IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Time for a change....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 05:21 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llllllllll
Try craigslist too, but most of the people there try to hustle (like me )
And a lot of lowlife scum that try to lowball like crazy!!!
But sometimes you'll get lucky and can make a quick sale to someone who can appreciate what you have..
Just make sure you highlight the fact that it has such very low miles.
Oh and if I were you, I would swap on 2 stock wheels on one side and take a couple pics.. Shouldn't take more than a half hour...
It looks better with stock rims and people would appreciate the fact that it comes with stock rims and winter rims and be willing to pay more....
I would say you can probably get like $11k - $13k

The more descriptive your ad is + the more pictures you have - the faster it will sell..
If you want it to sell extra quick, make a couple videos and put them on youtube and include links to view the videos in your ads.
- video tour of the interior showing all electronics work, windows, sunroof, radio, etc...
- video of the car starting up and running showing instrument panel with no warning lights & showing mileage..
- video walk around tour of the whole exterior
etc....

Every time I include lots of pictures ( & VIDEOS ) I sell cars quicker!! It makes sense...
If you want to be lazy and not put a little time into it, you will sit on your car longer and people won't appreciate what you have.
If you want to sell the car for 6k then yeah don't worry about pictures and stuff.. But if you want more money you're gonna have to work for it.
I appreciate all of the good ideas I did some vids tonight of the car and the interior and exterior of the vehicle. I also put the summer wheels and tires back on, (damn this thing looks hot cleaned with the factory wheels!!!!) One thing I LOVE about Club Lexus is you almost NEVER have the "infighting" which is so prevalent with lots of other car brand web sites, people are so openly helpful, its sure a nice change. I loved this car the day I bought it, and have too say there is no other woman on this earth whom I would have rather of given it to than my mother... As I said before ladies and gentlemen, I have been truly BLESSED as far as parents go, and life in general! I currently have an ISF, but it will never hold the same place in my heart as my original IS300 does! I still love the "open" view you have in the IS300, and this damn thing feels like a go cart when you drive it, so nimble. If I was smart I would just sell the F and go all ToyoMoto on it, but I just don't have the time.
Old 02-17-11, 05:22 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nymidas
Very clean car, if you were in Australia that would go for $25k+!
Damn for 25k I'll ship it!!!
Old 02-18-11, 08:59 PM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ming15237
Damn for 25k I'll ship it!!!
haha i would too
Old 02-18-11, 09:00 PM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

lets see the vids and pics with the summer wheels and maybe one or two of the ISF because they are so damn sexy! lllllllll is right on key with how to sell it
Old 02-19-11, 05:42 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Default pics

Some more shots of it with the summer wheels on it.
Attached Thumbnails Time for a change....-100_2393.jpg   Time for a change....-100_2394.jpg   Time for a change....-100_2397.jpg   Time for a change....-100_2399.jpg   Time for a change....-100_2400.jpg  

Old 02-19-11, 05:50 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Default shots of the F

Enjoy the car **** boys and girls...
Attached Thumbnails Time for a change....-100_0963.jpg   Time for a change....-100_0983.jpg   Time for a change....-100_1031.jpg   Time for a change....-100_0984.jpg  
Old 02-19-11, 07:23 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

clean rides
Old 02-24-11, 09:28 AM
wassystyle
Driver School Candidate

Also try posting it here..
Old 02-24-11, 10:06 AM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

ohhhhhh myy. so sexy both cars are amazing. at least you get good colors and not boring ones. Summer wheels is wayyy better for selling it.
Old 02-26-11, 06:49 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slidingIS
ohhhhhh myy. so sexy both cars are amazing. at least you get good colors and not boring ones. Summer wheels is wayyy better for selling it.
Thanks for the compliments gents and ladies.
Old 02-26-11, 09:47 AM
nvryder
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what does kelly blue book say for pricing???
Old 02-27-11, 12:04 AM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

screw KBB they are way to cheap. every bank ive ever beeen to has use NADA guides.com they are sooo much better
Old 02-27-11, 07:27 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Default prices

Originally Posted by slidingIS
screw KBB they are way to cheap. every bank ive ever beeen to has use NADA guides.com they are sooo much better
This is the info I got from nada, and kbb.
Pricing
Rough
Trade-In Average
Trade-In Clean
Trade-In Clean
Retail
Base Price $4,450 $5,875 $7,075 $10,050
Mileage: 48,000 $3,537 $3,537 $3,537 $3,537
Power Sunroof $300 $300 $300 $350
See all options chosen
TOTAL PRICE $8,287 $9,712 $10,912 $13,937*
Not to mention Kelly Blue Book states the car is valued at 12.1K again no mention of color on either site. * Home
* >
* Used Cars
* >
* >
* Lexus
* >
* IS
* >
* IS 300 Sedan 4D

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4D

* Trade-In Value
* Private Party Value
* Suggested Retail Value
* CPO Value
* Photo Gallery
* Cars For Sale New!
* Compare Vehicles
* Review
* Consumer Ratings
* Find Your Next Car
* Specifications

Click Here
For Sale Near Allison Park
2001 Lexus IS
Total Listings Near Allison Park:
Below Blue
Book® Value*:
Find a Deal
*Suggested Retail Value
BUY A USED CAR
On Blue Book Classifieds™
Near ZIP To View Ads, Click
Shopping Tools

* CARFAX Record Check
* Auto Loan from 4.09% APR
* Compare Insurance Rates with Progressive
* Payment Calculator
* Extended Warranty Quote

LIST YOUR CAR FOR SALE
Special Package Offer!
For one low price you can reach millions of used car shoppers
Learn more now
Find The Right Car
Compare Used vs. New
To View List, Click
View Another Vehicle

Or Search by Category Or Change ZIP Code

BLUE BOOK® SUGGESTED RETAIL VALUE
Close
Suggested Retail Value

Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices for a used car, and the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history, but has not been certified in accordance with any Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program the automaker may offer (for which it may or may not qualify, according to factors such as vehicle age and mileage). This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.
2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4D
More Photos
Condition Value
Excellent
$12,125
Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition More
Close
Suggested Retail Value

This value assumes the vehicle has received the cosmetic and/or mechanical reconditioning needed to qualify it as "Excellent". This is not a transaction value; it is representative of a dealer's asking price and the starting point for negotiation.
Close
Poor

* Severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition.
* May have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body.
* Branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage.

Kelley Blue Book does not attempt to report a value on a "poor" vehicle because the value of these vehicles varies greatly. A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.
Close
Vehicle Condition Ratings

Excellent
(Selected)
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Next Step
SEARCH LOCAL LISTINGS
CARFAX Record Check