Carbon Fiber Interior COVERS!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-17, 09:52 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Interior COVERS!?

Hey guys,

I found a seller on eBay that sells "REAL" interior CF pieces that basically covers/lay on top of OEM trim pieces. It states no tools needed, just 3M tape to install.

http://stores.ebay.com/gaugetuner/IS...=p4634.c0.m322

Heres the listing for all the pieces for our IS. I'm really interested in the door panels, glove box panel, and arm rest pieces.

Wondering if anyone had experience with these products. Inputs?
Old 03-11-17, 03:59 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Looks good and tempting, though adds up quickly. Around ~1K for the entire interior set, but you gotta pay to play.

I thought I saw someone with kit this on social media but not sure if it was CL.

Thanks for posting.
Old 03-11-17, 10:22 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Pricey yeah. But the seller is willing to discount if you buy more. With the 3 items I listed that I wanted, he gave me a 10% discount. Still $500 tho...

On a side note, I just bought this... http://m.ebay.com/itm/152304322112?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e12061.m43.l3160/7?euid=a72e5782d0364af99b80df553eea841b&bu=44297485443

Same deal. It covers oem trim on the shift **** lol
Old 03-11-17, 01:41 PM
SwiftIS
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks pretty cool. I wonder what the fitment is like.
Old 03-11-17, 02:57 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SwiftIS
Looks pretty cool. I wonder what the fitment is like.

I'll update the thread once the CF shift **** cover gets delivered. In a bout a week.

From the pics, the fitment looks pretty spot on. But who knows...
Old 03-11-17, 09:41 PM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking Well just as a suggestion ......

I was one of the first people to have all of these parts in carbon fiber( check out my build thread) just because they weren't actually available when I wanted them so I did everyone of these parts IN 5D carbon fiber wrap ..... The stuff is absolutely amazing and looks identical to real carbon fiber you cannot tell the difference !!!! I bought a huge role of the stuff on eBay for only around $50 and wrapped everything shown here in this op post... everyone of these parts ...I had a local wrap company do it for me.... I am pretty handy but I just wanted to seek out professional because I wanted the stuff to look spot on so it was worth it to me to pay somebody to do it .... however I took all of the parts off and did all of the disassembly myself to save money( it was a little bit tedious and took a couple hours to get everything off) then I brought the parts to wrap guy he did it in one day and it only cost me $60 bucks then I put everything back together and it looks fantastic .... just a thought to save you some money if you want to spend a little time and do some disassembly it will save you quite a bit of money if that's the case I would recommend that you go ahead and buy this carbon fiber wrap and you will be very satisfied I guarantee it!!!!
#settingtrends
Old 03-11-17, 10:02 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ray20213
I was one of the first people to have all of these parts in carbon fiber( check out my build thread) just because they weren't actually available when I wanted them so I did everyone of these parts IN 5D carbon fiber wrap ..... The stuff is absolutely amazing and looks identical to real carbon fiber you cannot tell the difference !!!! I bought a huge role of the stuff on eBay for only around $50 and wrapped everything shown here in this op post... everyone of these parts ...I had a local wrap company do it for me.... I am pretty handy but I just wanted to seek out professional because I wanted the stuff to look spot on so it was worth it to me to pay somebody to do it .... however I took all of the parts off and did all of the disassembly myself to save money( it was a little bit tedious and took a couple hours to get everything off) then I brought the parts to wrap guy he did it in one day and it only cost me $60 bucks then I put everything back together and it looks fantastic .... just a thought to save you some money if you want to spend a little time and do some disassembly it will save you quite a bit of money if that's the case I would recommend that you go ahead and buy this carbon fiber wrap and you will be very satisfied I guarantee it!!!!
#settingtrends

I saw the pics on your build thread. Gotta admit, looks pretty real lol.

Which part CA are you from? Hook it up with your wrap guy lol
Old 03-12-17, 09:17 AM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Smile Southern ca.

Originally Posted by nathantse
I saw the pics on your build thread. Gotta admit, looks pretty real lol.

Which part CA are you from? Hook it up with your wrap guy lol
I live in the inland empire (riverside) i have a couple guys i can recomend to u but the guy who actually did the work for me is in riversisde PM me your phone number and i can send u his info and more detailed pics if you want.
Old 03-12-17, 03:27 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

I live in the inland empire (riverside) i have a couple guys i can recomend to u but the guy who actually did the work for me is in riversisde PM me your phone number and i can send u his info and more detailed pics if you want.
Dang I'm in Norcal. Guess I'll look into shops around me that can do the work.

Did you happen to know the link for the CF wrap you used?
Old 03-12-17, 05:22 PM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Cool Here u go.....

Dang I'm in Norcal. Guess I'll look into shops around me that can do the work.

Did you happen to know the link for the CF wrap you used?
too bad u dont live closer I got a ton of it left over.....i ordered waaay too much LOL....but anyways heres where i bought mine it was quite a while ago though...http://m.ebay.com/itm/3D-4D-5D-High-...316?nav=SEARCH
I honestly wouldnt recomend you work with this stuff on your own... I definitely recommend and professional installer for this Vinyl it's pretty tough stuff to work with because of its thickness it needs an experienced installer for it to come out right IMO.
but looks amazing when done right.good luck
Old 03-12-17, 05:26 PM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Cool Oh yea

and by the way dont bother trying to use this stuff on any exterior parts😎 It looks great but does not last at all in the elements/ car washes ETC. I wrapped my trunk and hood in it and it only lasted 2 weeks then started discoloring and cracking so i had to remove it ...but it does just fine on the INTERIOR parts I had it on for several months now ...not one singal issue!
Old 03-12-17, 05:30 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

too bad u dont live closer I got a ton of it left over.....i ordered waaay too much LOL....but anyways heres where i bought mine it was quite a while ago though...http://m.ebay.com/itm/3D-4D-5D-High-...316?nav=SEARCH
I honestly wouldnt recomend you work with this stuff on your own... I definitely recommend and professional installer for this Vinyl it's pretty tough stuff to work with because of its thickness it needs an experienced installer for it to come out right IMO.
but looks amazing when done right.good luck

The 5D option has two choices.. "Gloss 3D CF Pattern Black", or "Gloss 4D CF Pattern Black". Whats the differences there?
Old 03-12-17, 05:58 PM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Exclamation

The 5D option has two choices.. "Gloss 3D CF Pattern Black", or "Gloss 4D CF Pattern Black". Whats the differences there?
as you go up in number 3-4-5... its a more (realistic glossy) look to carbin fiber...they have slowly improved this product over the years...hence the different number options...it also goes towards the thickness of the product....i have owned the 3 and the 4 in the past and its been fine but the 5D is what i have now and is the most realistic look thus far.
Old 03-12-17, 06:06 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

as you go up in number 3-4-5... its a more (realistic glossy) look to carbin fiber...they have slowly improved this product over the years...hence the different number options...it also goes towards the thickness of the product....i have owned the 3 and the 4 in the past and its been fine but the 5D is what i have now and is the most realistic look thus far.
Soo. I should be getting "5D Gloss 4D CF Pattern Black"?

When wrapping, is it possible to do it without having to take apart the trim?

I know the door panels can be taken off, but what about the rubber arm rest?
Old 03-12-17, 07:17 PM
Ray20213
Lead Lap

Talking

Soo. I should be getting "5D Gloss 4D CF Pattern Black"?

When wrapping, is it possible to do it without having to take apart the trim?

I know the door panels can be taken off, but what about the rubber arm rest?
NOOOOOO! There are several you tube vids on how to disassemble it but basically u can use "pop up" the window control panels using a interior remover tool then u unplug the switches and take the screws apart off of the drivers door window switch only . The other ones just pop a part ....the kick panels just pop out using the tool and you have to do some work to get the center console apart .....i would not recomend trying to wrap these parts while on the car if you wanted to look right you have to disassemble everything .....otherwise in my opinion it will just come out half ***.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Interior COVERS!?