Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation > Hybrid Technology
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Replacing 12 v battery

Old 03-22-12, 10:33 PM   #16
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX

I've had my battery replaced a total of 3 times in the time span of the past 6 months. No joke, Lexus batteries do not like being juiced very much, I'm barely sucking juice out of it and it dies often on me (luckily most of the times it's at home). If I were you, and into listening to stuff with the car off or whatever. I'd look into an optima battery because they hold a bit of a longer charge

It was my mistake purchasing a battery from Lexus thinking it could handle being juiced a lil bit, live and learn
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 12:33 PM   #17
itruns
Driver

Default does anyone have a model number

does anyone have a model number for the autozone/costco/Sams battery that works with the gs450h?
itruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 02:08 PM   #18
redbaron
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

I have been using Sears Diehard Platinum batteries in our cars. They in my opinion are equal to the best batteries on the market and better than Optimas. When on a good Sale, they are under $150 each.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 11:28 PM   #19
adamselene
Driver School Candidate

This is an old thread. I didn't need a battery then, but I just had ZLexus replace the 12 v battery for a huge figure. I have the Platimnum extended warranty, didn;t coiver battery, but don;'t want to endanger its coverage, or the hybrid battery warranty.
'
Somce then, I notice that my hybrid battery goes to two bars very easily. How does one know when it fails, and the warranty kicks iin. Our desert climate has always been tough on batteries.

If I was making an uphill run, as I often do, I think I would be out of hybrid power PDQ.

Thanks!
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 11:28 PM

Tags
12, automobiles, automotive, batteries, battery, battery 12v, car, clublexus, gs, isf, lexus, panasonic, radio, replacement, rx350, volt