IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Flyaudio Install In PA

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-12, 05:43 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyaudio Install In PA

I was wondering if anyone has had a flyaudio unit installed in PA? I am about to purchase one and I want to find out an estimated installation cost. I live outside of Philadelphia PA and want top get the unit installed with the back up camera. If anyone has had their flyaduio installed could you please let me know the cost. Also if anyone can reccommend any shops or people that have experience with these units, I am willing to pay because I am not really electronic inclinded. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Joey
Old 01-10-12, 06:41 AM
bjp202
Driver School Candidate

I live right outside philly and purchased the flyaudio unit about 6 months ago. I have some background with installing audio systems in cars so I installed it myself with the help of a friend (a 2nd set of hands was really needed). I still have the backup camera in the box....have been slacking with getting it installed because it came a few weeks after I got the unit and I've been too lazy to remove the whole unit again and run the wires to the back.

Overall it took about 2 hours to remove the stock unit and install the new unit plus run some cables to the glove box.

They don't really provide any installation instructions but there is a thread on here somewhere with a walkthrough with pictures of how to do everything, which is what I used.

It is not that difficult to get the unit installed but if you do try to do it yourself, I would recommend having a friend help out with holding the unit while cables are connected.

The backup camera, you may need some professional help if you got one that requires to drill a hole.

Not sure exactly where you are located but I live in Delaware County (Springfield) and know of a couple install shops in the area.

SoundWaves in Prospect Park is very good but I have no idea how much they would charge.

http://www.s-waves.com/aboutus.aspx
Old 01-12-12, 08:33 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Bjp202 thanks for the info. I actually am from Delaware County too (Drexel Hill) and soundwaves did the install in my previous M3. They do really good work, I just wasn't sure if stereo shops frown upon bringing in a unit for them to install, since they are not making money off the unit itself. Thanks again for the help!
Old 05-18-12, 05:22 AM
Tyshawn
Driver School Candidate

Did you have any issues where the unit did not power on after the install?
Old 05-18-12, 06:06 AM
joeykool
Driver School Candidate

Tyshawn I had mine professionally installed so I'm not sure about the powering on. I know they ran into problem after problem with the aribag light due to the harness. Sorry I can't be a bigger help. Maybe if you post in the large Flyaudio thread someone will be able to help. Best of luck!