ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/807115-is-the-rc-f-really-worth-the-pennies-check-out-these-vids.html)

AshyAnklez 12-24-15 06:55 PM

IS the RC F really worth the pennies...Check out these vids

I am not clear how accurate these runs were but clearly looks like our IS F ain't no punk...I was expecting the RC F to be BADASS and spank on the IS F This is just to show that our cars is still a contender.:woot:

30 minutes later found this next video..Now I am down right LMAO...

flowrider 12-24-15 07:13 PM

Yep, we know:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-rcf-fun.html

Lou

I8ABMR 12-24-15 07:21 PM

100% even. It really only depends on who got the better start or jumped ( thats like in 100% of the videos ). Im keeping my ISF for a long time.

Gearbangin 12-24-15 07:23 PM

Damn that ISF sounds good. ;)

Tokenblkgy 12-24-15 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gearbangin (Post 9298810)
Damn that ISF sounds good. ;)

Dude what do you have done to your ISF it sounds mean :P

Good racing btw!! You made us all want to keep our ISF's over the RCF

chris07is 12-24-15 08:40 PM

I'll give both credit for doing this...real **** going down!!!!

Weapon F 12-24-15 08:44 PM

Yes sir, ISF with headers, Full exhaust and Intake if ISF get a better reaction time and traction especially from dig the ISF seems to beat RCF that extra weight is one factor another is fact that RCF has 389 tq thats only18lbs tq more than ISF's 371tq. Form roll they seem closer who ever gets jump and traction seem to win. With slight edge going to ISF. The RCF in both videos has catback exhaust, no secondary cats, intake and carbon ceramic rotors so a little less rotational mass better braking, less mass for motor to rotate. So Both Not stock.

Once they have headers out for RCF That may even odds. RCF will probably beat ISF with headers and full exhaust especially from roll but must likely not by much. Its still not big enough improvement performance wise over ISF for me to jump ship.

AshyAnklez 12-24-15 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy (Post 9298846)
Dude what do you have done to your ISF it sounds mean :P

Good racing btw!! You made us all want to keep our ISF's over the RCF

Not my ride..My car is bone stock. I was looking at trading mines for the RC-F. I am not to sure about that now though. Yes I am in agreement I will keep mines. I should have gotten 2012 or newer.

Tokenblkgy 12-24-15 08:53 PM

Oh I know it wasn't yours i was quoting Gearbangin.. The RCF is legit but not enough for me to get rid of my ISF!!

05RollaXRS 12-24-15 09:09 PM

One big disadvantage that particular RCF has is, the big 20 inch wheels (other than less power mods). Although, wheels themselves are lighter, but the wheel/tire combo has a much larger circumference than stock. Therefore, it has much taller gearing than stock. Taller gear hurts acceleration especially in lower gears.

Also, the tires on that RCF themselves are bigger than OEM so they are also heavier than the stock 19 inch tires.

Stock vs stock the RCF beats the ISF by a comfortable margin.

ISF (Exhaust/Sikky Headers) vs RCF (exhaust only)

Stock RCF vs ISF (Exhaust)

Stock drag race at 1:09

E.Kanoo's bone stock RCF goes 12.5

ISDAS 12-24-15 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
its not just about the 'can it beat an isf' its the driving experience and the RCF is just a beautiful car to be in and look at (as long as its not orange, sorry) - if I had the means, id have both.

previous owner of my ISF upgraded and I got his old F.. pretty common upgrade it seems ;)

Attachment 493374

jat0223 12-25-15 05:45 AM

Stock for stock they're pretty much even in straight line. I had hoped the the RCF was at least faster at a track but the 2011 ISF is faster at the track as well, at least at VIR.

ybing 12-25-15 05:53 AM

I just wish the RC is lighter... it is such a heavy car :(:( That's why I cancelled my order and wait for the GS F, and it is not as good as what I was hoping, so end up with a big thirsty truck :woot:

CodyJames 12-25-15 10:46 AM

Having recently traded in my IS-F after over three years of ownership for the RC-F, bone-stock, the RC-F is undoubtedly faster than the IS-F.

05RollaXRS 12-25-15 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by CodyJames (Post 9299143)
Having recently traded in my IS-F after over three years of ownership for the RC-F, bone-stock, the RC-F is undoubtedly faster than the IS-F.

That is what every owner tells me who traded his ISF for RCF (or has both). Even the chief engineer himself (Yaguchi) said he made RCF to be significantly quicker than the ISF. It is also corroborated by video evidence of stock RCF beating the ISF by several car lengths.