IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

if i can't trust the dealer with my car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 05:21 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i can't trust the dealer with my car...

who can i trust? i had to leave my car overnight at servco lexus honolulu, so... they can inspect and fix my driver's side chair! they fixed the driver's side chair under warranty which is great, but... i picked up my car with little rock chips on the lip of my rims and all of my valve stem caps were missing! i brought up my concern with another service advisor... he's like, oh you can't see them from far! i'm like, is this fcker serious? then, he's like... oh, you need to call your service advisor tomorrow (yesterday)! i called my service advisor and explained blah blah blah... he's like, i have to talk with the service manager and either one of us will call you back by the end of the day! did i get a call? hell to the no!!! i was busy this morning, so... i called after lunch and my service advisor tranfered me to the service manager! i was like, wtf i have to leave a message?

to be continued...

lei.
Old 06-24-08, 05:23 PM
solspeed
Driver

keep us posted. Was the valve stems cover aftermarket or stocky ?
Old 06-24-08, 05:28 PM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

aftermarket
Old 06-24-08, 05:33 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I would complain until i got my way. How do they lose the valve caps and not have a excuse to replace them..

Its not like they walked away. Maybe they were to nice, so he pocketed them

Good Luck!
Old 06-24-08, 06:08 PM
408IS350
Driver

Call corporate and complain
Old 06-24-08, 06:11 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

err... i trust no one... cept revision audio... and if i ever have to go back to servco EVERYTHING gets taken out of my car... only the manual with my reg/ins. card go to them but even when i get there i even take that out and take it with me...
Old 06-24-08, 07:48 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

wow, i've been reading alot on this forum lately about scumbag dealerships and it's got me kind of worried considering I'm gonna be getting my 350 in a couple days (YES!!!!), I'm going to make a mental note next time to take pictures of my car inside and out at the dealership whenever I have to leave it there for whatever reason. I read in some other thread some where on this forum or another that some dude found a condom wrapper in his back seat after picking up his car from some dealership in cali. that's really f'ed up man.
Old 06-24-08, 10:05 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that sucks and i would give them hell till they replace it. and for the above post WTF found a condom in the back seat damm i would want my entire car detailed.
Old 06-24-08, 10:46 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

wow i never had that problem... i left an ipod and my 300 dollar glasses in my car for 10k service.. in my car and it was all there when i got back.im start taking my stuff out...
Old 06-24-08, 11:43 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i've never had a major problem w/ taking my car into the dealership for service. minor problems abound, but when they call to follow-up on my visit i let them know.

btw, on my 15k visit i told the dealership i went to that i lost valve caps for my fronts, and they gave me brand new ones for no charge.
Old 06-26-08, 01:15 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Any updates? Have you checked with your salesman? They seemed to help when I had problems with Service.
Old 06-26-08, 01:24 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a freind that was obtaining an alignment at the dealer on his 3000 GT with 20" Konig Villian wheels back in the day. Upon his arrival home, he noticed two wheels were curbed. He immedaitaly spoke with all parties and it took a couple of days and thus, they agreed to have the wheels refinished. They should also offer a complete detail or some sort of good measure courtesy for your irritation. The vehicle was in the dealers posession and thus, it is their resonsibility to rectify. It is possible a porter took the car for a joy ride and pocketed the caps. With any event, I hope this is taken care of fast for you. sad to see these things happen.
Old 06-26-08, 01:31 PM
njmurvin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dealers are unpredictable. When I took delivery of my CPO IS350, I did about as good of a visual pre-delivery inspection as I could muster up after being grilled (and grilling) them all afternoon for a good deal. By the time it got out of detail, it was already twilight. The car looked pretty good. I even checked the passenger side wheels for curb rash - clean. So, when I got home (literally 15 minutes later), I realized I didn't check the driver side wheels (why? who parks on THAT side?). Anyway, you guessed it. Scraped and even bent a little bit was my left front wheel. So, I got right on the phone. My salesman had left for the day (probably spending his commission). I called next day and he told me, "No problem. Just bring it to the service department and they'll take care of you." Well, not exactly. I went thru hell with the service guys (at least 3 of them including the service manager doing everything short of accusing me of damaging the wheel and trying to put one over on them). I called the salesman again the next day and let him know how I was treated. I figured it was over. Anyway, he and his manager made a couple of calls and the same service manager that all but accused me was calling me to schedule an appoinment for a new wheel to be installed.

So, don't give up. Make sure they take care of you. That's why we buy Lexus.
Old 06-27-08, 01:32 AM
Annalyz
Lead Lap

ok, i have an update...

the service manager calls me back on tuesday afternoon and acts like he doesn't know why i'm calling him! i let the dude talk, blah blah blah, called the upholstry shop and your car was parked on their lot, this and that... i'm confused! the service manager doesn't know why i'm calling, but... he called the upholstry shop to sorta kinda investigate? i'm a girl, but... i'm not dumb!

anyways, i explained why i was calling... he's like, i want to see your car blah blah blah! i'm like, yeah ok i'll come by sometime this week... before we hung up, he mentioned my seat getting fixed! i'm like, yeah i'm happy... my service advisor said, it's because my suspension is too stiff! the service manager was like, huh? i'm like, yeah... the service advisor told me that my suspension and rims is making the ride stiff and that's why my seat broke! i told the service manager that i felt insulted... in so many words, he called me fat! i explained that my suspension is 10x better than my 6 months old blown stock shocks... the service manager apologized and said, he was going to talk with the service advisor when we hang up! i'm like, whatever ok i'll come by this week...

so, i finally went out of my way to wake up at the crack of dawn to stop by lexus... the service manager is going to order lexus high polished valve stem caps and hopefully they'll match my rims! as for my scratches, he's going to call someone and see if they can touch up the rims... for some reason, i drove off the lot with a i don't give a sht attitude! i don't know why? i just don't want to have anything to do with the dealer... they're soooooo full of sht, i can smell it in their breath!

to be continued...