IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ASL and Speed indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-08, 07:22 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ASL and Speed indicator?

does anyone notice the asl (adaptive sound level) work on thier radio i understands it suppose to get louder when u drive but i never notice it getting on the highway i have to turn my radio up myself anyone got it to work? and yes i have it turned on.

and the speed indicator on the dash is there anyway to have it beep at u when u go over your set speed instead of the orange light coming on i mean i drive looking at the road not the dash so how would i know im going over the speed i want. i wish it beeps so when my wife drives too fast it annoys her to slow down. dont want her in no accident
Old 04-30-08, 09:14 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0723
does anyone notice the asl (adaptive sound level) work on thier radio i understands it suppose to get louder when u drive but i never notice it getting on the highway i have to turn my radio up myself anyone got it to work? and yes i have it turned on.

and the speed indicator on the dash is there anyway to have it beep at u when u go over your set speed instead of the orange light coming on i mean i drive looking at the road not the dash so how would i know im going over the speed i want. i wish it beeps so when my wife drives too fast it annoys her to slow down. dont want her in no accident
The ASL depends on how loud you listen you your music from what other members have gathered. I personally do not see any change but I have it turned up past 40 all the time...Try it when the volume is lower and there is another thread about it with more detailed info. I would search for it.

The speed indicator I do not believe that you can have any sound when its activated. If you can I am unaware of this feature.
Old 04-30-08, 09:24 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I've been told that it works based on the noise level in the vehicle but I have my doubts about that. In my car it seems when I reach 40 mph the volume increases by 10. I do listen at a loud volume (40 is average).

Koz
Old 04-30-08, 09:28 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koz
I've been told that it works based on the noise level in the vehicle but I have my doubts about that. In my car it seems when I reach 40 mph the volume increases by 10. I do listen at a loud volume (40 is average).

Koz
So you actually hear it past 40?? Mine is on and not once have I heard it do anything. I read that you notice it at lower volumes more then when its turned up. I guess I need to play with it more.
Old 04-30-08, 09:38 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

it works but dont expect anything like the American cars.......
Old 04-30-08, 09:39 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0723

I dont think LEXUS will have that nanny feature......
Old 04-30-08, 09:47 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Sometimes it increases the volume to where I have to turn it down.

Koz
Old 04-30-08, 09:50 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kickin8
I dont think LEXUS will have that nanny feature......
NIIICE!!! I was hoping for a radio interruption feature that states, "You Betta Slow This Thing Down!!!"
Old 04-30-08, 10:02 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I notice my ASL working everytime I go over 65mph. It sometimes adjusts sooo high that I have to turn the volume down manually. Not a big deal, it is what it is.
There is no beep that I'm aware of on my car, for the speed warning indicator system, just the color changing from green, orange, and red.
Old 04-30-08, 10:07 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I must have a hearing problem from all the loud music
Old 04-30-08, 10:19 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can detect a slight fluctuation, but that all went away with the HKS Hi-power

As for the beep - crap that would drive me insane. And no it doesn't do that.
Old 05-01-08, 08:06 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

why do people think the beep would drive them crazy lol only if u go to the speed u dont want to go over. thats all i want it for i rather it beep then turn color i dont look at the dash how would i know if im over 85 if i set it at that i dont want to take my eyes off the road people drive crazy cut you off slam brakes
Old 05-01-08, 01:32 PM
nn432100
Lead Lap

I think I had the ASL feature in this grand prix I had as a rental. It was very obvious if u stepped on the gas hard and was very annoying cause it was like someone blasting the volume. I like that the ASL in the lexus is subtle.
Old 05-01-08, 02:12 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
I notice my ASL working everytime I go over 65mph. It sometimes adjusts sooo high that I have to turn the volume down manually. Not a big deal, it is what it is.
There is no beep that I'm aware of on my car, for the speed warning indicator system, just the color changing from green, orange, and red.
your jk right? there is no green!

i also do not notice the ASL working.
Old 05-01-08, 06:13 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

i already drive with my radio cranked up so i never noticed it working in the first place...lol

Quick Reply: ASL and Speed indicator?