IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

stereo system sub. is not deep enough

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 07:55 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
huh?? There are no free air subs that fit right in. Plus adding a new sub wouldnt make it any louder, the amp is what controls that. Which is why you need a need amp to push a new sub
Many people I know are getting a monoblock amp and adding a new 10" or 12" sub. This is something I may consider...
Old 10-19-11, 08:32 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO its not just lacking in bass, it lacks everything. I didnt even know the thing had a woofer (cant hear it) and the system itself (mids/highs included) hits "max" way before it should. Its a disgrace. I love the headunit/navi/climate control portion of the system but the rest is very weak. It sounds good on talk shows, easy listening and probably some soft christian music (if i listened to that). Any time a song is just getting good, the system quickly runs out of throttle. I know my standards are high and i am used to MUCH MUCH more......but this is ridiculous. My stock Ford F150 s#!ts all over my fancy "ML" system.

Fella's, dont get a LOC....those things are dirty. Use something like a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 or even better the .3 when it comes out. Its one of the best ways to get a quality, clean output from the stock system to feed your aftermarket amps. Its not just for getting a clean signal, it is a very powerful eq/processor as well. The reason you havent seen me upgrade the ISF system yet is because i am waiting on the 3sixty.3 to be released.

Even when i do though, its not going to be skull crushing like my other rides.....it will be a couple tens, a monoblock amp and 1 (or 2) amps on the highs - and thats it. Im not looking to break the mirrors off of this car and add a bunch of weight but SOMETHING has to be done soon. Stock is stock, we all know that, but the way they brag about the "ML" system (when selling you the car), you would think its something really special.........when its really not. Again thats IMO, some of you seem happy with it.
Old 10-24-11, 06:17 AM
fraguada1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets said Tupac, hip hop. normal Radio stations, I'm in Orange County Ca. I have a Mercedes 2001 Clk430 with the factory Bose system the subwoofer is Insane even with the roof down at 130 mph. (listen to opera) Common what kind of car savy group I'm I talking too. If you don't havea solution. Do not post. I'll change the sub woofer.
Old 10-24-11, 06:22 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fraguada1
Lets said Tupac, hip hop. normal Radio stations, I'm in Orange County Ca. I have a Mercedes 2001 Clk430 with the factory Bose system the subwoofer is Insane even with the roof down at 130 mph. (listen to opera) Common what kind of car savy group I'm I talking too. If you don't havea solution. Do not post. I'll change the sub woofer.
With bad spelling, grammar, and sentence structure aside, I think I know what you're talking about.
Old 10-24-11, 03:15 PM
fraguada1
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks.

Originally Posted by mugenh22a4
With bad spelling, grammar, and sentence structure aside, I think I know what you're talking about.
Hahaha you are right not the best grammar boy. Noticing the kind of answers I get in this forum It's obvious that I'm talking with a bunch of jokers, After all I shouldn't be surprised. We are Rice Burner Owners now. If you go to the Mercedes or BMW forums people know what they are talking about and you get a solution. Not a grammar class.
Old 10-24-11, 03:24 PM
fraguada1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by meade916
IMO its not just lacking in bass, it lacks everything. I didnt even know the thing had a woofer (cant hear it) and the system itself (mids/highs included) hits "max" way before it should. Its a disgrace. I love the headunit/navi/climate control portion of the system but the rest is very weak. It sounds good on talk shows, easy listening and probably some soft christian music (if i listened to that). Any time a song is just getting good, the system quickly runs out of throttle. I know my standards are high and i am used to MUCH MUCH more......but this is ridiculous. My stock Ford F150 s#!ts all over my fancy "ML" system.

Fella's, dont get a LOC....those things are dirty. Use something like a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2 or even better the .3 when it comes out. Its one of the best ways to get a quality, clean output from the stock system to feed your aftermarket amps. Its not just for getting a clean signal, it is a very powerful eq/processor as well. The reason you havent seen me upgrade the ISF system yet is because i am waiting on the 3sixty.3 to be released.

Even when i do though, its not going to be skull crushing like my other rides.....it will be a couple tens, a monoblock amp and 1 (or 2) amps on the highs - and thats it. Im not looking to break the mirrors off of this car and add a bunch of weight but SOMETHING has to be done soon. Stock is stock, we all know that, but the way they brag about the "ML" system (when selling you the car), you would think its something really special.........when its really not. Again thats IMO, some of you seem happy with it.

Thanks a lot for your post. The only one that addressed my problem. I been looking into it and found some like the infinity , JL Audio and that Rockford. I was hoping to find Velodyne or B&W.
Old 10-24-11, 03:38 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Come on man, I had to reread your post, and I still couldn't understand it. I read it aloud to actually get what you're trying to say. If you're not willing to put the effort out and make your posts legible, people aren't going to be so willing to help you find a solution.

And a few things to note. A good equalizer setting tends to be neutral so one certain frequency isn't overpowering the others. To design a sound system that hits on hip-hop and the likes will be a turn-off for people who don't listen to that. The system was designed to be "adequate" for as many owners (and potential buyers) as possible. If you don't like it, then run some wires back and put in a new sub and amp, as I (and many others) have done. But I guarantee you, people who are unsatisfied enough to put a new sub in their cars are the minority.
Old 10-24-11, 03:42 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Hahaha you are right not the best grammar boy. Noticing the kind of answers I get in this forum It's obvious that I'm talking with a bunch of jokers, After all I shouldn't be surprised. We are Rice Burner Owners now. If you go to the Mercedes or BMW forums people know what they are talking about and you get a solution. Not a grammar class.
You asked the wrong forum and didn't get what you wanted. Where's the surprise?

Try here. This forum is dedicated to audio/video/electronics. Not many in the F forum are discussing audio. Most of us bought the car for a different reason.
Old 10-24-11, 03:49 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks a lot for your post. The only one that addressed my problem.
I told you search LOC (line out converter)...you'll find out how to do what you want.

ps chill with the attitude, not gonna get alot of help like that. People like to play around on here, they are not attacking you
Old 10-24-11, 06:24 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
IMO its not just lacking in bass, it lacks everything.
+1
I got this:

http://mysosinc.com/box_lex_IS.html

with separate sub amp and another amp for the rest of the system all hooked through a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2. There are separate line level controls for the sub and the rear speakers mounted in the center console. I have to be sure to turn the volume down before switching from satellite to FM radio, but other than that it is MUCH better.
It saves tickets too since I can't hear the radar detector anymore, so I have to keep it at the speed limit.