IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Who Got...(free fill-up with their Seat Belt Recall service?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 11:48 AM
jiggyman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Got...(free fill-up with their Seat Belt Recall service?)

The free fill-up with their Seat Belt Recall service? I remember a few members at CL saying that when they went in to get it done, they were nicely compensated with a tank of gas. With gas prices as they are I was actually looking forward to this, but I got my seat belt recall service done last weekend and got my car back with the same amount in the tank. I even inquired about it with the service manager and he said he had heard nothing about it. Just wondering...
Thanks.
Old 05-23-06, 12:34 PM
SkydotCom
Rookie

Originally Posted by jiggyman
The free fill-up with their Seat Belt Recall service? I remember a few members at CL saying that when they went in to get it done, they were nicely compensated with a tank of gas. With gas prices as they are I was actually looking forward to this, but I got my seat belt recall service done last weekend and got my car back with the same amount in the tank. I even inquired about it with the service manager and he said he had heard nothing about it. Just wondering...
Thanks.
Have you read a post about 89 and 91 about gas quality? What if Lexus filled it up with a cheap *** gasoline to mess up your car. Like 87 or lower if available. Would you still consider having them fill it up for you?
Old 05-23-06, 01:05 PM
Turkoman
Pole Position

I did not get the car yet but the car they sent me on a test drive was completely empty in the tank so I had to go gas it up to make it back to the dealership.
Old 05-23-06, 01:13 PM
SkydotCom
Rookie

Originally Posted by Turkoman
I did not get the car yet but the car they sent me on a test drive was completely empty in the tank so I had to go gas it up to make it back to the dealership.
I'm confused. You have your car in service or your test driving a car. Because you mention test drive so isn't the dealer with you? Why would you have to pay to test drive a car?
Old 05-23-06, 01:14 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt get any gas =(

However, I was able to squeeze some new front tires out of them, after asking about my cars pull to the right. And the tires did fix it the tracking problem.... weird, since they installed the same tires
Old 05-23-06, 03:05 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No gas...

...and my seatbelts don't work right sometimes after the seatbelt recall fix. Occassionally, it locks where I can't pull the seatbelt out of the pillar before I drive. The passenger side is worse than the driver side, and it's embarrassing when I take a girl out and she tugs on the seatbelt for about ten seconds before she can put it on.

What's up Lexus?!?

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 05-23-06 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-23-06, 04:08 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my seatbelts work perfectly now and they filled my gas tank
Old 05-23-06, 04:15 PM
jiggyman
Driver School Candidate

PhilipMSPT, I feel you... The first time it happened, I was with my GF and we were wondering what happened. I called the stealership and they said it was just part of the safety system and next time to just turn off the car and back on. Lo and behold 2 months later I get a recall letter regarding the seatbelts. Nice...took them 4 hours and no free gas.
Old 05-23-06, 04:35 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

No gas here either, and I had about 1/4 tank.
Old 05-23-06, 05:20 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 257 Likes on 227 Posts

No problems with the seat belts either before or after the recall, and they filled my tank. (Which was nearly at the point where the light was going to come on when I brought it in)
Old 05-23-06, 05:31 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting that this topic came up. Just today we went to pick up the Acura from getting its window motor replaced, and I had the thought that it would be nice if they filled up the gas tank, along with the vacuum/wash. As one would expect though, it didn't happen, but its pretty cool to hear that some have been more fortunate.
Old 05-23-06, 07:57 PM
Dr C
Driver

The dealer picked up my AWD at my office, did the seat belt recall on both sides, washed my car, filled it with gas, and returned it to my office. While they had my car, they left a loaner Lexus with me in case I needed a car. Best service I've had so far (after 36 cars, 22 of them purchased new)!
Old 05-23-06, 08:39 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Payam
No gas here either, and I had about 1/4 tank.
I did get a car wash out of the deal though.
Old 05-23-06, 09:18 PM
LexBlazer
Driver School Candidate

I got a free tank of gas and some Lexus chocolates after my seatbelt recall service. They gave me a nice 06 GS loaner for the weekend and got a full tank when I returned it. The tank was almost empty too when I gave it to them so it was a nice surprise.
Old 05-24-06, 06:53 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBlazer
I got a free tank of gas and some Lexus chocolates after my seatbelt recall service. They gave me a nice 06 GS loaner for the weekend and got a full tank when I returned it. The tank was almost empty too when I gave it to them so it was a nice surprise.
They kept your car for a full weekend? My service only took about an hour...

I did not get any free gas, even though I intentionally went in there with 1/8 tank left. I'm thinking for any future servicing (aside from recalls etc that are free) I will probably go to the Toyota dealership. If I'm not going to get any special level of service, there's not point paying for it...

Quick Reply: Who Got...(free fill-up with their Seat Belt Recall service?)