IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 is250...nav unit is dead. Quick question..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-11, 12:51 PM
AllBizNiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 is250...nav unit is dead. Quick question..

Hi. My nav unit died in my 07 is250. The ac had been working, but I decided to unplug the battery to try and get the nav working, but its still dead and now the ac cannot be turned on. Is there a way for me to turn on the ac without the nav unit? I live in Florida, so driving without ac is not an option. Also, if someone can direct me to some repair options for the nav, id appreciate it.
Old 07-05-11, 02:19 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the display went bad on it. Your probably going to have to replace the entire screen. More than likely a dealer item only unless you find a used one.

The touch screen still works you just have to assume it is on it was home page of the navi screen and use the manual to guide you through. Hop that helps.
Old 07-05-11, 02:28 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Few users have had the same issue - the display and/or touch screen dies. The common answer from the dealership is that the whole unit needs to be replaced, there's no "screen only" replacement. But others have found solutions, try searching and seeing if you can find the threads or wait and see if others post here.
Old 07-05-11, 03:22 PM
AllBizNiz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slee18
sounds like the display went bad on it. Your probably going to have to replace the entire screen. More than likely a dealer item only unless you find a used one.

The touch screen still works you just have to assume it is on it was home page of the navi screen and use the manual to guide you through. Hop that helps.
Before the screen went completely dead, the touchscreen was no longer working. I was going to put off fixing it (ive read $2400+,) but without ac, its unbearable down here. If someone knows a way for me to turn the ac on without the front panel, it would be a life saver..Btw, the radio works, but im assuming its a separate piece.
Old 07-05-11, 03:35 PM
simple
Pole Position

My screen went dead yesterday while I was sitting at a light, the radio still played but no screen. Says something along the lines of "Check system", I'd pulled over and restarted the car and it went back on. Guess I'm gonna have to keep an close eye on it. If it's gonna go out, it better go out now so I can have the dealer replace it under warrenty.
Old 07-05-11, 04:28 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by simple
My screen went dead yesterday while I was sitting at a light, the radio still played but no screen. Says something along the lines of "Check system", I'd pulled over and restarted the car and it went back on. Guess I'm gonna have to keep an close eye on it. If it's gonna go out, it better go out now so I can have the dealer replace it under warrenty.
If your close to the end of the warranty, report that to your dealer NOW. That way, if it does go out shortly after your warranty is over, you'll have a paper trail saying you did report the issue previously. It may be enough for corporate to fulfill your claim outside of warranty.

I've read this being done by someone else with a transmission (non-Lexus tho). The person kept reporting that there was intermittent issues, but the dealer didn't fix under warranty. Of course, warranty endded and the transmission died. But the person got it replaced anyways because issues signaling it may die happened before warranty.

Last edited by KillaIS250; 07-05-11 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-06-11, 07:09 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Mine is an '09, but do you have the AUTO button below the screen? Even if I cut the a/c off through the nav screen, I can hit off, and then the auto button and the a/c will come on. Then just adjust the temp down with the up/down buttons. Not sure but maybe my a/c is defaulted to turn on when I push the auto button.
Old 07-06-11, 07:56 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out the voice commmands... there is a whole list.. my nav went out on me also. and got the whole thing replaced under warranty...

NAVI Commands
Command Alternate Commands with same function
Current position Current Location
Map
Cancel
Zoom In
Zoom Out
Right Map Zoom In
Right Map Zoom Out
North Up Change to north up
Heading Up Change to heading up
Map direction Change to map direction
Right map north up
Right map heading up
Right map direction
Dual map Change to dual map
Single map Change to single map
Mark this point Mark
Home Go Home
Repeat Guidance Repeat voice, Repeat
Louder
Softer
Arrow guidance Arrow guide, Change to arrow guidance, Change to arrow guide
Turn list guidance Turn list guide, Change to turn list guidance, Change to turn list guide
Entire Route map Entire route, route overview
Delete next destination Cancel next destination
Delete final destination Cancel final destination
Delete all destinations Cancel all destinations
Suspend guidance Stop guidance
Resume guidance Start guidance
Compass mode Change to compass mode
Lane guidance Change to lane guidance, Guidance screen on freeway

AUDIO Commands
Radio
AM AM Radio
FM FM Radio
FM1
FM2
CD
DVD
CD Changer
DVD Changer
Cassette
Tape
Audio Audio on, Audio off
Seek up
Seek down
Type up
Type down
Fast forward
Rewind
Reverse Program
Next track
Previous track
Skip backward
Play
Track up Next track
Track down Previous track
Disc up Next disc
Disc down Previous disc

Climate Commands
Automatic Air Conditioning Automatic Air Conditioning On, Automatic Air Conditioning Off
Raise Temperature Warmer
Lower Temperature Cooler
65 Degrees Temperature 65 Degrees
82 Degrees Temperature 82 Degrees
83 Degrees Temperature 83 Degrees
84 Degrees Temperature 84 Degrees
85 Degrees Temperature 85 Degrees

Help Commands
Help Command help, Command list
Old 07-06-11, 08:16 AM
simple
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
If your close to the end of the warranty, report that to your dealer NOW. That way, if it does go out shortly after your warranty is over, you'll have a paper trail saying you did report the issue previously. It may be enough for corporate to fulfill your claim outside of warranty.

I've read this being done by someone else with a transmission (non-Lexus tho). The person kept reporting that there was intermittent issues, but the dealer didn't fix under warranty. Of course, warranty endded and the transmission died. But the person got it replaced anyways because issues signaling it may die happened before warranty.
Thanks for the heads up, bought my 350 in Aug of 09 and since put 12k milage on her, hopefully nothing goes wrong but I did perchased extended warrenty just for this kind of BS. She probably has more wires than my house do, lol...
Old 07-06-11, 09:25 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For owners that plan to keep the car past the warranty period this one item alone probably makes it a good idea to buy the extended warranty.
Old 07-06-11, 10:18 AM
AllBizNiz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
Mine is an '09, but do you have the AUTO button below the screen? Even if I cut the a/c off through the nav screen, I can hit off, and then the auto button and the a/c will come on. Then just adjust the temp down with the up/down buttons. Not sure but maybe my a/c is defaulted to turn on when I push the auto button.

The auto button isnt working. Everything above the radio is dead....As for the voice commands, you got me all excited, but nothing. The radio control buttons on the left side of the steering wheel work, but the voice command button on the right does nothing.
Old 07-23-24, 02:33 PM
isitisorls
2nd gear

Did you ever find a workaround? I’m in this same predicament and all I want is some A/C