IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Welcome to Club Lexus! IS C owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-16, 01:25 PM
Huan1996
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hello im Huan,

I just recently bought a 2012 IS350C with 21k miles!
1. obsidian
2.Navy w/ ML
3. Black on black
4. Second owner!
5. Sadly no PCS or radar
<br >

Im proud to be a new member!
Old 06-29-16, 03:35 PM
ACIS300
Driver School Candidate

Welcome to the club and nice ride man
Old 08-27-17, 07:45 AM
ksrob
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, I'm picking up my first Lexus this coming week. It is a 2011 IS250C in pearl white with a light grey interior. It looks to be fully optioned. I don't know if it has the ML sound. I'm coming out of a Porsche Cayman so while I'll be trading of the performance, I'll be gaining ease of entry and exit. I've had four cervical surgeries and a lumbar which make a low car uncomfortable getting in and out. The IS will be my daily driver until my wife takes it over. I'm looking at the forum posts and don't see a common problem with the cars. The dealer is refurbishing the leather on the seat, it showed more wear than I expected but if it looks good afterwards, I'll just need a ride to pick it up. Thank you for having this chance to research.
Old 08-28-17, 08:56 AM
twleblanc
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ksrob
Hi all, I'm picking up my first Lexus this coming week. It is a 2011 IS250C in pearl white with a light grey interior. It looks to be fully optioned. I don't know if it has the ML sound. I'm coming out of a Porsche Cayman so while I'll be trading of the performance, I'll be gaining ease of entry and exit. I've had four cervical surgeries and a lumbar which make a low car uncomfortable getting in and out. The IS will be my daily driver until my wife takes it over. I'm looking at the forum posts and don't see a common problem with the cars. The dealer is refurbishing the leather on the seat, it showed more wear than I expected but if it looks good afterwards, I'll just need a ride to pick it up. Thank you for having this chance to research.
Congrats! I got my 2010 IS350C three years ago this September and I haven't any problems with it to date. The most common thing is the leather on the seats. Mine were very rough when I purchased it but the treatment (a Bondo for leather) makes the seats look new when I picked it up. That is starting to wear off at this point but I really don't care as I enjoy driving it so much. Make sure any recalls have been addressed or plan to do so.
Old 11-30-17, 02:00 PM
Greginno
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi All- I just got a 2010 IS 350C FSport #48 of 100 with 50K miles and am loving it!.
Any others in Houston/Katy TX??
Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

1. Exterior Color - Black
2. Nav/ML or No Nav/ML - Nav with no ML
3. Interior color choice - Black with Blue stitching
4.Anything you want to mention 19 FPsort Rims and also have 2011 LS 460L
5. Pre-cr #48 of 100 Fsport ISC 350
2010 and very Clean Fsport ISC 350
2010 and very Clean
F Sport 48 of 100

6. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
7. If your INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)
Old 12-12-17, 09:22 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Very excited to get the ISC tomorrow. As you guys know (I searched my own post), and we have been making threads here and buying it since 2012. Life got in the way, etc, we bought other cars. But found a gem. We bought it last month, but it took almost a month to do a transport, as snowbirds are using all transport trucks.

It has 7,100 miles on it. So essentially new car. We have had many convertibles, and this is our 11th Lexus. We were looking for a convertible with back seat. We almost bought a C43 AMG, and looked at BMW 440 as well, but Lexus won out at the end. Even though interior/tech is old, we are excited about the rest of the car.

1. Exterior Color -MATADOR RED
2. Nav/ML or No Nav/ML -NAV/ML/LUXURY PACKAGE. Loaded
3. Interior color choice -ALBASTER
4.Anything you want to mention -1 Owner
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! IS C owner roll call &amp; member introduction thread, POST HERE-20171211_150721-3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! IS C owner roll call &amp; member introduction thread, POST HERE-isc1.jpg  

Last edited by ryanSC300lover; 12-13-17 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-03-18, 03:25 PM
FloridaVRs
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recently bought a $25,998 2013 IS250C F-Sport...with 29k miles, Certified Pre-Owned from Kuni Lexus in Denver, it is pristine and does not have any flaws save a few wheel curb scrapes. I think buying on a cold winter day saved me $$$.

1. Exterior Color - WHITE
2. Nav/ML or No Nav/ML -NAV/No ML
3. Interior color choice -Black Leather
4. Anything you want to mention -1 Owner, got the tint REMOVED (I'm old), and having the F-sport 18" wheels powder coated BMW Silver with clear coat next week by ColorWerks...
5. Sadly no ML Stereo...

It is supposedly a weak V-6 but sure does great in real world driving. Love the F-Sport steering effort and the suspension!! Sport seats are awesome also...

Great car with top down 66 degree weather today in Garden of the Gods : )

Last edited by FloridaVRs; 03-03-18 at 08:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
roblim (03-08-18)
Old 03-08-18, 05:38 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

2012 IS350c Matador Red/Alabaster
Mods: replace trunk bulb and fog light bulbs with LEDs; PPF on front bumper, side mirrors, door handles; 3M Crystalline 10% Tint; 2017 IS350 wheels (same size as OEM 18x8 and 18x8.5)

Last edited by roblim; 03-08-18 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-06-18, 09:20 PM
FloridaVRs
Driver School Candidate

Got my 18" F-Sport wheels done at ColorWerks in Denver, color is Prismatic Powders BMW Silver with ClearVision gloss coating. They take the whole car, do the wheels, and give back to you on the same day!! These guys are skilled.
Old 04-07-18, 08:03 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ColoIS250c
I think buying on a cold winter day saved me $$$.

mine only has 8,500 miles on it now after 4 months

similar to you I bought it during Christmas at the coldest place in USA and saved $5,000 compared to such low mileage cars on the west coast
Old 04-23-18, 09:40 AM
TNTorpedo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ghiaccio
My first Lexus; bought on impulse in fall of 2013. Loving it since.
Exterior: Starfire Pearl (white)
Interior: Light grey leather, drak grey maple
Posted pics! Go easy on me.

Just joined CL while looking for insights on 15K maintenance.
I know NOTHING about personally maintaining cars.
Moved to Vancouver, WA from Los Angeles, CA mid June 2015. Not sure about a convertible in this mostly wet state. I might only be able to use during the summer. Wish me luck!
I spent 6 months in Bremerton from Oct to Apr 95 driving a VW Cabriolet, you'll definitely need a leather jacket and a little determination but I had a hard rule that if the sun was shining and the mercury broke 40F the top was down. Of course the heater in that VW could warm a school bus, so...
Old 04-23-18, 10:04 AM
TNTorpedo
Driver School Candidate

Default Loving my new to me 2010 IS 350C!

Flew from Nashville to Newark 2 weeks ago to pick up my:

1. Matador red mica
2. Nav but no ML, heated / cooled seat, Luxury package, parking assist
3. Alabaster interior (fell in love with this combo the first time I saw it)
4. 18" alloys
5. Only firm plans now are to paint the brake calipers.
7. McMinnville, TN
Considered transporting the car, but I'm so glad I flew there and drove back. The drive through VA, NC & TN was amazing. Followed I26 down to Asheville, US 74 through the Smokies, US 129 "Tail of the Dragon" up to Athens, TN (Only successful armed revolt in US in the 20th century!). Then US 30 all the way to Mc Minnville. If you live in the eastern US and haven't made time to drive the roads of the Appalachian mountains you are so cheating yourself.

US 127 overlooking the Sequatchee valley

Tail of the Dragon US 129

Just off Northcutts Cove Rd
Old 04-23-18, 10:11 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TNTorpedo
Flew from Nashville to Newark 2 weeks ago to pick up my:

1. Matador red mica
2. Nav but no ML, heated / cooled seat, Luxury package, parking assist
3. Alabaster interior (fell in love with this combo the first time I saw it)
4. 18" alloys
5. Only firm plans now are to paint the brake calipers.
7. McMinnville, TN
Considered transporting the car, but I'm so glad I flew there and drove back. The drive through VA, NC & TN was amazing. Followed I26 down to Asheville, US 74 through the Smokies, US 129 "Tail of the Dragon" up to Athens, TN (Only successful armed revolt in US in the 20th century!). Then US 30 all the way to Mc Minnville. If you live in the eastern US and haven't made time to drive the roads of the Appalachian mountains you are so cheating yourself.

US 127 overlooking the Sequatchee valley

Tail of the Dragon US 129

Just off Northcutts Cove Rd
beautiful car

we do that drive yearly

it’s beautiful
Old 04-23-18, 04:25 PM
Dewdrop
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Love your car. I live in Johnson City, TN and get to drive those roads all the time. We have The Snake just East of us. I just bought a 2011 IS 250 C, White with no Nav and tan interior. Love the car so far and looking forward to driving the mountains as well.
Old 05-09-18, 08:10 AM
KNC01
Driver School Candidate

Default New Is 350 C Owner

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your IS C, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

1. Exterior Color
2. Nav/ML or No Nav/ML
3. Interior color choice
4.Anything you want to mention (options, others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
5. Pre-crash/or other options
6. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
7. If your INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from all of us at Club Lexus!
Hello, all;

I purchased a used 2014 IS 350C last summer, after looking for it for over a year. I needed to have lighter colored seats, as the summers are brutal here in the Carolinas, and I am quite fair, and would burn like a country chicken in a convertible with black seats! I purchased it and transported it from Eskridge Lexus in Oklahoma City (transfer fee was $800). It has 44 K miles on it now, and it came with a 2 year Lexus Certified warranty. I was able to purchase and extra 5 years with unlimited miles for around $4500, which is great for me, as I have ZERO mechanical skills, service at Lexus is expensive, and I figured there were a LOT of extra 'moving parts' with a hard top convertible! It has the Navigation system, Bluetooth, tinted windows, and is Nebula Grey Pearl with light grey seats. This is my third Lexus- I still have my 2011 Lexus RX 300, which has 170 K = miles on it, still going strong, that I need for my real estate signs and for extended road trips with my dog and cockatoo (they have a lot of 'stuff', and the trunk of the convertible in NO WAY stores all of our junk), lol. My question is this: is there a sun shield that can be purchase for the top front of the front windshield? I have seen a similar plastic (I think) shield on my ex boyfriend's Mercedes, which acted as a wind / sun shield, and on other cars... sometimes when the sun is beating down, it's hard to see unless you "granny gator' up to the wheel- the sun seems to shine down right in front of my face in my normal seated position, making it difficult to see. Does anyone know of a sun / wind shield available for a 2014 IS 350C? Thanks, everyone!

My 2014 IS 350C
The following users liked this post:
nzxyxy (11-18-23)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! IS C owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE