Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Need help on Spark Plugs!

Old 02-18-10, 02:40 PM   #1
WonTonDude
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Need help on Spark Plugs!

So My car has reached the 60K maintenance schedule. I took it into my Toyota Dealership to have them do the Oil Change, Brake Fluid, and Spark Plugs. I got a call from them today saying that they called the Lexus Dealership and they spark plugs are Iridium and they don't need to be replaced for 100k+. Can anyone verify this? I know I read post on here saying that spark plugs need to be changed every 60K but the Toyota Service and Lexus Service both told me they don't need to be replaced until 100K miles.

BTW my car is '07 IS250 AWD.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
WonTonDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 02:47 PM   #2
edgeucated
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

the sparkplugs found in our car are top of the line. they can last 100k miles. we have gone along way since the time the first spark plug was invented. however, its never bad to change them early; preventive maintenance is always good. If you dont believe it, take out your sparkplugs and examine them yourself, see if they do need changing yet.

if it were me, i would change the sparkplugs at 60k, not because i have to, but just for peace of mind
| 06 Crystal White IS350 | KW V3 | WALD lip | Red Outs | VLed DRL | 35% tint | 6k Garax HID | 3m Carbon pillars | IS-F rear conversion | 3M Diffuser w/ molding surround | AIT carbon splitters & rear canards | K&N filter | black carpet conversion | IS-F steering damper | Hella Horns | F-sport sway bar | Jun-TW |

Navi, ML
edgeucated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 03:51 PM   #3
chwang1973
Rookie

Scheduled Maintenance said: 60k
chwang1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 04:19 PM   #4
gc86
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (25)

do it at 60k thats whats recommended
Old 02-18-10, 05:20 PM   #5
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonTonDude View Post
So My car has reached the 60K maintenance schedule. I took it into my Toyota Dealership to have them do the Oil Change, Brake Fluid, and Spark Plugs. I got a call from them today saying that they called the Lexus Dealership and they spark plugs are Iridium and they don't need to be replaced for 100k+. Can anyone verify this? I know I read post on here saying that spark plugs need to be changed every 60K but the Toyota Service and Lexus Service both told me they don't need to be replaced until 100K miles.

BTW my car is '07 IS250 AWD.

I'd avoid those dealers.

Find some who actually know the scheduled change intervals of the parts on the car you're asking about.

Which for a 2IS is 60k miles for spark plugs, as per the people who built the thing and as indicated in the owners/scheduled maintenance manual.
Old 07-18-10, 12:40 PM   #6
intellect
Driver School Candidate

Send a message via AIM to intellect Send a message via Skype™ to intellect

does anyone know how to change the spark plugs yourself on a lexus is250 awd ?
intellect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 03:54 PM   #7
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (9)

^^^ There's sort of a DIY for IS250 (RWD/AWD same engine) spark plug change. I did mine yesterday followed that DIY and also Javy's (IS350 DIY spark plug change thread) for other details like torque spec's etc...
2006 TP IS250 AWD, Sirius, 35% Tint, Pocky Redouts, OEM Spoiler, Full OEM GFX kit, 18" Lexus Machined Tourmalines, JDM LED Mirrors, LED Interior & Parking lights, Polarg bulbs in fogs, JoeZ intake, 15/25MM H&R Spacers, ISF Steering Dampener, Dropped on BC Racing Coilovers.
BounceNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-10, 03:54 PM

Tags
2008, 60k, awd, awdd, change, interval, is250, lexus, maintenance, plug, plugs, replacing, spark, spec, torque