IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I don't understand the hype around the GTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-15, 10:10 AM
abohler
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
So...... you're comparing in a straight line.. a modded ISF WITH NOS to a completely stock GTR?

BRB going to add e85 + FBO + injectors to my GTR and wonder why a Ferrari 458 for $250k feels so slow.. nah I'm just going to sell my GTR and buy a "built Honda Del Sol with a built k24 GT40R swap and beat everything for $20k"

btw, not sure how its possible for someone to convince themselves to buy a $90k car and not like it before buying it.. did you not test drive it? Sure its not the car for everyone but if you were ready to spend that much then atleast knows the ins and outs of the car and not assume that buying a GTR will make you happy.

The car makes stupid amounts of power easily, turns REALLY well compared to an ISF (thats definitely something you can't change).. so it go fast and can turn.. can't say the same for an old school muscle car.. you know what other cars that can go fast in a straight line AND be able to take corners fast??.. Super cars.
I get it, you're a little upset because you just got you "grail car", and I think it's garbage. You can build any muscle car to "turn" just fine. Just takes some suspension upgrades. Great, it is better than a ferrari. Just not in to all this hype. Yes I did drive the car, and 90k seemed like a good price. I am much more into straight line and realized this is not the platform to start. Have fun with your 13. Maybe I'll smoke you some day when we cross paths.
Old 08-06-15, 10:11 AM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Get a Supra
The drivetrain can take a lot of power and torque abuse and it's pretty easy to make big power reliably.
Considered that. Comparing the GTR to the Supra. Supra wins hands down. I am truly disappointed
Old 08-06-15, 10:31 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by abohler
I get it, you're a little upset because you just got you "grail car", and I think it's garbage. You can build any muscle car to "turn" just fine. Just takes some suspension upgrades. Great, it is better than a ferrari. Just not in to all this hype. Yes I did drive the car, and 90k seemed like a good price. I am much more into straight line and realized this is not the platform to start. Have fun with your 13. Maybe I'll smoke you some day when we cross paths.
I'm not upset, I'm just being logical. If you have the money to buy a brand new GTR, couldn't you atleast test drive it or ask current owners what they think of it before diving into one? I sure as hell wouldn't spend more than $50k on a car without actually liking it and knowing its the car for me. Maybe owners like you are the best ones because anyone looking to buy a car that already had showroom depreciation will definitely buy yours

Judging by the fact that you added NOS to your ISF and then bought a GTR just to go straight fast shows you're the wrong person for the car (note I did not say not the wrong car for you). You won't use the car to its intended purposes and if you wanted a fast straight line car theres a TON of options.. Hellcat, ZR1, C63, CTSV etc..

Maybe you might smoke my stock GTR the day we cross paths, up until the first corner.

Last edited by ISFpat; 08-06-15 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-06-15, 10:39 AM
kukimonsta
Driver School Candidate

IMO, GTR is a holy grail car for people that grew up in the gran tourismo, playstation days. Even the interface looks like you're playing a video game. It's a beast of a car and thank Nissan and govnt for allowing it to come to the states.
Old 08-06-15, 10:47 AM
abohler
Driver

I'm not upset, I'm just being logical. If you have the money to buy a brand new GTR, couldn't you atleast test drive it or ask current owners what they think of it before diving into one? I sure as hell wouldn't spend more than $50k on a car without actually liking it and knowing its the car for me. Maybe owners like you are the best ones because anyone looking to buy a car that already had showroom depreciation will definitely buy yours

Judging by the fact that you added NOS to your ISF and then bought a GTR just to go straight fast shows you're the wrong person for the car (note I did not say not the wrong car for you). You won't use the car to its intended purposes and if you wanted a fast straight line car theres a TON of options.. Hellcat, ZR1, C63, CTSV etc..

Maybe you might smoke my stock GTR the day we cross paths, up until the first corner.
Sorry, not my fault I have the money to do **** like buy a gtr and dump it. I guess you're right, maybe I am not the right person for the GTR and I see why you are. Weak, loud and showy. I owned a 911 GT2 as well. So I have a pretty good gauge of what a track car should be. Overrated, overhyped. Feels like kids in highschool all over again.
Old 08-06-15, 11:16 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, not my fault I have the money to do **** like buy a gtr and dump it. I guess you're right, maybe I am not the right person for the GTR and I see why you are. Weak, loud and showy. I owned a 911 GT2 as well. So I have a pretty good gauge of what a track car should be. Overrated, overhyped. Feels like kids in highschool all over again.
LOL you are a joke.

No one cares what kinda "money" you have. You are comparing a GTR to a muscle car. Comparing a fully bolt on ISF with nitrous to a stock GTR? Of course you will be upset stock GTR is still a stock GTR. Do full bolts ons and E85 then compare it to your ISF.

GTR is not over rated nor over hyped it is a very capable car meant for track driving. It was developed for track conditions not for drag racing. I always laugh at people thinking it is a drag car. Can it be made into a drag car? Yes anything can be and I have some friends with 1200hp+ GTR's I was at Fontana a few weekends ago and watch a 90s civic crx do 188mph in the quarter so anything can be made fast.

You bought a car and have regrets. Don't know what you were expecting. If you test drove it you would have felt the power right then and should have decided it wasn't the car for you, I don't know any "wealthy" people that stay wealthy by buying and selling a car after 2 months, but if you are that wealthy someone else will enjoy buying your used GTR at a bargain price from you.

Good luck to you and your drag racing
Old 08-06-15, 11:23 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm not a fan of the GTR myself, but even one or two test drive is enough to decide whether I want to buy it or not...
Old 08-06-15, 11:31 AM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by Murph145
LOL you are a joke.

No one cares what kinda "money" you have. You are comparing a GTR to a muscle car. Comparing a fully bolt on ISF with nitrous to a stock GTR? Of course you will be upset stock GTR is still a stock GTR. Do full bolts ons and E85 then compare it to your ISF.

GTR is not over rated nor over hyped it is a very capable car meant for track driving. It was developed for track conditions not for drag racing. I always laugh at people thinking it is a drag car. Can it be made into a drag car? Yes anything can be and I have some friends with 1200hp+ GTR's I was at Fontana a few weekends ago and watch a 90s civic crx do 188mph in the quarter so anything can be made fast.

You bought a car and have regrets. Don't know what you were expecting. If you test drove it you would have felt the power right then and should have decided it wasn't the car for you, I don't know any "wealthy" people that stay wealthy by buying and selling a car after 2 months, but if you are that wealthy someone else will enjoy buying your used GTR at a bargain price from you.

Good luck to you and your drag racing
It's like groundhog day in here. Every ISF owner goes to a GTR because you can't think outside the box. No wonder you all get so butt hurt when I knock the car you've been saving your whole life to get.
Old 08-06-15, 11:40 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey man to each his own, BUT you would be the first human being I have ever seen that said they thought the GTR was overly hyped. There are automotive journalists that still drool over the power and pull even after 7 years on the market. I drove one when I bought my F and it scared the **** out of me. So fast and so ruff. After 4 years in an LS460 I went with the F.

It probably all relative though. If you are used to crazy fast cars it may make it harder to WOW you .
Old 08-06-15, 11:43 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's like groundhog day in here. Every ISF owner goes to a GTR because you can't think outside the box. No wonder you all get so butt hurt when I knock the car you've been saving your whole life to get.
I love how you use personal attacks on all your responses.

I'm sorry you spent all your life saving up for a GTR and hate it so much you're willing to lose over $10-15k on depreciation and taxes by selling it off in 2 months. I hope you never find a buyer so you can be stuck with your GTR and cry to us some more about how its not fast enough
Old 08-06-15, 11:48 AM
abohler
Driver

I love how you use personal attacks on all your responses.

I'm sorry you spent all your life saving up for a GTR and hate it so much you're willing to lose over $10-15k on depreciation and taxes by selling it off in 2 months. I hope you never find a buyer so you can be stuck with your GTR and cry to us some more about how its not fast enough
Aww. I see someone is still hurt their car didn't make the fast and furious 7 cut.
Old 08-06-15, 11:53 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

This entire thread...

Old 08-06-15, 12:06 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL this guy

Yup can't think outside the box you got me.

Yup and saving my whole life for a GTR man you must know me.

Anyways take care
Old 08-06-15, 12:07 PM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Your first sentence said it all because the way you talk, you sound like someone who didn't earn the money to start with or someone who won't keep it very long. As for the GTR, a modified and tuned GTR is the only thing I have ever seen beat a 300hp Kawasaki H2R in the 1/2 mile and best both a Veyron and MP4-12C in the process. I have never seen another "streetable" car to do such a thing. Straight line or track (5th fastest at Nurburgring) it can get the job done. Overhyped? Not by a longshot.
Old 08-06-15, 12:12 PM
pat1
Driver School Candidate

I'll be the second person to say that they are over hyped. I don't get it it's a NISSAN @$90k with the maintance of a Ferrari. I just don't get it. It might be fast but it's a $90k Nissan. I would just rather spend it on a Porsche but that's me.

Quick Reply: I don't understand the hype around the GTR