Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lmao.. We are still debating this??????
Old 12-28-15, 11:57 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! Some people feel the need to enter a thread in a forum for a particular car and crap on it when they dont own one , never drove one, never tracked one, etc.

LMAO at the bench racers out there. Give it up.
So, does that mean when I get my exhaust installed on my RC-F next month we'll see what's what?

When's the next meet up in Phoenix? I think Oliver Smith still does cars and coffee, no?
Old 12-28-15, 01:06 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyJames
So, does that mean when I get my exhaust installed on my RC-F next month we'll see what's what?

When's the next meet up in Phoenix? I think Oliver Smith still does cars and coffee, no?
I would love to see RCF and ISF go head to head both with I/H/E similar suspension either oem or coilovers,same thing goes for tires either street or drag radios. And the most important mod of all the drivers.They should have the same skill set, if one has a lot of experience drag racing and the other not muvh or anyone then the one with the most ecperence will win the race.

This will be a great match up I think it's going to come down to
1. drivers skills
2. whoever gets traction and can hold it
3. Reaction time
4. 60 foot

Just my opinion but I think the ISF will have the advantage in the beginning, with the less weight to deal with but the RCF having more horsepower and peak Tq coming in earlier at 4800rpm vs 5100 for ISF. In theory that should allow him to catch up to ISF. Too close to call the only way to truly find out is to these two go at it.

It should be it close race indeed. Anyone else like to speculate what they think the outcome might be
Old 12-28-15, 01:21 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by DanISFast
I really hope you're not trying to push this video off as a legitimate race between the ISF and RCF.

If you listen to the cars, there were 2 gear changes, end of 3rd will put these cars at around 95 mph-ish....when they should be trapping 113-114 in the 1/4. That just shows that when the cars passed the camera man, they were far from a finishing a quarter mile.
The RCF already had pulled 3- 4 car lengths ahead of the ISF. There was no way ISF would have reeled it back in.

The ISF simply blew the launch, case closed.
Whenever ISF loses, it is the launch. When an RCF loses, it is the ISF being the superior car. Beginning to get the pattern here on ISF forum.

So what you're trying to prove is that even when Car and Driver tested the ISF, they got 0-60 in 4.2 and 1/4 mile in 12.7 and the RCF got 0-60 in 4.3 and 1/4 in 12.8... SOMEHOW magically on the street the mighty RCF with unicorn powder in its gas tank will put 6-7 car lengths on an ISF even before the 1/4 mile is over..... yeah...that makes sense.:thumb up:
RCF was clocked at 12.7 seconds bone stock by Motor Trend. Wonder why has that been left out? Do you realize that there is typically a few tenth spread of test numbers with the same car in various magazines and various days? Want to talk about the poor results? How about the 13.1 seconds by the ISF? If you want to take the best of ISF and worst of RCF then isn't it fair to look at the worst of ISF as well? Show me one test where the RCF did poor than 12.8 seconds. Moreover, no magazine has ever been able to get close to E.Kanoo's bone stock 12.5 seconds he put down. You are comparing two tests done in different years, surface conditions, different times, different temperature etc. Unless there is a head to head race, too many variables skew the results.

This thread is going downhill. I will repeat what I have said before, ISF is an amazing and incredible car in its own right that has done wonders for the Lexus brand. I admire it every time I see one going on the road and also when I drove it.

My quibble is when all of the ISF/RCF owners say, RCF is quicker including the chief engineer, they are all liars including the math of superior power to weight ratio, which works in RCF's favor. That also include all of the European tests where RCF clearly puts down substantially quicker times the ISF in 0 - 200 km/h (124 mph) tests. A best of 14.7 seconds versus 15.6 seconds. That also include the dutch video test where the RCF pulled several car lengths on the ISF.

However, when ISF owners say, ISF is quicker, that is 100% legitimate.

I put far more stock in people who have owned both RCF and ISF either concurrently or at different times because they would give their rational and objective opinions as to how the cars compare as they have lived with both cars day in day out.

It makes all sense to me. It sounds as if it is not about giving credit where it is due. It is more about feeling better about what one owns.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-28-15 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-28-15, 01:37 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Geezz I thought gearbanging had their video about this..rcf vs isf...
Old 12-28-15, 01:54 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chris07is
Geezz I thought gearbanging had their video about this..rcf vs isf...
That is what has caused a lot of misconception. The RCF did not have a race header, had bigger/wheels tires meaning heavier tires (negating the benefits of lighter wheels) and bigger circumference wheel/tire combo essentially making the gear ratios taller, which hurts the acceleration in lower gears.

Not an apples to apples comparison in my opinion.
Old 12-28-15, 02:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

the RCF is a faster car than the ISF. we made that clear. its the fact that its not much faster for having more power and 2 less doors.
Old 12-28-15, 02:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
the RCF is a faster car than the ISF. we made that clear. its the fact that its not much faster for having more power and 2 less doors.
That is very understandable.
Old 12-28-15, 05:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Frankly, drag racing is for kids and stop lights . I am a road course guy. I got something for your RCF if you want to bring her out to a local track day. This F'r knows how to move this car and I have a pretty wide and sticky foot print. LOL Also not afraid of the rock chips and glass damage. I still bet Id be extremely comparable on a road course to an RCF without the TVD . ( Im actually heading to Chuckwalla in March to check out a 6th track AND to compare my track times to the GSF and RCF)

Cars and Coffee in Scottsdale first Saturday of every month. Bring it out !! Congrats on the new F buddy. She is a beauty !! Nobody is saying that the RCF is not faster, its just not that much faster. We all know on a road course the driver has a huge affect on lap times. I have practiced quite a bit and although I love and celebrate the RCF and the F brand, IF I WAS ON TRACK I WOULDN'T BE POINTING AN RC-F BY. IT WOULD NEED TO EARN IT .
Old 12-28-15, 05:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
BOOM sweet and concise.

Like I have said, the RCF is faster but it is more of an evolution than a revolution. It addressed many of the initial issues with the ISF but then added other dynamic issues by adding so much weight . The RCF is awesome but its a HUGE mistake that Lexus has not brought the ISF back for a second generation.

My kids are still very young and I thought about trading my ISF for one but then when I sat in one I wouldnt be able to fit in one with my helmet on ( 6'5"). I guess I will wait for a used GSF down the line or make the jump to a CTSV ( scary buying a domestic car )
Old 12-28-15, 05:17 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts
Default big willow

: IF I WAS ON TRACK I WOULDN'T BE POINTING AN RC-F BY. IT WOULD NEED TO EARN IT .
lol...NO POINT BY ALLOWED...there you go tammer....you'll be at chuckwalla for spring, might as well come down and lets all hit the BIG WILLOW...
Old 12-28-15, 05:50 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
This thread is going downhill.
Yes it is.
Old 12-28-15, 06:13 PM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Frankly, drag racing is for kids and stop lights . I am a road course guy. I got something for your RCF if you want to bring her out to a local track day. This F'r knows how to move this car and I have a pretty wide and sticky foot print. LOL Also not afraid of the rock chips and glass damage. I still bet Id be extremely comparable on a road course to an RCF without the TVD . ( Im actually heading to Chuckwalla in March to check out a 6th track AND to compare my track times to the GSF and RCF)

Cars and Coffee in Scottsdale first Saturday of every month. Bring it out !! Congrats on the new F buddy. She is a beauty !! Nobody is saying that the RCF is not faster, its just not that much faster. We all know on a road course the driver has a huge affect on lap times. I have practiced quite a bit and although I love and celebrate the RCF and the F brand, IF I WAS ON TRACK I WOULDN'T BE POINTING AN RC-F BY. IT WOULD NEED TO EARN IT .
I just might have to take you up on that! At least cars and coffee Thanks for the compliments - I love it, but also miss the IS-F There's just something super special about that car... I completely agree that the RC-F is an evolution; not a revolution.
Old 12-28-15, 06:47 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I just might have to take you up on that! At least cars and coffee Thanks for the compliments - I love it, but also miss the IS-F There's just something super special about that car... I completely agree that the RC-F is an evolution; not a revolution.
Would love to meet you and check out the RCF. Congrats on the ride. She is GORGEOUS !! The show is at the Shops at Gainey Village. If you google it you can get an exact address for the navi. The show is amazing.

I need a ride in the RCF though !!
Old 12-28-15, 09:10 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2015 RC-F C&D Lightening Lap - 3:05.8
2011 IS-F C&D Lightening Lap - 3:05.4

if your IS-F has been modified, and it has the LSD that came with the 2010, then you should be able to really embarrass an RC-F...

Quick Reply: IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids