swirl marks (made by the dealer BEFORE I bought it ) when it is under certain lighting. It is the paint that I have been most worried about. Thanks!
Old 07-22-11, 07:31 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Not a problem. I got my car on April 1st and have made several 450 mile trips and no real scratches yet. I do however have one small rock chip on my hood, but the touchup paint hides it pretty well.
Old 07-22-11, 08:04 PM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mines in october i love everything about it 10k miles and 3m all over the front end since the jump so im good to go! the only 2 options i DIDNT get were the brembos and ML ... DONT NEED IT everything is awesome with the car i like the stiffer suspension if you want an above average sport sedan this is what you want ...
if the noise bothers you, ride is too stiff and the interior is too tight, dont buy an F sport buy a buick or lincoln
Old 07-23-11, 01:25 AM
KOB
Driver School Candidate

I love my F sport had it since April but keep in mind that you will lose the memory seats, auto-tilt/dimmer side mirrors, power tilt/tele steering wheel... (My dealer told me this is an upgraded IS, didn't realized I lose all these cool options after I got home)
Old 07-23-11, 01:31 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 406 Posts

You don't lose them, you just don't get them added like you did on the older sport package and the luxury package.

Jeff
Old 07-23-11, 07:18 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KOB
I love my F sport had it since April but keep in mind that you will lose the memory seats, auto-tilt/dimmer side mirrors, power tilt/tele steering wheel... (My dealer told me this is an upgraded IS, didn't realized I lose all these cool options after I got home)
I guess I am good because my current IS does not have those things, I wish it did... Only thing I am losing is the cooled seats, which is a big deal, living in Florida. I will probably only have this car a year or two because I will finally be graduating with my engineering degree and getting a job, so my husband won't be the only one footing the bill At that time I think the 3IS will be about to debut

f the noise bothers you, ride is too stiff and the interior is too tight, dont buy an F sport buy a buick or lincoln
I am not elderly, I think I would walk before I bought either a Buick or a Lincoln I do already have an IS and the interior is not tight, that was never a question or an issue. I am all about more responsiveness than my current car, I just need to know that my behind is not going to be bruised after one of my frequent long interstate trips.
Old 07-23-11, 02:15 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The F-Sport/X package uses a linear spring so it may feel better than compared to F-Sport spring which is progressive. Kurtz might know some more info about this.
Old 07-24-11, 06:14 AM
DAZ1
Rookie

I leased my 2011 IS 350 F Sport in Dec 2010. Purchase or lease? It was my decision and never an issue with the dealer. My F Sport came with the F Sport springs, shocks, sway bars, cross member brace, and exhaust. Considerably rougher ride and noise level than the IS 350 that I drove in comparison. Being the right model (IS 350), first choice exterior and interior colors, right combination of options, plus the mystique of the F Sport package with added suspension parts and beautiful exhaust, I couldn't resist. Not the basic IS most sixty year olds would choose. Not trying to be "cool", I already was. Stiffer ride and noisier exhaust, you'll quickly adjust unless you're already dead.

Last edited by DAZ1; 07-24-11 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-24-11, 07:23 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DAZ1
I leased my 2011 IS 350 F Sport in Dec 2010. Purchase or lease? It was my decision and never an issue with the dealer. My F Sport came with the F Sport springs, shocks, sway bars, cross member brace, and exhaust. Considerably rougher ridge and noise level than the IS 350 that I drove in comparison. Being the right model (IS 350), first choice exterior and interior colors, right combination of options, plus the mystique of the F Sport package with added suspension parts and beautiful exhaust, I couldn't resist. Not the basic IS most sixty year olds would choose. Not trying to be "cool", I already was. Stiffer ride and noisier exhaust, you'll quickly adjust unless you're already dead.
LOL about being cool and thanks for the input, I really am starting to think I will like the f sport. I am guessing the noise level increase in yours is from the F sport exhaust? I won't get that added because I am trying to keep the cost down.
Old 07-24-11, 07:28 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sango
The F-Sport/X package uses a linear spring so it may feel better than compared to F-Sport spring which is progressive. Kurtz might know some more info about this.
Thanks I guess I will find out soon enough!
Old 07-26-11, 10:49 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Okay I have been getting the runaround about when they are actually getting this car and was finally told they would have it this afternoon and they sent a sheet listing the vin and options (which match what I want.)

When I got my current car they emailed me an information sheet that included build date, the ship it came in on and whether there was any damage upon arrival at the port. Do you think I should ask for this?

I am concerned that they could not give me a date that they would receive the car and kept telling me "it should be today." I know I am paranoid but I really want to know I am getting a perfect car and that there isn't anything shady going on.