IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mirror auto tilt-down in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 06:48 PM
foup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror auto tilt-down in reverse

It does not seem my mirrors are tilting anymore when in reverse. Has anyone experienced this problem on ISx50 or ISF? If so what was the cause? Everything else seems to work. Thanks for feedback.
Old 03-06-09, 06:52 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

move the adjust button to left or right side to reactivate it.
Old 03-06-09, 07:22 PM
foup
Driver

Originally Posted by DFLORES
move the adjust button to left or right side to reactivate it.
Thanks, I will try.
Old 03-07-09, 04:53 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems like everyone forgets this at one time or another. I suppose this is a "feature" that Lexus implemented on purpose. I'd have preferred the mirrors tilt down regardless of the position of the adjustment switch.
Old 03-07-09, 06:57 AM
FPR1939
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the advantages the way it is designed is that if you want to look higher when backing up then all you have to do is move the rocker switch from left or right to the middle and you can then see higher with the rear view mirrors. You are not limited to the down position when backing.

Pat
Old 03-07-09, 07:43 AM
YJacketISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by FPR1939
One of the advantages the way it is designed is that if you want to look higher when backing up then all you have to do is move the rocker switch from left or right to the middle and you can then see higher with the rear view mirrors. You are not limited to the down position when backing.

Pat
I would agree here, I'd rather have the option to do one or the other rather than be stuck with only one.
Old 03-07-09, 10:28 AM
ISFfan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
Seems like everyone forgets this at one time or another. I suppose this is a "feature" that Lexus implemented on purpose. I'd have preferred the mirrors tilt down regardless of the position of the adjustment switch.
I've forgotten about having to have the switch in the L or R position too. But i definitely like the idea that we have a choice between tilt-down or normal..
Old 03-07-09, 10:39 AM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Yes, I agree. My Infiniti M45 was the same and I wished both sides tilted down too regardless of switch position.

C.
Old 03-07-09, 11:20 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I love this feature, especially when backing into spots with a curb on one side When the mirror selector switch is on the left or right mirror, both will tilt when you reverse. When it is in the middle, neither will tilt
Old 03-07-09, 12:16 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
I love this feature, especially when backing into spots with a curb on one side When the mirror selector switch is on the left or right mirror, both will tilt when you reverse. When it is in the middle, neither will tilt
YOUR TOO LATE I ALREADY SAID THAT LOL!
Old 03-07-09, 01:44 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Read the manual would be a better alternative.

Old 03-07-09, 03:13 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL, I use the excuse that "it's not working properly" to go to the dealer and enjoy the snacks, other amenities, and the pretty women that seem to frequent that place. I know, I know, someone's bound to tell me to "Get a life" with a comment like this.
Old 03-07-09, 04:33 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

LOL, I use the excuse that "it's not working properly" to go to the dealer and enjoy the snacks, other amenities, and the pretty women that seem to frequent that place. I know, I know, someone's bound to tell me to "Get a life" with a comment like this.

No sounds like a plan!!! i need to get something looked at i forget all the hot women who go to them!
Old 03-10-09, 03:13 PM
1MAC
Driver School Candidate

When I was researching the Lexus line prior to purchasing, I found that the mirror control motors are one of the most frequent repairs. Because of that info, I leave my switch in the middle position unless I need the mirrors tilted down. Otherwise, the mirrors will tilt down and then back up every time you shift in and out of reverse. I would think that would make them wear out faster.
Old 03-10-09, 03:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Where did you find statistical information on Lexus repairs?

Quick Reply: Mirror auto tilt-down in reverse