IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF recall" Which dealership to go to? (List)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-15, 02:25 PM
Fsport416
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "ELF recall" Which dealership to go to? (List)

So...after reading all the bad experiences from the "ELF recall" I for one am very terrified of having it done. My car is working great with no issues...so far. I have been holding back on doing this recall since I started hearing about it on the forums. However, upon receiving my DMV registration renewal, it is clearly marked as something that has to be done before renewing. So much for holding it off. Anyway, maybe we should start a list of which dealerships to go to and which ones to avoid? Not all dealerships are created equal...unfortunately. So far I have heard good things about Lexus dealerships in the LA area but it would be nice know of the other ones. Hope this helps.

Something like this???

Name: (Longo Lexus)
Location/city: (El Monte)
Recommend: or

Comments (optional): (if you give them a "thumbs down" please explain briefly why)
Ex: They broke my harness or poor service, etc...
Old 07-13-15, 02:29 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Dealer: Magnessun
City: Fremont, CA
Recommend: No
Comments:
Even had previously gone over the sensitive loom protector, they assured me it was fine. Prior to picking up, I called to confirm that it was not damaged and the SA told me no. I picked up the car and found that it wasn't the case.

Also, they didn't re-attach my battery leads correctly causing my instrument cluster to go crazy. And they left a rusted razor blade in my engine bay. AND they over-filled my coolant.
Old 07-13-15, 03:42 PM
todd4566
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jum3
Dealer: Magnessun
City: Fremont, CA
Recommend: No
Comments:
Even had previously gone over the sensitive loom protector, they assured me it was fine. Prior to picking up, I called to confirm that it was not damaged and the SA told me no. I picked up the car and found that it wasn't the case.

Also, they didn't re-attach my battery leads correctly causing my instrument cluster to go crazy. And they left a rusted razor blade in my engine bay. AND they over-filled my coolant.

No bueno. I live in the bay area and definitely won't go there. Thinking of Pleasanton or Concord.
Old 07-13-15, 04:31 PM
Blzn335
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default "ELF recall" Which dealership to go to? (List)

Had mine done at Concord but I also pointed out harness protector and took pics and video with my Sa standing there before giving him the keys. Took my car in without engine cover so you can see it plain as day after they were done. SA nothing to worry about and they would not break the harness which they did but they replaced it. Took a week to get the part though. Overall satisfied with service.
Old 07-13-15, 05:11 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Name: Lexus of Mobile
Location/city: Mobile, AL
Recommend: If you're going to Mobile they are most likely your only option. They'll take care of you. Not perfect, but they made good on their mistake.

Comments: They broke the harness and left other indications of sloppy work. No CEL though and the car still feels as strong as before I brought it in. I did mention the problems others have had to the SA who assured me anything broken would be replaced. I was told I should be receiving a call from them but haven't received anything. I'm hoping I can just get the part sent to me as one other member did.

edit: Received a call today and they are sending me a new harness.

Last edited by Sean; 07-21-15 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-13-15, 06:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Blzn335
Had mine done at Concord but I also pointed out harness protector and took pics and video with my Sa standing there before giving him the keys. Took my car in without engine cover so you can see it plain as day after they were done. SA nothing to worry about and they would not break the harness which they did but they replaced it. Took a week to get the part though. Overall satisfied with service.
Good idea , Rich. Im going to take it in with the engine cover off and Im going to take pics. The wire harness braking is very very common. Happened to Davis too
Old 07-13-15, 06:38 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Mine was broken (99% sure it was done during the ELF recall)

My car is at the Lexus of Steven's Creek service center. Anyone think I'll have any luck (or have any tips) on convincing them to fix it even though another dealer did it?
Old 07-13-15, 07:23 PM
Fsport416
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Mine was broken (99% sure it was done during the ELF recall)

My car is at the Lexus of Steven's Creek service center. Anyone think I'll have any luck (or have any tips) on convincing them to fix it even though another dealer did it?
I would tell them that your not happy with the other dealership's work. Let them know your not satisfied. Maybe they could help you out.
Old 07-13-15, 07:26 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fsport416
I would tell them that your not happy with the other dealership's work. Let them know your not satisfied. Maybe they could help you out.
I did (nicely), and the service writer said he'd call me tomorrow after the tech looks at it to determine if it is safe or not, then let me know the cost
Old 07-13-15, 07:30 PM
Fsport416
Driver School Candidate

Great info guys. So far looks most of dealership reviews arent so good. Are there any that are good?
Old 07-14-15, 08:45 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Has anyone in Canada had this done yet? I received the notice for my ISF and IS250, but have not done anything about it yet. Ill likely use my 250 as the test mule. With all the reported issues with quality of service done on this recall, im hesitant to do it until i smell gasoline!
Old 07-14-15, 08:53 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
Has anyone in Canada had this done yet? I received the notice for my ISF and IS250, but have not done anything about it yet. Ill likely use my 250 as the test mule. With all the reported issues with quality of service done on this recall, im hesitant to do it until i smell gasoline!
Read this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...available.html

You will see some feedback on the Canadian dealerships that we went to
Old 07-14-15, 01:59 PM
Dubxl152
Driver School Candidate

Name: Lexus San Diego
Location/city: San Diego
Recommend: Did a great job and car runs strong. Before my appointment I took pictures of my engine bay and showed them to my SA. I also showed me him the elf thread with all the botched jobs \ broken harnesses etc. I got my car back within 2days with the work done and a new harness. no bs no runaround. My SA is named Chris Smith
Old 07-14-15, 04:00 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

^must be nice

Dealer quoted me $320 with labor to replace the plastic harness protector after the previous dealer wrapped it in duct tape when it broke during the ELF recall.

When I asked them to work with me since a dealer did this he dropped it to $300

Dafuq?
Old 07-14-15, 04:08 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Update, pic below. Stay away from Lexus of Chandler (Phoenix, Arizona) unless you want this to happen to your car

Steven's Creek is covering the labor to fix and all I need to buy is the plastic protector, it's more than they had to do so I'm definitely happy!

Last edited by lolfunxion; 07-21-15 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply: "ELF recall" Which dealership to go to? (List)