IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CD player failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 10:29 AM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player failure

My first official problem - CD player will not play, nor eject any of the (6) CD's that are in the player. (3) are burnt CD-Rs (no labels), (3) are commercial CDs. It's been playing these CD's just fine since November when I got the car. Then all of a sudden, this past Friday, just doesnt work. It knows the CD's are in there, but when I try to play, it just blinks "Disc 2" or whatever disc it is for a good minute, then just gives up. Same deal with Eject. Took it in this morning and they verified that they have to order a new unit...supposed to arrive at the dealer in 3 or 4 days.

As an aside - got a 250 as a loaner (BWB w/ sterling interior). Immediately engaged ECT PWR, but, man, when your are used to driving the 350, the 250 just doen't cut it
Old 07-10-06, 10:57 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, that sucks. I hope it doesn't become a common problem. Esp since alot of people is doing nav hacks.
Old 07-10-06, 04:05 PM
RNelson
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a simular problem with my ML CD unit. It just stopped mid song. Then it would not play anything. I tried all of the CDs (all store bought) and none would play. I kept getting an error notice.

Then a day later it just started working again. it has been working fine for about two weeks.

Then today it just stoped playing again and it said check CD. I tried another CD and it worked? Maybe that was due to a scratch?

I didn't try to eject so I don't know if that works.

Tell us what the dealer says when you take it in. I want to do the NAV hack on mine but with my luck something will go wrong and the dealer will blame the NAV hack.
Old 07-10-06, 07:35 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

I had a similar problem last week...none of my disks would eject and it just sound like it's cycling through for about 30 seconds and then just give up.

I did a search on this site and found others who had similar problems; theirs being due to thicker disks (DVD's, MP3-CD's, etc.) getting stuck in the opening.

Lo and behold, I looked in my caddy opening, and a DVD was stuck in there, just protruding out a slight bit. I used a pair of tweezers and pulled it out. Never had a problem since...

I was freaking out, because it was a little after I did the Nav hack and I thought it was related. I was afraid I would have to bring it in and get warranty service on it, and they would find out I did the hack and it would be voided...

Anyway, that was my issue, and it's not happened since...

HTH,

Ed
Old 07-30-06, 11:17 PM
my666gs4
Rookie

i am having the smae problem now! My cd player was working fine about 2 hours ago, then it just stopped playing, cds wont play, wont eject the 6 disc cd cartrige, and when i hit the cd button i get a error 4 that appers, the tape deck and the radio work just fine, im gonna try seeing if its jammed in the morn, but im still geting really pissy about it!!
Old 07-30-06, 11:34 PM
paeko73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Foxberry
My first official problem - CD player will not play, nor eject any of the (6) CD's that are in the player. (3) are burnt CD-Rs (no labels), (3) are commercial CDs. It's been playing these CD's just fine since November when I got the car. Then all of a sudden, this past Friday, just doesnt work. It knows the CD's are in there, but when I try to play, it just blinks "Disc 2" or whatever disc it is for a good minute, then just gives up. Same deal with Eject. Took it in this morning and they verified that they have to order a new unit...supposed to arrive at the dealer in 3 or 4 days.

As an aside - got a 250 as a loaner (BWB w/ sterling interior). Immediately engaged ECT PWR, but, man, when your are used to driving the 350, the 250 just doen't cut it
Hey Braddah! Since you were comparing the "cut" between the 250 and the 350, use the next 3 or 4 days to compare the gas mileage too. By the way, you were lucky to get a loaner for CD problem like that. The dealership here would have told you, "Hey Braddah, when the thing comes in, we'll call you for bring your car back.. bye bye for now!"