Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default killer deal

someone hop on this!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...26394839&Log=0
Old 07-04-16, 12:55 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

I wouldn't call that a "killer" deal, but decent price if the car has been maintained well. Def needs better pics....and can't quite tell, but the car looks dirty in the pics...?!? Not sure why someone would post pics of a dirty car when trying to sell it, lol!

V.
Old 07-04-16, 08:06 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

A member here in the IE got a 2013 2 years ago similar price with 7k on the ODO. This particular F not that bueno price as Japonesv8 would say .
Old 07-04-16, 09:13 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
A member here in the IE got a 2013 2 years ago similar price with 7k on the ODO. This particular F not that bueno price as Japonesv8 would say .
Yes I did Manuel, 7032 miles to be exact. And mine was/is pristine. That one in the link is FILTHY!! Enough brake dust on the car to choke anyone looking at it in person! And it states "Excellent Condition" in the ad! Just goes to show you people have very different views of what 'Excellent' actually is...
Old 07-05-16, 10:29 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Those wheels need to come off and detailed by hand, as well as the whole car.

Too bad he's not closer to NC.

Good color combo and year, hope it goes to a good home for someone who can appreciate a true performance car.
Old 07-06-16, 07:49 AM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Actually been watching this vehicle for a while now. It is very tempting, but the problem is there's a lien on it.

The only ways I can think of to purchase it would be to see the vehicle in person, forward the funds to pay off the lien, and then travel down a second time to pick up the vehicle. That or pay off the lien in advance and cross your fingers it's perfect when you get there. Or travel down advance the funds if it's in good condition, and rely on the seller to forward the title when he gets it back from the lien being paid off.

A bit of a risk in all of the cases really.
Old 07-06-16, 01:41 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimase
Actually been watching this vehicle for a while now. It is very tempting, but the problem is there's a lien on it.

The only ways I can think of to purchase it would be to see the vehicle in person, forward the funds to pay off the lien, and then travel down a second time to pick up the vehicle. That or pay off the lien in advance and cross your fingers it's perfect when you get there. Or travel down advance the funds if it's in good condition, and rely on the seller to forward the title when he gets it back from the lien being paid off.

i've actually been talking to this guy all day about this car. it has its plusses and minuses. i may pull the trigger on it, this week. but only if that damn pinstripe is stuck on instead of painted on...
Old 07-06-16, 03:48 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

I have purchased many vehicles with lien holders, both in and out of state, without complication.

Easiest way in my experience is fly down, if you like the car, go to your bank and have two cashier's checks drawn up, one for the balance owed made out to the lien holder, one for the remainder for the registered owner.

A lot of states have paperless title when there is a lien, so you walk in to the lien holder, hand over the check, do the transfer, and the new pink slip/title is issued to the new registered owner, you drive the car home.
Old 07-06-16, 03:50 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DrRick
i've actually been talking to this guy all day about this car. it has its plusses and minuses. i may pull the trigger on it, this week. but only if that damn pinstripe is stuck on instead of painted on...
What are the good points? And I agree the pinstriping sucks!! At first glance I thought I was seeing things!
Old 07-06-16, 07:32 PM
ultimase
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
I have purchased many vehicles with lien holders, both in and out of state, without complication.

Easiest way in my experience is fly down, if you like the car, go to your bank and have two cashier's checks drawn up, one for the balance owed made out to the lien holder, one for the remainder for the registered owner.

A lot of states have paperless title when there is a lien, so you walk in to the lien holder, hand over the check, do the transfer, and the new pink slip/title is issued to the new registered owner, you drive the car home.
Think the issue here is the lien holder is not a physical bank. So even once the lien is fulfilled there is up to 30 days before the physical title is obtained.
Old 07-07-16, 06:33 PM
TheBuyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think the issue here is the lien holder is not a physical bank. So even once the lien is fulfilled there is up to 30 days before the physical title is obtained.
I agree. I have sold two cars in FL with liens and it took up to two weeks for the state to be notified to release the title electronically. If you are the buyer, this puts you in a precarious spot because you will not be able to drive it or in some cases insure it until the vehicle is registered.
Old 07-07-16, 07:43 PM
kolyan
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222

Lol, not even close to killer deal
Old 07-08-16, 04:56 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Originally Posted by SoCalISF

I had a bad experience with this with purchasing a car with a BOA loan. DMV wanted a statement that the loan was paid off and I could get a temp tag while the electronic title release went through but BOA refused to provide it. My bank said they would do that no problem and basically said BOA were being jerks. After a few hours of researching by me and the seller I gave up and waited the 10 days or so for the title to show no lien.... it was annoying but worth it.

This was local and the seller was a good guy but be warned this could still be sketchy out of state. make sure the person with the lien gets all the info up front.
Old 07-09-16, 11:57 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Go with a good credit union for financing, don't go with a Bank.
Old 07-09-16, 12:09 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Go with a good credit union for financing, don't go with a Bank.
Yes I agree and that's what I use but the seller had a lien via BOA, can't do much to control that if you want the car. I was just warning people who are looking to purchase cars from a private seller with an existing lien. The way my deal went down it would not have been practical to do it out of state.