IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

No Future ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-12, 05:17 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Future ISF?

So I was at the Miami International Car show last night and was told by a Lexus spokesperson that the ISF was going be discontinued. In disbelief, I looked around to find no ISF. In not sure if he was full of it or what, but he seemed to have some backing with the fact that no ISF was displayed. We then got into a discussion about the LFA and why so many of them have been sitting in showrooms around miami for this long.... And so I didn't probe more about the ISF.

Has anyone heard any news of this happening? Are ISF sales really low enough for Lexus to want to behead the model? We have plenty of ISFs in my town so I may not notice how rare these cars are.
Old 11-10-12, 07:19 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see as many ISFs as I see late model M3s, I highly doubt they will get rid of it- maybe re brand it or change it.
Old 11-10-12, 08:04 AM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Im really surprised about this news. Im in the socal area and I rarely see ISF around here. I'm also thinking they won't discontinue the line, but that's just my opinion.
Old 11-10-12, 09:06 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by supafreeza
Wow. Im really surprised about this news. Im in the socal area and I rarely see ISF around here. I'm also thinking they won't discontinue the line, but that's just my opinion.
Im in SoCal as well and am always racking up the miles. I will see 10 M3's before I see 1 ISF - its cool that its rare but not cool if its discontinued. But the guy that Slay talked to might just be "blowing smoke", hopefully its just the guys opinion and not a fact.
Old 11-10-12, 09:09 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It seems toyota has chosen to take a more sporty direction with a lot of their line up. I'd be very surprised if they chose not to make a next gen is-f, especially given how successful our cars were at challenging BMW, Mercedes, etc.
Old 11-10-12, 10:18 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guys full of it Toyoda the CEO of Toyota would never let that happen because he is huge petrol head and wanted to make Toyota/Lexus less bland as brand in general...
Old 11-10-12, 10:20 AM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kinda call BS on this although does anyone think that it MIGHT be possible since the F didn't sell in huge quantities?? I hope they don't stick to the F sport badging and branding of regular cars like the new GS, but then again it would make our cars that much more rare
Old 11-10-12, 11:02 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I only know of 4 other ISFs in MA and I have only ever seen 2 other then mine in person. Most people that see my car either don't know what it is or get excited to see one in person.
Even if that is my experience in the Northeast I would be surprised to see production stop.
Lexus seems to be pushing the F line more all the time. I can't see having a bunch of F Sport cars with no actual F model (LFA need not apply).
Old 11-10-12, 11:37 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

that would be a big mistake IMO. The #1 comment i get on the street is "is that a Lexus? i didn't know Lexus had a car like that" In other words they don't equate Lexus with "performance" but more like Luxury, of course Quality..... and old folks.

this is a good way to get in with a younger crowd and stay there IMO.
Old 11-10-12, 12:25 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll believe it when I don't see a 2014 IS F...or they can be like BMW, and they'll bring it back in 2015. You can't believe a lot of these guys at the car shows...they're just guys that work trade shows. None of them are in sales, and that's what matters...SALES.

Look at BMW...Lime Rock edition M3? That's SALES...make whatever you need to make to sell more cars.
Old 11-10-12, 12:27 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I'll believe it when I don't see a 2014 IS F...or they can be like BMW, and they'll bring it back in 2015. You can't believe a lot of these guys at the car shows...they're just guys that work trade shows. None of them are in sales, and that's what matters...SALES.

Look at BMW...Lime Rock edition M3? That's SALES...make whatever you need to make to sell more cars.
Speaking of Lime Rock edition someone at the GF's place just bought one....definitely not worth the 85k but it looks siiiiiick
Old 11-10-12, 12:42 PM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I mean that's exactly it.... You guys aren't seeing them on the road for a reason. The Isf just isn't as popular as its competitors and that means low sales. I see a lot of ppl picking up 08 models but not brand new ones. So ruling it out as discontinued is a possibility
Old 11-10-12, 01:04 PM
RCM83
Lead Lap

What Lexus needs to do to bump up sales for the F is keep the V8 and beef it up a little, screw following BMW's lead with the turbo V6. If they redesigned it a little, developed a 6 speed manual option, and keep the V8 around I know a lot of M owners that have said instead of upgrading to a new M they would switch over to Lexus.
Old 11-10-12, 04:58 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

it looks like an IS250 and 350 - Im sure thats a main reason why people arent buying it - when people want something "different" they want something "different" - I would have gone with a M3 if I didn't intend to put 200,000 miles on it - spice it up more
Old 11-10-12, 05:00 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

The M3 looks like a 335 except the front bumper/fenders/rear exhaust.. like the differences between the IS250 and IS-F.. so whats your point? lol

Quick Reply: No Future ISF?