Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

I just want to say I love this car

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 08:31 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up I just want to say I love this car

I am getting now 25MPG easy around town...I really notice Shell gas is the best for me and the car. The GS 430 gets 16-18 tops with less power while polluting more and less performance. It really is just amazing to me.

Its real fun talking to people who say "I can't hear the car" and I explain its a hybrid. Most are stunned. I've let quite a few people drive the car around to experience to themselves, including this old man at the grocery store who loved it.

Trunk space is small but I will post pics of it full with luggage, its gotten the job done and I use the backseat if needed.

I love the ML soundsystem and going to Sonic and watching a movie inside. The leather still looks brand new and I love how the dash has aged (even with the harder plastic). I also love the curved wood trim on the doors and the chrome around the rear speakers.

To me the car really has truly aged well, better than the 2GS did during the end of its life cycle. Seeing Jag XF's around just confirms my feelings that the GS is a great looking car.

Things are not perfect but I never expected them to be. Sometimes the sunroof rattles and I have to touch this piece of metal and it stops. Sometimes the headlight flickers and I have to turn it on and off. I wish I the 07 models had the iPod port. Outside of that the car has been fantastic.

Old 05-05-10, 10:43 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yup, i love this car too. just wait till you start modding, you're not gonna want to quit! someone sign me up for MA (mod anonymous), i'm a modder and i can't stop!
Old 05-06-10, 05:32 AM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. I was just driving around aimlessly last night thinking to myself how much I love this car.
Old 05-07-10, 06:48 PM
TNGRIC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
yup, i love this car too. just wait till you start modding, you're not gonna want to quit! someone sign me up for MA (mod anonymous), i'm a modder and i can't stop!
Hi Stormforge, this is a real fanastic car.....powerful yet lots of saving on fuel...
I thinking of lowering my ride for the more sporty look but i do not know wat kind of springs is suitable? I was told that F-sport springs is not suitable as this hybrid is too heavy...
By the way, is there any problems like brusding against the fender over speed humps or moving up steep slops once the car is lowered like yours using Tanabe Springs?
Thanks for advice in advance

Cheers
Ric
Old 05-08-10, 11:55 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TNGRIC
Hi Stormforge, this is a real fanastic car.....powerful yet lots of saving on fuel...
I thinking of lowering my ride for the more sporty look but i do not know wat kind of springs is suitable? I was told that F-sport springs is not suitable as this hybrid is too heavy...
By the way, is there any problems like brusding against the fender over speed humps or moving up steep slops once the car is lowered like yours using Tanabe Springs?
Thanks for advice in advance

Cheers
Ric
Ric:

Welcome to CL! To answer your question, please see this thread below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...n-a-gs460.html

As you can see, a member has the F-Sport springs installed on his GS460 with no problems. And I have no problems with Tanabe NF210 springs on my GS450h. So if you really want to install F-Sport springs on your GS450h, you can (as long as the oem spring for GS350 RWD is the same as the oem spring for GS450h).

You will always have some rubbing problems with your front lip if you are lowered and going up a steep incline. There's no way around that. But the Tanabe NF210 is one of the most mild drop springs while retaining factory ride.

As for rubbing issues, that all depends on the offset and tire size of your aftermarket wheels. If you are dropped on NF210 springs with stock wheels, you should have no rubbing issues with your fender at all.
Old 05-08-10, 02:04 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i love this car...although i kinda miss the size of my old car (IS250)...but the performance more than makes up for it...ppl asume that when a car is a Hybrid its slow... but then i love the looks on their face when they are proved wrong...

on the side note the 3GS is such a great lookin car..

one day driving home with my windows open with my music pretty low...at a stop light a couple pulled up next me whose windows were open too...and the lady says to the guy "why cant u have a nice car like that"...that made my day..lol
Old 05-10-10, 07:48 PM
TNGRIC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
Ric:

Welcome to CL! To answer your question, please see this thread below:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...n-a-gs460.html

As you can see, a member has the F-Sport springs installed on his GS460 with no problems. And I have no problems with Tanabe NF210 springs on my GS450h. So if you really want to install F-Sport springs on your GS450h, you can (as long as the oem spring for GS350 RWD is the same as the oem spring for GS450h).

You will always have some rubbing problems with your front lip if you are lowered and going up a steep incline. There's no way around that. But the Tanabe NF210 is one of the most mild drop springs while retaining factory
ride.

As for rubbing issues, that all depends on the offset and tire size of your aftermarket wheels. If you are dropped on NF210 springs with stock wheels, you should have no rubbing issues with your fender at all.
Thanks very Much Bro Stormforge for your advice.
I will most likely go for the Tanabe NF210 springs on stock wheels first....then i decide to upgrade to bigger wheels or not.....

Thanks again..
Enjoy yr ride
Ric