Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Just Purchased a 2008 Red ISF previously owned by Member Lexsane

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-14, 08:48 AM   #16
Clownshoes
Driver
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post
I would have to say that I'm one that definitely likes the idea of headers, but hasn't pulled the trigger on them because I don't want the CEL issues. As someone who has always modded his cars and had dealt with the problems that come along with modding, I'm enjoying the fact that I haven't seen a CEL one time on this car, and kind of want to keep it that way.

Headers are definitely the best power mod for this car though.
^^^this.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Clownshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 09:10 AM   #17
Evil Teo
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (11)
 
Evil Teo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,220
Evil Teo EvilTeo evilteo
Send a message via AIM to Evil Teo Send a message via MSN to Evil Teo
Default

Refer to VJ post...mistaken owner.
__________________


List of Mods
Car: 2008 USB Lexus IS-F
Mods: Joe Z|Toms|Wald|Arkym|BC Racing|OS Giken|Beat Sonic|HPS|FSport|GTSpec|Lexus|iJDMToys|V-LED|Bride|McGards|Junction Produce|Project Mu|Hawks|PPE|FIGS
Teo the "Triad Accountant"
#NELOC

Last edited by Evil Teo; 05-29-14 at 09:54 AM..
Evil Teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 09:36 AM   #18
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
VtotheJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Teo View Post
I knew the owner. He was a young owner so I think that he might of beat on it several times. We tried to tell him about the intake but I guess he didn't remove it or he didn't have the stock intake to put back on. I also know that the had an accident because the paint on some area of the car was. I think he had custom exhaust and sikky headers when I last saw him at the BBQ. try pming him or check with VtotheJ as he might know more about it.
Honestly, you can't expect any sports car to not be beat on. It makes no sense when owners of high end cars say "never abused"...who knows if that's really true? When I bought my F, I didn't even question whether it was beat on or not. It's a Lexus, so at the end of the day you know you're getting a reliable car.

I personally know Greg, the prev owner of the car. Teo, you're mistaken, I don't think he was in an accident. He did get the front and rear bumpers repainted due to rock chips, as we all get here in the Northeast winters. Car has custom exhaust but NO aftermarket headers.
__________________
2008Ultrasonic Blue Mica IS-F | TOMS LTS, 20% 3M tint, Continental DWS, 2nd cat delete + straight pipes
1998 Milano Red Acura Integra LS

Leader & Founder of NEISF: Official NorthEast ISF's
NEISF hosts biggest ISF meet in the world! Pictures/videos HERE.
VtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 09:52 AM   #19
Evil Teo
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (11)
 
Evil Teo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,220
Evil Teo EvilTeo evilteo
Send a message via AIM to Evil Teo Send a message via MSN to Evil Teo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Honestly, you can't expect any sports car to not be beat on. It makes no sense when owners of high end cars say "never abused"...who knows if that's really true? When I bought my F, I didn't even question whether it was beat on or not. It's a Lexus, so at the end of the day you know you're getting a reliable car.

I personally know Greg, the prev owner of the car. Teo, you're mistaken, I don't think he was in an accident. He did get the front and rear bumpers repainted due to rock chips, as we all get here in the Northeast winters. Car has custom exhaust but NO aftermarket headers.
Well it is recommended you do beat on it just not constantly and when the oil level is right... VJ did I ever met Greg at any of the meets. I don't remember him coming out then.

oh well to the op I would suggest getting stock air box and intake and exhaust just to start.
__________________


List of Mods
Car: 2008 USB Lexus IS-F
Mods: Joe Z|Toms|Wald|Arkym|BC Racing|OS Giken|Beat Sonic|HPS|FSport|GTSpec|Lexus|iJDMToys|V-LED|Bride|McGards|Junction Produce|Project Mu|Hawks|PPE|FIGS
Teo the "Triad Accountant"
#NELOC
Evil Teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 10:53 AM   #20
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ny
Posts: 7
Default

Dam I hope it wasn't in any accidents. It doesn't look like it was repainted to me. If it was the paint work looks excellent. The bumpers are fresh though. I wish he did the hood also it has some rock chips. Did he ever mention having the cell after his exhaust? And do you know where he had it done? Thnx vj for the info on the car. How did he take care of it over all? It drives perfect and feels tight and brandnew to me. I tried messaging him got no response. Of course he opened it up prolly often. I open it up everyday lol. By beating I ment not maintaining it properly. The service records look great on it. Maybe what you saw and thought was a accident. Was the front bumper isn't clipped perfectly on the passenger side. But looking at the service records the passenger head light was replaced for the auto leveling sensor or something. I bet Lexus didn't clip it in properly. Also the auto check and carfax was perfect

Last edited by Sal11585; 05-29-14 at 11:13 AM..
Sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 12:26 PM   #21
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
VtotheJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Teo View Post
Well it is recommended you do beat on it just not constantly and when the oil level is right... VJ did I ever met Greg at any of the meets. I don't remember him coming out then.

oh well to the op I would suggest getting stock air box and intake and exhaust just to start.
Agreed Teo, it is good to open up the exhaust once in a while. I remember Will (also has a red F) telling me a story where his cousin or something never beat on his Honda, and when he tried to take it up to redline, VTEC didn't kick in.....haha!!!

Hmm, I don't think you met Greg. Teo you may be confusing him with this other spoiled kid haha, he also had a red one and had eBay parts on his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal11585 View Post
Dam I hope it wasn't in any accidents. It doesn't look like it was repainted to me. If it was the paint work looks excellent. The bumpers are fresh though. I wish he did the hood also it has some rock chips. Did he ever mention having the cell after his exhaust? And do you know where he had it done? Thnx vj for the info on the car. How did he take care of it over all? It drives perfect and feels tight and brandnew to me. I tried messaging him got no response. Of course he opened it up prolly often. I open it up everyday lol. By beating I ment not maintaining it properly. The service records look great on it. Maybe what you saw and thought was a accident. Was the front bumper isn't clipped perfectly on the passenger side. But looking at the service records the passenger head light was replaced for the auto leveling sensor or something. I bet Lexus didn't clip it in properly. Also the auto check and carfax was perfect
Sal, I highly doubt it was an accident. Greg was saying that the body shop didn't clip the bumper properly but paintwork was excellent. He took care of the car, never drove in bad weather or anything. Headlight was replaced under warranty due to condensation. CEL is probably from the custom exhaust. If it's bothering you I'd just revert to stock and decide on an aftermarket exhaust. Or you could do what many members do and cut your secondary cats/mufflers to be extra safe, but still hear the V8 scream.
__________________
2008Ultrasonic Blue Mica IS-F | TOMS LTS, 20% 3M tint, Continental DWS, 2nd cat delete + straight pipes
1998 Milano Red Acura Integra LS

Leader & Founder of NEISF: Official NorthEast ISF's
NEISF hosts biggest ISF meet in the world! Pictures/videos HERE.
VtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 02:33 PM   #22
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ny
Posts: 7
Default

I really appreciate all the feed back. Makes me feel alot better about the car. I def don't want to go back to stock exhaust. I would have ended up putting a Joe z or a borla on it if it was stock anyway. I like the way the exhaust sounds. I just want to fix the cell cause its annoying having to reset it every 50 miles and I won't pass inspection with it either. Do you think i should just replace the o2 sensors? Maybe they damaged them when they did the custom exhaust. Or maybe the welding wasn't so great and it has a slight leak. I mean I guess I gotta get it checked out. And i should def go back to the stock air box. Do you know the body shop he used? Cauze that paint work is excellent I would def use them in the future. Funny the same head light they changed fogged up after a car wash. It goes away pretty fast though. I can live with it lol
Sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 07:31 PM   #23
lowrideraz
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
lowrideraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,606
Default

^^^^Code PO420 is related to the cats. From what I understand you sill have the stock exhaust manifolds, so the primary cats should still be in place, have you checked.? If the answer is Yes - Than it probably means that one of the post-cat sensors in your fabricated exhaust system has failed. These often go bad when the exhaust is replaced, and the sensor reused.

Lou
__________________
2008 ISF - Mercury Metallic
2011 Chevrolet Silverado - White
lowrideraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 07:48 PM   #24
ISFNYC
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ISFNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ISF View Post
The dude owes me five dollars.
he owes me a ride in that viper
__________________
2008 Obsidian ISF_ Joe~Z Intake| Custom_Exhaust| 12k Fogs| 20% Tints ~ the rest is yet to come
2003 Gx470
"If you got haters, you know you've done something right"


ISFNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-14, 08:39 PM   #25
lexsane
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 384
Default

Whats up Salim! Glad you like the car. It is a beast! My buddy got a GTR and the ISF wasn't cutting it so I had to upgrade to the Viper. I took very good car of the car. I bought the car with the SRT intake already on it. Never had a problem with it for the two years i owned it. The car does not have headers. The car did not have any issues when I traded it in. Sitting all winter and not being driven probably did not make the car happy. PM your number and I can answer any other questions you have and i can give you more info about the car.
lexsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 03:09 PM   #26
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere far far away
Posts: 19,279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexsane View Post
Whats up Salim! Glad you like the car. It is a beast! My buddy got a GTR and the ISF wasn't cutting it so I had to upgrade to the Viper. I took very good car of the car. I bought the car with the SRT intake already on it. Never had a problem with it for the two years i owned it. The car does not have headers. The car did not have any issues when I traded it in. Sitting all winter and not being driven probably did not make the car happy. PM your number and I can answer any other questions you have and i can give you more info about the car.
The power of the CL community

When I sold my slammed GS350 the second owner contacted me on CL too to ask questions. Made me feel good to know the old girl was out there doing well.
__________________

2010 LEXUS ISF / F Sport rear Sway Bar / Michelin PSS

The ISF......The perfect car for an enthusiast. It can be driven to the track, run hard all day , and then transport me hundreds of miles home in luxury and comfort to pick up the wife for dinner and a movie....
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 05:12 PM   #27
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ny
Posts: 7
Default

Nothing much. I pmed you my number. I'm def loving the car. Funny my freind just got a gtr also. He came by to take away my glory lol. How are you liking the Viper? That thing looks sick. I plan on adding ppe headers so maybe I can keep up with his gtr lol. The exhaust sounds awesome . I've been getting nothing but compliments on it. I may have to change to a borla when I add headers if it's ridiculously loud. Right now its perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexsane View Post
Whats up Salim! Glad you like the car. It is a beast! My buddy got a GTR and the ISF wasn't cutting it so I had to upgrade to the Viper. I took very good car of the car. I bought the car with the SRT intake already on it. Never had a problem with it for the two years i owned it. The car does not have headers. The car did not have any issues when I traded it in. Sitting all winter and not being driven probably did not make the car happy. PM your number and I can answer any other questions you have and i can give you more info about the car.

Last edited by Sal11585; 05-30-14 at 05:22 PM..
Sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-14, 05:12 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HI! just bought a 2008 rx400h lexsane Hybrid Technology 5 04-23-13 07:03 AM
Racing fuel 100/110 octane lexsane IS F 44 10-22-12 07:05 PM
wrap my intake lexsane IS F 11 08-19-12 10:26 AM
Has anyone wrapped their F? lexsane IS F 17 06-10-12 09:22 PM
SRT Intake lexsane IS F 11 05-18-12 03:49 PM


Tags
code, isf, o2, pipe, red, redisf, straight

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info