Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

scrape noise when rolling slowly

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 07:05 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Default scrape noise when rolling slowly

OK have had my RX400h for several months...Does everybody getting a scrape noise when rolling slowly (backing and forward under 25mph)? It seems to make the noise with one revolution of the wheels. More prominent with the rear wheels. I think it is the Emergency drum brake, took it all apart last night and with the caliper off the noise was still there. Took the disk/drum off and it was gone...I know in the old days you want the drum to slightly rub the brake shoes...mine are rubbing...Does anybody else notice this with their window down and backing up.? Also you can hear the tires squishing now that the weather is warmer...Man this car is just too quiet...Can hear everything...anyway I would be interested if other hear these sounds also.
Old 05-06-11, 06:22 AM
rcy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Why don't you just back the parking brake shoes off a little bit?

See this post, the middle picture

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...-overhaul.html

With the rotor off, you can see a hole in the hub at the 6 o'clock position. Inside that hole you can see a star shaped adjuster. Just stick a flat blade screwdriver in there and turn the adjuster till the rubbing noise is gone. Then make sure the parking brake still holds when applied.
Old 05-07-11, 07:54 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by rcy
Why don't you just back the parking brake shoes off a little bit?

See this post, the middle picture

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...-overhaul.html

With the rotor off, you can see a hole in the hub at the 6 o'clock position. Inside that hole you can see a star shaped adjuster. Just stick a flat blade screwdriver in there and turn the adjuster till the rubbing noise is gone. Then make sure the parking brake still holds when applied.
I did and it help, but now I will have to adj the emergency brake pedal...and yes those pictures were mine....too funny..