IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dropped calls with Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-08, 12:38 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Dropped calls with Bluetooth

OK, so here's the issue that's driving me nuts. Everytime I'm in my car, talking on my cell phone (using bluetooth), and another call comes, if I don't answer that incoming call, both calls are terminated, and the explanation comes up on my Nav screen, "calls terminated by network".
When I'm not in my car, my call waiting feature works perfectly, I can be on a call, answer another incoming call, then go back between calls effortlessly.
Is there any way to adjust the IS's bluetooth features to stop hanging up on all my calls?? Thanks for your help!
Old 06-18-08, 12:42 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what phone are you using? maybe its a program in the phone beacause i know with my old blackberry it did this but when i got a tilt it does not do this and if i want to transfer call then just hit transfer but also might just tell the person hold on and transfer then transfer back...
Old 06-18-08, 01:01 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

I've got a Moto Razr V3. I noticed that when another call comes in, my Nav screen doesn't show that I have any options to answer the other call, at least not on the screen. I'm fairly sure that if I took my cell phone out, I could switch between calls, but isn't there a way to do it using the Nav screen/bluetooth to switch between calls?
Old 06-18-08, 01:48 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine has a transfer button which i press to transfer calls
Old 06-18-08, 02:14 AM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My blackberry does the samething....I think it might be the phone and the bluetooth compatibility with the car maybe
Old 06-18-08, 06:31 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
I've got a Moto Razr V3. I noticed that when another call comes in, my Nav screen doesn't show that I have any options to answer the other call, at least not on the screen. I'm fairly sure that if I took my cell phone out, I could switch between calls, but isn't there a way to do it using the Nav screen/bluetooth to switch between calls?
Do a search. I remember when I had the V3, I had the same issue. The "fix" was to update the firmware on the phone. This did fix the dropping problem, but I still couldn't transfer to the other call. My iPhone works fine now.
Old 06-18-08, 06:43 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to have this same phone but I never had the problem. I had verizon for my carrier and the phone was purchase new about 2 years ago. My wife has the same phone and it works in the car.

for answering the other call you should just push the talk button on the steering wheel to go to the other line then again to go back.

the transfer call someone mentioned above is NOT to switch over to the other line. that transfers the call to the phone so you are private if you have passengers or you are leaving the car you can continue the call.
Old 06-18-08, 09:16 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Have you also experienced after you leave your car and try to use your phone that you are still connected to your car. So when you try and use your phone there is no sound because your phone has not yet disconnected. ughh....
Old 06-18-08, 10:35 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Here is the old thread. PM Bichon and he should be able to help you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=firmware
Old 06-18-08, 10:57 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jns350
Have you also experienced after you leave your car and try to use your phone that you are still connected to your car. So when you try and use your phone there is no sound because your phone has not yet disconnected. ughh....
thats what the transfer button is for. I have navi so I just go into my phone screen if the navi is displayed and its says transfer or transfer call that will take care of what you are talking about I had the same problem when i first got the car and would sit in the car and wait to get out. I just played around with it and it worked

why the others are having the call drop I am not sure
Old 06-18-08, 03:20 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
for answering the other call you should just push the talk button on the steering wheel to go to the other line then again to go back.
Thanks! I never thought of trying that I'll try that for sure next time and hopefully it will end the dreaded call termination!
Old 06-18-08, 03:23 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jns350
Yup. Sometimes the phone will ring just as I'm exiting the car, and I'll answer it, only to hear nothing. Lately I've been better at switching back to handset the minute the phone rings, and my phone rings constantly so I've had lots of practice on that one.
Old 06-18-08, 03:24 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Here is the old thread. PM Bichon and he should be able to help you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=firmware
Thanks for the link and help
Old 06-18-08, 04:39 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
thats what the transfer button is for. I have navi so I just go into my phone screen if the navi is displayed and its says transfer or transfer call that will take care of what you are talking about I had the same problem when i first got the car and would sit in the car and wait to get out. I just played around with it and it worked

why the others are having the call drop I am not sure
Thanks Mike! Great that you are still around here whew. I'll try that from now on.