IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Weather Tech FloorLiner DigitalFit

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-14, 11:59 AM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weather Tech FloorLiner DigitalFit

Any of you folks know if the 2013 IS250 RWD will fit on the 2014 IS250 RWD Fsport?
http://www.weathertech.com/lexus/201...an/awd-y-n/no/
Old 01-28-14, 01:53 PM
phungy
Driver

I got these:
Amazon.com: WeatherTech Custom Fit Front and Rear AVM (Black): Automotive Amazon.com: WeatherTech Custom Fit Front and Rear AVM (Black): Automotive

Just snip to fit. I'm pretty happy with them.
Old 01-31-14, 06:45 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by phungy
I got these:Amazon.com: WeatherTech Custom Fit Front and Rear AVM (Black): Automotive

Just snip to fit. I'm pretty happy with them.
It is a shame for weather tech not to include a dedicated all weather mat for the IS. They have the FloorLiner DigitalFit for AWD version of IS though.

Plungy, I wonder after trimming the one you have, is it possible to cover the foot rest area (left) for the driver's side? And how deep is the grooves when compared to the standard US-spec rubber mat?

Mind showing some pictures?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-14, 09:28 AM
phungy
Driver

AndyL, I took a quick photo. Hope that helps. If you need more I can post later. The mat slides about an inch forward whenever I get in and out of the car so that's why the gas pedal is slightly covered. Other than that it's almost a perfect fit after minor trimming.
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech  FloorLiner DigitalFit-2014-01-31-09.49.37.jpg  
Old 01-31-14, 06:47 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

AndyL, I took a quick photo. Hope that helps. If you need more I can post later. The mat slides about an inch forward whenever I get in and out of the car so that's why the gas pedal is slightly covered. Other than that it's almost a perfect fit after minor trimming.
Thanks for the picture. A picture is really worth a thousand words! For the foot rest, it look like the mat is not following the contour of the foot rest because of the rest of the pattern of the mat?
Old 02-01-14, 07:34 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just get factory all season mats for 3IS?
Old 02-01-14, 01:18 PM
phungy
Driver

Originally Posted by AndyL
Thanks for the picture. A picture is really worth a thousand words! For the foot rest, it look like the mat is not following the contour of the foot rest because of the rest of the pattern of the mat?
Hm, not quite sure if I'm following what you're asking. I'll upload a pic of the mat outside of the car.

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Why not just get factory all season mats for 3IS?
Only bc OEM was like $108 on Sewell, more than 2x the WeatherTech. I know, I know, I already spent so much on the car already but so far no complaints with the WeatherTechs.
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech  FloorLiner DigitalFit-2014-02-01-15.22.26.jpg  

Last edited by phungy; 02-01-14 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-01-14, 03:23 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Hm, not quite sure if I'm following what you're asking. I'll upload a pic of the mat outside of the car.

Only bc OEM was like $108 on Sewell, more than 2x the WeatherTech. I know, I know, I already spent so much on the car already but so far no complaints with the WeatherTechs.
Hi Phungy,

Thanks for posting an extra picture again. Now thing starts to make sense to me. I believe you have put the mat on the wrong side. The one you showed should be on the passenger side. Sometimes the shape of the mat is a bit confusing.

http://www.weathertech.com/all-vehicle-mats-avm/

Then there is a chance the foot rest gets covered properly if you use the mat on the proper side. Let me know..
Old 02-01-14, 03:43 PM
phungy
Driver

Aw F....you're right lol. Sighs. Thanks for that, I fixed it. Thanks AndyL
Old 02-01-14, 03:46 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Aw F....you're right lol. Sighs. Thanks for that, I fixed it. Thanks AndyL
No problem. You are welcome. It would be great if you could pose the right driver's mat. I would be interested to know how much it covers the foot rest area.
Old 02-01-14, 05:19 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Were you seeing the Club Lexus discounted price? I got below for ~$80. For the price of the Lexus accessories pack that included floor mats, cargo net and wheel locks, I got all those and all season mats from Sewell too.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6273.html

Looks like they added another style for RWD and it's little more @ ~$90.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/5180.html

Best thing about the Lexus floor mats is, it comes with those holes to lock it in place so it'll not move around!
Old 02-01-14, 10:18 PM
phungy
Driver

Originally Posted by AndyL
No problem. You are welcome. It would be great if you could pose the right driver's mat. I would be interested to know how much it covers the foot rest area.
I haven't trimmed yet. Not sure if I want that foot rest (left) trimmed/exposed or covered.
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech  FloorLiner DigitalFit-2014-02-02-00.09.08.jpg   Weather Tech  FloorLiner DigitalFit-2014-02-02-00.09.15.jpg  
Old 02-01-14, 10:20 PM
phungy
Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Were you seeing the Club Lexus discounted price? I got below for ~$80. For the price of the Lexus accessories pack that included floor mats, cargo net and wheel locks, I got all those and all season mats from Sewell too.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6273.html

Looks like they added another style for RWD and it's little more @ ~$90.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/5180.html

Best thing about the Lexus floor mats is, it comes with those holes to lock it in place so it'll not move around!
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm digging the 4-pc RWD All-Weather mats over the first link.
Old 02-02-14, 05:43 AM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

No offense intended but if this was my car I'd hurry and trim this driver's side mat properly. The way it is situated is dangerous and could easily cause an issue with your accelerator. Also, if it continued to slip forward each time I got into the car I'd find a way to secure it to the carpet somehow.

Ultimately, I'd just get the Lexus All Weather mats since they can be secured to the floor with the stock anchors and you will not have issues with them potentially getting stuck in your brake and accelerator pedals.

I haven't trimmed yet. Not sure if I want that foot rest (left) trimmed/exposed or covered.
Old 02-02-14, 08:13 AM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I know i m going to get flamed for saying this. You buy a 45k car but can't buy or afford $90 Lexus mats.

Quick Reply: Weather Tech FloorLiner DigitalFit