IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just Purchased a 2008 Red ISF previously owned by Member Lexsane

Old 05-29-14, 07:48 AM
Clownshoes
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vbb
I would have to say that I'm one that definitely likes the idea of headers, but hasn't pulled the trigger on them because I don't want the CEL issues. As someone who has always modded his cars and had dealt with the problems that come along with modding, I'm enjoying the fact that I haven't seen a CEL one time on this car, and kind of want to keep it that way.

Headers are definitely the best power mod for this car though.
^^^this.
Old 05-29-14, 08:10 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Refer to VJ post...mistaken owner.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 05-29-14 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-29-14, 08:36 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
I knew the owner. He was a young owner so I think that he might of beat on it several times. We tried to tell him about the intake but I guess he didn't remove it or he didn't have the stock intake to put back on. I also know that the had an accident because the paint on some area of the car was. I think he had custom exhaust and sikky headers when I last saw him at the BBQ. try pming him or check with VtotheJ as he might know more about it.
Honestly, you can't expect any sports car to not be beat on. It makes no sense when owners of high end cars say "never abused"...who knows if that's really true? When I bought my F, I didn't even question whether it was beat on or not. It's a Lexus, so at the end of the day you know you're getting a reliable car.

I personally know Greg, the prev owner of the car. Teo, you're mistaken, I don't think he was in an accident. He did get the front and rear bumpers repainted due to rock chips, as we all get here in the Northeast winters. Car has custom exhaust but NO aftermarket headers.
Old 05-29-14, 08:52 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Honestly, you can't expect any sports car to not be beat on. It makes no sense when owners of high end cars say "never abused"...who knows if that's really true? When I bought my F, I didn't even question whether it was beat on or not. It's a Lexus, so at the end of the day you know you're getting a reliable car.

I personally know Greg, the prev owner of the car. Teo, you're mistaken, I don't think he was in an accident. He did get the front and rear bumpers repainted due to rock chips, as we all get here in the Northeast winters. Car has custom exhaust but NO aftermarket headers.
Well it is recommended you do beat on it just not constantly and when the oil level is right... VJ did I ever met Greg at any of the meets. I don't remember him coming out then.

oh well to the op I would suggest getting stock air box and intake and exhaust just to start.
Old 05-29-14, 09:53 AM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dam I hope it wasn't in any accidents. It doesn't look like it was repainted to me. If it was the paint work looks excellent. The bumpers are fresh though. I wish he did the hood also it has some rock chips. Did he ever mention having the cell after his exhaust? And do you know where he had it done? Thnx vj for the info on the car. How did he take care of it over all? It drives perfect and feels tight and brandnew to me. I tried messaging him got no response. Of course he opened it up prolly often. I open it up everyday lol. By beating I ment not maintaining it properly. The service records look great on it. Maybe what you saw and thought was a accident. Was the front bumper isn't clipped perfectly on the passenger side. But looking at the service records the passenger head light was replaced for the auto leveling sensor or something. I bet Lexus didn't clip it in properly. Also the auto check and carfax was perfect

Last edited by Sal11585; 05-29-14 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-29-14, 11:26 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
Well it is recommended you do beat on it just not constantly and when the oil level is right... VJ did I ever met Greg at any of the meets. I don't remember him coming out then.

oh well to the op I would suggest getting stock air box and intake and exhaust just to start.
Agreed Teo, it is good to open up the exhaust once in a while. I remember Will (also has a red F) telling me a story where his cousin or something never beat on his Honda, and when he tried to take it up to redline, VTEC didn't kick in.....haha!!!

Hmm, I don't think you met Greg. Teo you may be confusing him with this other spoiled kid haha, he also had a red one and had eBay parts on his car.

Originally Posted by Sal11585
Dam I hope it wasn't in any accidents. It doesn't look like it was repainted to me. If it was the paint work looks excellent. The bumpers are fresh though. I wish he did the hood also it has some rock chips. Did he ever mention having the cell after his exhaust? And do you know where he had it done? Thnx vj for the info on the car. How did he take care of it over all? It drives perfect and feels tight and brandnew to me. I tried messaging him got no response. Of course he opened it up prolly often. I open it up everyday lol. By beating I ment not maintaining it properly. The service records look great on it. Maybe what you saw and thought was a accident. Was the front bumper isn't clipped perfectly on the passenger side. But looking at the service records the passenger head light was replaced for the auto leveling sensor or something. I bet Lexus didn't clip it in properly. Also the auto check and carfax was perfect
Sal, I highly doubt it was an accident. Greg was saying that the body shop didn't clip the bumper properly but paintwork was excellent. He took care of the car, never drove in bad weather or anything. Headlight was replaced under warranty due to condensation. CEL is probably from the custom exhaust. If it's bothering you I'd just revert to stock and decide on an aftermarket exhaust. Or you could do what many members do and cut your secondary cats/mufflers to be extra safe, but still hear the V8 scream.
Old 05-29-14, 01:33 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

I really appreciate all the feed back. Makes me feel alot better about the car. I def don't want to go back to stock exhaust. I would have ended up putting a Joe z or a borla on it if it was stock anyway. I like the way the exhaust sounds. I just want to fix the cell cause its annoying having to reset it every 50 miles and I won't pass inspection with it either. Do you think i should just replace the o2 sensors? Maybe they damaged them when they did the custom exhaust. Or maybe the welding wasn't so great and it has a slight leak. I mean I guess I gotta get it checked out. And i should def go back to the stock air box. Do you know the body shop he used? Cauze that paint work is excellent I would def use them in the future. Funny the same head light they changed fogged up after a car wash. It goes away pretty fast though. I can live with it lol
Old 05-29-14, 06:31 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,814 Likes on 1,281 Posts

^^^^Code PO420 is related to the cats. From what I understand you sill have the stock exhaust manifolds, so the primary cats should still be in place, have you checked.? If the answer is Yes - Than it probably means that one of the post-cat sensors in your fabricated exhaust system has failed. These often go bad when the exhaust is replaced, and the sensor reused.

Lou
Old 05-29-14, 06:48 PM
ISFNYC
Driver

Originally Posted by 2012ISF
The dude owes me five dollars.
he owes me a ride in that viper
Old 05-29-14, 07:39 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Whats up Salim! Glad you like the car. It is a beast! My buddy got a GTR and the ISF wasn't cutting it so I had to upgrade to the Viper. I took very good car of the car. I bought the car with the SRT intake already on it. Never had a problem with it for the two years i owned it. The car does not have headers. The car did not have any issues when I traded it in. Sitting all winter and not being driven probably did not make the car happy. PM your number and I can answer any other questions you have and i can give you more info about the car.
Old 05-30-14, 02:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsane
Whats up Salim! Glad you like the car. It is a beast! My buddy got a GTR and the ISF wasn't cutting it so I had to upgrade to the Viper. I took very good car of the car. I bought the car with the SRT intake already on it. Never had a problem with it for the two years i owned it. The car does not have headers. The car did not have any issues when I traded it in. Sitting all winter and not being driven probably did not make the car happy. PM your number and I can answer any other questions you have and i can give you more info about the car.
The power of the CL community

When I sold my slammed GS350 the second owner contacted me on CL too to ask questions. Made me feel good to know the old girl was out there doing well.
Old 05-30-14, 04:12 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

Nothing much. I pmed you my number. I'm def loving the car. Funny my freind just got a gtr also. He came by to take away my glory lol. How are you liking the Viper? That thing looks sick. I plan on adding ppe headers so maybe I can keep up with his gtr lol. The exhaust sounds awesome . I've been getting nothing but compliments on it. I may have to change to a borla when I add headers if it's ridiculously loud. Right now its perfect for me.

Originally Posted by lexsane

Last edited by Sal11585; 05-30-14 at 04:22 PM.