GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

NAV bypass!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-06, 07:50 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up NAV bypass!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo

Many of you might know this already but since I tried it in my 06 GX for the first time, I thought that I would share it with you in case anyone here didn't know about it. There is a way to bypass the safety system and allow you to input destinations and POIs while driving. However, you have to do this ever time you drive the car because it resets itself:

1) Push 'Menu'
2) Push 'Volume' on the screen
3) Push upper left corner of screen where speaker picture is.
4) Push lower left corner of screen where nothing is.
5) Push upper left corner of screen where speaker picture is.
6) Push lower left corner of screen where nothing is.

This brings up a menu.

7) Push and hold 'override' until you hear a beep and viola! Drive carefully!

You can turn the backup camera to work while you are going forward by doing the following:

Hold 'info' button on NAV unit while turning your parking lights on and off 3-5 times. this will bring up a menu screen. Push the menu button on the upper right corner of the screen. Push test camera and viola!

You can also push the test nav button and it will show you which sat you are connected to and how fast you are really going.

Turning the car off resets the system.

Enjoy,
CV
Old 05-05-06, 11:44 AM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Cool Not to rain on your parade ....

Originally Posted by CVsGX470
Yo

Many of you might know this already but since I tried it in my 06 GX for the first time, I thought that I would share it with you in case anyone here didn't know about it. There is a way to bypass the safety system and allow you to input destinations and POIs while driving. However, you have to do this ever time you drive the car because it resets itself:

1) Push 'Menu'
2) Push 'Volume' on the screen
3) Push upper left corner of screen where speaker picture is.
4) Push lower left corner of screen where nothing is.
5) Push upper left corner of screen where speaker picture is.
6) Push lower left corner of screen where nothing is.

This brings up a menu.

7) Push and hold 'override' until you hear a beep and viola! Drive carefully!

You can turn the backup camera to work while you are going forward by doing the following:

Hold 'info' button on NAV unit while turning your parking lights on and off 3-5 times. this will bring up a menu screen. Push the menu button on the upper right corner of the screen. Push test camera and viola!

You can also push the test nav button and it will show you which sat you are connected to and how fast you are really going.

Turning the car off resets the system.

Enjoy,
CV
This has been covered quite a bit in this forum. Before anyone else asks you why it does not work on the '03, '04, that is because it is a different over-ride for the different Nav Generations. If they really want to know ... it is a simple search through the forum....
Old 05-05-06, 01:13 PM
JWS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the tip & reminder for those of us

who havn't been on the board for a long time. I printed it and now keep a copy in the car.
Old 05-05-06, 03:05 PM
rklages
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or just buy the prius nav override from www.coastaletech.com for 100 bucks and it will do it for you everytime and push the I agree and for 50 more let you dial the phone (or you can search the forums for instructions how to cut the wire and save 50 bucks)

Again only 05 and 06 models

Rob
Old 05-08-06, 06:49 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ADVocate
This has been covered quite a bit in this forum. Before anyone else asks you why it does not work on the '03, '04, that is because it is a different over-ride for the different Nav Generations. If they really want to know ... it is a simple search through the forum....
Well, sorry to waste your time. It was new to me. Just got a nav system in 4/06.
CV