Help: Canadian Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-16, 12:08 AM
Grizsk
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Help: Canadian Air Suspension

Hey all,

I'm working on sourcing my complete AirLift 3H system but I live in BC and the vast majority of suppliers ship out of the US. Take the retail price in USD, add international freight, duties & taxes, installation, convert to CAD and you're looking at upwards of 10k for a job well done.

I've found what appear to be the only 2 reputable AirLift suppliers that ship out of Canada, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these companies?

Lowriders
AirAssisted

Both carry everything I need, Lowriders is a few hours from me but it looks like AirAssisted is in the Toronto area. Lowriders will beat any price I hit them with, so I'm looking for a particularly good deal. If anyone has any input on these two companies, knows of any others, or can get me a fire deal on some AirLift please let me know!
Old 10-16-16, 02:46 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You should really try and get in touch with BagBarn.. they are now located in BC (formerly in AB where I am)... they'll help you out and most likely will set you up a Canadian bag/strut company called Airdynamiks or something like that, with an accuser e-level setup. I almost went with that because of how tragic our roads are but i decided to remain static
Old 10-16-16, 03:13 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Thanks for the tip! I didn't come across BagBarn in my travels, most likely because their site is down atm.

I looked into the Air Dynamiks stuff and I have to say it does appear to be high quality. Most likely european from what I can see, they do mostly Audi, VW, Porsche projects.

I'm looking at AirLift in particular because they offer a bolt on solution for the 2IS and I prefer not to do any modification.

Care to elaborate more on your decision to remain static? I'm pretty low right now and I'm tired of dealing with all the stress and detouring so I decided to go with air. It will be daily driven in Victoria where I haven't seen snow in almost 3 years, the roads are generally a treat to drive on too. When I spoke to Lowriders the gent actually tried to convince me not to air my DD because of our climate and the 'general problems' that come along with air suspension like alignment issues and tire wear. I'm hearing a lot of "don't do it" but not many words of encouragement. I'm curious to know if there are any other bagged Lexus around BC.
Old 10-16-16, 03:57 PM
davidma415
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizsk
Thanks for the tip! I didn't come across BagBarn in my travels, most likely because their site is down atm.

I looked into the Air Dynamiks stuff and I have to say it does appear to be high quality. Most likely european from what I can see, they do mostly Audi, VW, Porsche projects.

I'm looking at AirLift in particular because they offer a bolt on solution for the 2IS and I prefer not to do any modification.

Care to elaborate more on your decision to remain static? I'm pretty low right now and I'm tired of dealing with all the stress and detouring so I decided to go with air. It will be daily driven in Victoria where I haven't seen snow in almost 3 years, the roads are generally a treat to drive on too. When I spoke to Lowriders the gent actually tried to convince me not to air my DD because of our climate and the 'general problems' that come along with air suspension like alignment issues and tire wear. I'm hearing a lot of "don't do it" but not many words of encouragement. I'm curious to know if there are any other bagged Lexus around BC.
I'm in Calgary and the roads are meh but air has been great so far. No issues with mine. I actually did go through Bag Barn (didn't have the greatest experience, but the price was fair). I got my Accuair set up through them and was going to get Air Dynamiks but after 6+ months of waiting, they never gave me any struts. Repeatedly had "issues" with them not fitting properly or some BS. I did eventually go with K-Sport struts through RavSpec in the USA which also offered a very fair price. From what I've heard, the Air Dynamiks struts don't have dampening adjustment which I feel like helps immensely. The car was pretty bouncy at stock height but after I adjusted the dampening it rode fine at that height + lowered. I'm not wintering my car so I can't give you any info on the climate, but air has treated me fine so far.

_DSC8342-1 by dmaaa, on Flickr
Old 10-16-16, 04:10 PM
Grizsk
Driver

^^Do you mind PMing what you paid for your setup?

I'd definitely like to keep my purchase in Canada and have seen a few less than stellar reviews on BagBarn.

Thanks for the input, glad you're having no issues!
Old 10-17-16, 12:41 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hello
We have the ability to ship these products tax free on most occasions or invoiced at a much lower dollar amount.
1-855-998-8726
Old 10-17-16, 01:12 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Grizsk: adding to what David said, I would have to say that I too have heard some not-so-good things about Air Dynamiks, but for those that have gotten them, they seem to hold up quite well - though fine tuning adjustment may be absent.

With regards to BagBarn: Steve is extremely knowledgable on the subject, but they are VERY VERY busy as they are quite popular with a lot of builds, so response time can be a problem -- they have also been planning their move from Camrose, AB to BC over the last year and a half which may factor into response as its only him and his wife and a few other guys running the place.

The roads in Edmonton are crap (I like Calgary's a lot better) but my reason for static was simply reliability. Yes bags are much better than they used to be, but for now, this is my daily driver and does see winter. the last thing I need is having a leak after coming out of the arena when its -30 (Celsius) outside in the middle of January at night.

I still have to raise up my coils and put my winter wheels on, but for the summer, I plan for extra time, avoid certain roads and even stick to certain lanes on certain roads to save my car from the ground.

Next summer, when I hope to pick up a new DD, my IS will become a garage queen and won't see winter ---> and may see bags at that time.

TL;DR: reliability is important for me while this is a DD (less risk). Bags may come into play if/when I pick up another car.

Last edited by Nixcision; 10-17-16 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-01-16, 05:49 PM
ayeleek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is not found either now