Too many beeps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 05:15 PM
davewt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too many beeps?

Guys,

I just had my 5000 mi check. Had them set the door lock so the driver's door unlocks all doors. Also, now holding the unlock button opens all windows and the sunroof. Now when I grasp the driver's handle the doors unlock as they are supposed to but I often am greeted with 10 beeps, rather than 2. The dealer has no ideas. Has anyone else had anything similar?

I don't know if they did anything else, but my gas mileage improved by a couple of MPG. It may just be that the temperature has moderated a little so the a/c isn't working as hard.

Dave T
Old 09-23-10, 08:49 AM
davewt
Driver School Candidate

Default Too many beeps - follow up

Took the car back to the dealer, they involved the distributor as neither had ever had anything similar. After several hours of diagnostics they determined that when I had some body work done by an independent shop (which involved replacing the driver's door) a connector had not been fully seated. It had worked loose and gave the symptoms I had been experiencing. Even though it turned out not to be Lexus' fault they were nice enough to cover it as a warranty repair. Kudos to Reinhardt Lexus of Montgomery, AL. Nice people to deal with.
Old 09-23-10, 09:58 AM
acheparev
Driver

Weird. But, why didn't you have the body work done by Lexus?
Old 09-23-10, 06:17 PM
davewt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by acheparev
Weird. But, why didn't you have the body work done by Lexus?
This guy does most of the high end used car dealer work in town. The first time I had him work on the car wasn't covered by insurance. Couldn't tell from new and saved 40% on cost. The door repair was covered, but he had done such a good job the first time I couldn't see changing to a different shop.
Old 09-25-10, 10:38 PM
ColdLexus
Driver

Must be nice to have a good Lexus dealer. We suffer the pain of a lame lexus dealer in edmonton. Here I go, off to have my rx serviced 3 hours south in Calgary.
Old 09-24-12, 10:22 PM
goodwill
Driver School Candidate

Default 10 beeps when unlocking with door handle

Originally Posted by davewt
Took the car back to the dealer, they involved the distributor as neither had ever had anything similar. After several hours of diagnostics they determined that when I had some body work done by an independent shop (which involved replacing the driver's door) a connector had not been fully seated. It had worked loose and gave the symptoms I had been experiencing. Even though it turned out not to be Lexus' fault they were nice enough to cover it as a warranty repair. Kudos to Reinhardt Lexus of Montgomery, AL. Nice people to deal with.
I have the same problem with the 10 beeps only when I unlock using the door handle. However, I have never had service done to the door, seems like the beeping just happened out of the blue. Read from a couple of others on the forum that it could indicate an actuator going out on the door but there's nothing conclusive out there. All my doors unlock and lock perfectly, it just keeps beeping 10 times when I use the door handle (I resort to using the keyfob now with the standard 2 beep to unlock all doors).

Bumping this thread in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue and has found a resolution.
Old 09-24-12, 10:44 PM
Lecoultre
Driver School Candidate

Lexus HS 250H Service

This is always are great resource for info – do some searching…

edmunds.com/lexus/hs-250h/2012/
Old 09-25-12, 03:43 PM
DDS62
Driver

I am happy for owners that have customer friendly dealerships. Not everybody is as lucky. Last summer someone hit my drivers side rear view mirror, cracked the case and broke the mirror. It had been 7 months since I had the car in for service so I made an attempt to schedule the car for routnie maintenance and asked if I could get the rear view mirror fixed as well. I was told by the service manger he had no interest in fixing the rear view mirror, I should take it to the Lexus collision center - which is two doors from the dealership. I asked him why he could not do that while the car was being serviced and he told me he actually couldn't even service the car in the next week because he was busy. That is when I went to Toyota and requested approval to have my Lexus serviced at a Toyota service facility instead of Lexus. I am not making these things up and I am not leaving anything out.