IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

What is the condition of the navi screen in your IS C?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-14, 11:20 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still under original warranty, but the TSB is what got it done, the tech thought it could be cleaned but my service writer told him about the tsb I had for them and when I picked it up today it has been changed along with the headlights again, the rear view mirror, the drivers side trunk door drive motor assy because of a hissing noise while opperating and a rattel inside the roof. All done under warranty.
Old 05-22-14, 04:37 AM
txjeff
Driver

Originally Posted by jgr7
I am still under original warranty, but the TSB is what got it done, the tech thought it could be cleaned but my service writer told him about the tsb I had for them and when I picked it up today it has been changed along with the headlights again, the rear view mirror, the drivers side trunk door drive motor assy because of a hissing noise while opperating and a rattel inside the roof. All done under warranty.
Ok. So you have a newer car that still falls under the full umbrella of the original warranty. Mine is a 2010 IS 350C, so the original warranty, apparently, is several months past it's prime (so I'm told by the selling dealer. Even though your work was inspired by the TSB, I'm guessing that the dealer also looked up the warranty and tied the two together to approve it.

I'm trying to see if anyone in my dilemma, a slightly older model, partly out of warranty, but the dealer replaced the NAV via TSB anyway. Apparently, depending on the definition of the TSIB, if it is not considered a safety issue, pressured from a governmental source, and it's a manufacture issued TSIB, it becomes a warranty type fix only, and becomes discretionary. The TSIB is issued to guide dealers in the uniformity of the repair, but does not impose pressure that it is mandatory regardless of warranty.

In either case, it is not a major issue. I just figured I would try to see if the dealer would bite and recognize that I've only bought the car a few months ago and know that they could have fixed it before they resold it when it was still under warranty, but they chose to ignore it and sell it as is. Caveat Emptore I guess.
Old 05-23-14, 07:26 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by txjeff
Ok. So you have a newer car that still falls under the full umbrella of the original warranty. Mine is a 2010 IS 350C, so the original warranty, apparently, is several months past it's prime (so I'm told by the selling dealer. Even though your work was inspired by the TSB, I'm guessing that the dealer also looked up the warranty and tied the two together to approve it.

I'm trying to see if anyone in my dilemma, a slightly older model, partly out of warranty, but the dealer replaced the NAV via TSB anyway. Apparently, depending on the definition of the TSIB, if it is not considered a safety issue, pressured from a governmental source, and it's a manufacture issued TSIB, it becomes a warranty type fix only, and becomes discretionary. The TSIB is issued to guide dealers in the uniformity of the repair, but does not impose pressure that it is mandatory regardless of warranty.

In either case, it is not a major issue. I just figured I would try to see if the dealer would bite and recognize that I've only bought the car a few months ago and know that they could have fixed it before they resold it when it was still under warranty, but they chose to ignore it and sell it as is. Caveat Emptore I guess.
See if you can contack member jgbackes I think he had an older one that got replaced, not sure on his warranty status at the time.
Old 05-23-14, 10:40 AM
txjeff
Driver

Ok. Thanks