IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

CD changer what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-06, 06:06 PM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the flipside...

My player jammed 4 times in the last week ALL WITH COMMERCIAL DISCS....

Das Boot (dual layer/dual side retail disc)
Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy (single side)
Queens of the Stone Age (Lullabies to Paralyze)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (season 1 disc 1)

Every time if I take another disc and just tap the front of the disc that's stuck it pops right out,most of the time spitting it completely out and onto the shifter. Thing is most of these discs played just fine before, but I was able to replicate it 100% while I was out of town this weekend.
Old 08-14-06, 04:31 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I knew I read this thread before... and guess what... this happened to me today. Man I've been using burned CDs in like 5 cars... the IS being the 5th.. and I've never had a stuck CD in the CD slot or CD changer this is a first! The CD changer just all of a sudden stopped working. Everything else works fine. the Radio, NAV, etc. It wont play CDs, load or eject CDs and I cant even hear it try to change to a different CD.

So I called the dealer to schedule an appoitment and the earliest time would be this Thurs which is ok but no loaner! I cant just sit there all day and wait. How do I know how long its going to take? The earliest appoitment for a loaner would be Aug 30th. So I said ok can you schedule me for that but I would also like to come in THurs to let the tech take a look and if it can be fixed in a few hours then I'll cancel the Aug 30th appoitment and if not I'll leave and keep the 30th appoitment. BUT they said they cant schedule me for more than one appointment! ARGH! what the heck? I dont want to go in thurs and then find out its going to take like all day and then since I cant wait I'll have to leave and then schedule another appoitment and by then it'll be like Sept 30th.

Now this is a minor thing... but what happenes if a major thing happens? I'm going to be out w/out a car? Thought Lexus is all about service... Booo

Last edited by EBMCS03; 08-14-06 at 07:06 PM.