IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

TRS fog light retrofit for ISF fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-13, 04:21 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TRS fog light retrofit for ISF fog lights

I'm reporting this here because the lighting forum seems dead.

I'm running low on mods that I can do to my ISF and I've put off the lights till last in favor of finishing most of the performance part first.
On my IS250 and a few of my other cars I have used the DDM Tuning kits. My IS250 was non-hid car and I used the 35w DDM 5000k slim ballast kit in both the low beams and fogs. I was really happy with the color output but cutoff was nothing like my TSX which was to be expected.

Now it's time to get the ISF finished up and as tempting as it is to get a $50 kit to stuff in the fogs I think I want to do something a bit nicer. My goal is to stay with or close to the OEM 4300k since I like the clean white light and it gives good visibility. I have the rest of the car converted to LED including the 194 city lights in the 08' headlamps.
I want to replace the original Low Beam bulbs due to the left side not always firing on the first try, convert the fogs to HID with projectors and swap the DLRs to LED if I get enough light output out of the fogs to be comfortable with sacrificing my high beams.

I was looking at a TRS retro fit kit for the fogs and there D4S: MORIMOTO XENGREEN bulbs.
Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what retro kit would work in my fog light housing, a review on there XENGREEN bulbs, and a good quality DLR kit.

As for the headlamp projectors I am not going to make any changes there for the time being. I am still not sure if I want to keep the 08' housings or go with the 12' housings with the LEDs.
Old 08-29-13, 02:12 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is something I've put a lot of thought into and it's a great way to upgrade the lighting with our garbage projectors that come in the car. I think any conventional projector is going to be a pain to fit. The morimoto m1 projector is a solid performer and offers 90% the performance of a conventional projector. Check out this thread for ideas, and he is the guru ok retrofits and light output. Check out his page as well.

http://www.jvxdriver.com/jvx_links.htm
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=549988