IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Maybe Lexus can beat BMW as well!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-14, 09:48 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Obviously the RX is their highest selling vehicle right? So a new RX should definitely pull sales up. Of course. The new NX and RC will be popular too
Old 03-13-14, 12:04 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
I totally agree with you. A6 is a piece of art. The qwuality is top notch. I am very tempted but it'll be a strach to afford it now. I'm waiting for the price to go down a bit. I could affor 2.0T but I hate that engine. It shouldn;t be on that class.
Why you sold yours?
Audi of America bought it back because my A6 turned out to be a lemon. Now many people here have this stereotypical opinion that most Audis are not reliable and it is no wonder I had a lemon.
I was a very active forum member at audiworld and most owners there are absolutely delighted with their cars. The consumer report listed A6 as the most reliable mid size luxury car in 2013. I know there is plenty of controversy here as many of you would say GS would top A6 in reliability department and you maybe right. The one thing that I can say that the powertrain in A6 is fantastic, silky smooth surge of instant power. Craftsmanship is top notch in all Audis. The glitches that I had were mostly related to electronics (e.g. back up camera, MMI freeze etc). No mechanical problems whatsoever.

Now I just wanted to comment about DRLs and turn signal issue as there is a little misunderstanding going on. The reason why DRLs turn off when turn signal is on IS NOT because of the lack of power but because it is designed this way. DRLs LEDs physically overlap with turn signal LEDs and they have different colors. So basically they are placed on the same LED strip and by design they cannot function at the same time (nor should they as this might seem a bit confusing to on coming traffic) but not by the lack of power. This is only true on the Audis that have DRLs and turn signal LEDs physically overlap.

Last edited by salvadorik; 03-13-14 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-13-14, 12:25 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Audi of America bought it back because my A6 turned out to be a lemon. Now many people here have this stereotypical opinion that most Audis are not reliable and it is no wonder I had a lemon.
I was a very active forum member at audiworld and most owners there are absolutely delighted with their cars. The consumer report listed A6 as the most reliable mid size luxury car in 2013. I know there is plenty of controversy here as many of you would say GS would top A6 in reliability department and you maybe right. The one thing that I can say that the powertrain in A6 is fantastic, silky smooth surge of instant power. Craftsmanship is top notch in all Audis. The glitches that I had were mostly related to electronics (e.g. back up camera, MMI freeze etc). No mechanical problems whatsoever.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I appreciate it.,
Old 03-14-14, 01:09 AM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik

Now I just wanted to comment about DRLs and turn signal issue as there is a little misunderstanding going on. The reason why DRLs turn off when turn signal is on IS NOT because of the lack of power but because it is designed this way. DRLs LEDs physically overlap with turn signal LEDs and they have different colors. So basically they are placed on the same LED strip and by design they cannot function at the same time (nor should they as this might seem a bit confusing to on coming traffic) but not by the lack of power. This is only true on the Audis that have DRLs and turn signal LEDs physically overlap.
I would have always preferred an Audi over BMW but can tell you that with 100% certainty, you are NOT alone on your Audi issues.

My brother had an A4 and then an A6, and he had nothing but issues with the coil resistor packs and cat convertors on both models.

For one, the coil packs keep breaking, one after another and the dealership made him tow his car in each time the check engine light came on. It is beyond me why they didn't just replace them al.

Secondly, and I forget which model is what for but he kept having to replace cat convertor after convertor. I came to learn that his car had SEVEN of them. WYF? lol