IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Oh no..not me!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-06, 06:24 AM
Advent
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh no..not me!!

Well my VSC light came on last night when I pulled in the drive way.My drive way has a slight hill,I was in second gear when it stalled.I'm going to the dealer today at 2pm so i'll keep you guys posted on the status...I read the VSC post and it seems the 250's are having this problem..arrrggghhhhh,sorry I had to vent..Moderators please dont kill me cause I started a new thread on this subject.
Old 05-02-06, 09:48 AM
wawawa
Rookie

another one stalled....

sorry to hear that...

keep us updated
Old 05-02-06, 09:58 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

would you have stalled if you were in first gear on this slight hill?
Old 05-02-06, 10:34 AM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by onihc
would you have stalled if you were in first gear on this slight hill?
That my friend is the question,I've only stalled once and that was when I first got the car and the VSC light didnt come on...Well I'm at the service department now and you would never believe what happen.I'm coming from work heading to the service department I get out ask the gentlemen if someone can look at it to tell me whats wrong,he gets in the car and the VSC light is no longer on...Go figure.I told him he had the magic touch,I said I still wanted someone to check it out to see if there is anything wrong.....I'll report back in a little while...By the way my service department is nice,they have food,drinks and free internet access.WOW,does anyone else have a service department like this?
Old 05-02-06, 10:41 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Advent
.I'm coming from work heading to the service department I get out ask the gentlemen if someone can look at it to tell me whats wrong,he gets in the car and the VSC light is no longer on...Go figure.I told him he had the magic touch,I said I still wanted someone to check it out to see if there is anything wrong.....I'll report back in a little while...
Hopefully the code is still stored in the computer

By the way my service department is nice,they have food,drinks and free internet access.WOW,does anyone else have a service department like this?
Yes, all those amenities, plus some kind of computerized golf contraption.
Old 05-02-06, 10:49 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to take a stab in the dark and say it might be related to this, but I'm not sure:

TSBI EG007-06 - ECU Reprogramming

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 05-02-06, 10:51 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That my friend is the question,I've only stalled once and that was when I first got the car and the VSC light didnt come on...Well I'm at the service department now and you would never believe what happen.I'm coming from work heading to the service department I get out ask the gentlemen if someone can look at it to tell me whats wrong,he gets in the car and the VSC light is no longer on...Go figure.I told him he had the magic touch,I said I still wanted someone to check it out to see if there is anything wrong.....I'll report back in a little while...By the way my service department is nice,they have food,drinks and free internet access.WOW,does anyone else have a service department like this?
i hope your warning light was a fluke and nothing bad happened. some people reported this as a misfire. maybe for you, this one time occurance was a misfire. hopefully it won't happen again.

Longo Lexus here in SoCal has a really nice installation bay/service department. refreshments, snacks, computers, are all complimentary. they also have the nicest shop i have seen. there is a wall of glass that lets the customers see what is going on in their garage. you can literally see the mechanics work on your car.
Old 05-02-06, 11:00 AM
Advent
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kermee
Going to take a stab in the dark and say it might be related to this, but I'm not sure:

TSBI EG007-06 - ECU Reprogramming

Cheers,
Kermee
That helps..thanks Kermee.
Old 05-02-06, 02:34 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

I know mine has food, drinks, and phones to use. Not sure about internet, I didn't look that hard for the short time I was there.
Old 05-04-06, 09:12 AM
Advent
Rookie

Well I got my car yesterday from the delear and he said there was no problem.The reason my VSC light came on was b/c I stalled,the engine was thinking "I should be moving"I was in second and I think I didnt take my foot off of the clutch in time.But I remember hitting the clutch..Oh well I'm glad I have my car back.I hate driving those loaner b/c everyone and there father has been in it.Oh the Loaner was an 06 IS 250(auto of course).I tried the pedal shifter and although I like the feel I cant help but to think of the lag when shifting.I guess I cant compare it to my 6speed manual transmission.This IS also had the ventilated seats which I loved so much,i'm mad at myself for not getting that.This IS didnt have Mark Levinson(another of Course)So I was really feenin for my ML. All in all I love the New IS no matter if its a 6pseed or not....