Cargo Carpet liner

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12, 06:18 PM
htp367
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo liner for 2012 GX460

Hi everyone,

I want a cargo liner for my gx460. Any recommendation? I found that WeatherTech has the highest review rate but it is also the most expensive compared to others. Husky and Maxtray are about the same price but how about the quality? which one should I go with? Can anyone recommend a reliable store to buy it? Has anyone experienced purchasing from partsgeek.com? By searching the net, I found that it has the best price for the cargo liner I want to get.

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/201...rgo_liner.html

Any thought?

Thanks.
Old 04-11-12, 04:07 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I do not have a cargo mat (only carpeted OEM), but I have the first and second row mats (Husky liners). I have the WeatherTech in my IS. If I had to do over I would get the WeatherTech. The Husky's (in time) have gaps in the fit and they do not look as finished (nice) as the WeatherTech. IMO pay the extra for the WeatherTech.

Koz
Old 04-11-12, 04:38 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Weathertech mat and have been very pleased with it. It does not slide around and covers the entire cargo area. I also had the Weathertech in my previous GX 470 and had no issues as well. It held up great. Highly recommended.
Old 04-11-12, 08:27 AM
akfd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have WeatherTech mats and cargo liner as well, and they are of very high quality. Compared to the Lexus mats, I think the WeatherTech are thicker, and thus should last longer.
Old 04-11-12, 08:49 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I also have the Weather Tech mats and cargo liner and am very pleased with both mats and liner...
Old 04-11-12, 05:09 PM
htp367
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for all the inputs. I think I will go with WeatherTech. Have a nice day.
Old 04-11-12, 07:11 PM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

My experience with Husky WeatherBeaters (not to be confused with Husky Liners) and WeatherTechs:

I would recommend the Husky WeatherBeater custom molded mats over the WeatherTechs. I have owned both.

The Husky WeatherBeater mats are competitors for the WeatherTechs where the old Husky Liner Custom Molded Mats were not. The old Husky Liners were quite flimsy and did not hold their shape. Not the case with the new models of WeatherBeaters.

The WeatherBeaters stay in place much better than the WeatherTechs due to the small "spikes" on the bottom and also contain no holes for the salty water (I'm in the midwest) to leak onto the carpet.

The WeatherBeaters also provide better coverage in the front of the vehicle in my opinion.

Another thing I didn't like about the WeatherTechs is they can be quite slippery especially when you are entering the vehicle from a rainy or snowy climate. The WeatherBeaters are less slippery without a doubt.

The WeatherBeaters are available in a rear cargo liner, as well.

http://www.huskyliners.com/Custom%20...?ct=29&d=2&dt=

Originally Posted by Koz
I do not have a cargo mat (only carpeted OEM), but I have the first and second row mats (Husky liners). I have the WeatherTech in my IS. If I had to do over I would get the WeatherTech. The Husky's (in time) have gaps in the fit and they do not look as finished (nice) as the WeatherTech. IMO pay the extra for the WeatherTech.

Koz
Old 04-12-12, 05:30 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bradtopp
My experience with Husky WeatherBeaters (not to be confused with Husky Liners) and WeatherTechs:

I would recommend the Husky WeatherBeater custom molded mats over the WeatherTechs. I have owned both.

The Husky WeatherBeater mats are competitors for the WeatherTechs where the old Husky Liner Custom Molded Mats were not. The old Husky Liners were quite flimsy and did not hold their shape. Not the case with the new models of WeatherBeaters.

The WeatherBeaters stay in place much better than the WeatherTechs due to the small "spikes" on the bottom and also contain no holes for the salty water (I'm in the midwest) to leak onto the carpet.

The WeatherBeaters also provide better coverage in the front of the vehicle in my opinion.

Another thing I didn't like about the WeatherTechs is they can be quite slippery especially when you are entering the vehicle from a rainy or snowy climate. The WeatherBeaters are less slippery without a doubt.

The WeatherBeaters are available in a rear cargo liner, as well.

http://www.huskyliners.com/Custom%20...?ct=29&d=2&dt=
You are right on the money about the WeatherBeaters and that's why I purchased them but after a year there are gaps around the perimeter of the mats and they look used (all scuffed up). My WeatherTech's on the other hand look great and are over three years old and still fit like new.

Koz
Old 04-12-12, 07:46 AM
bradtopp
Pit Crew

As with most things I suppose your mileage will vary. My weatherbeaters (released early 2009)came out of my 2010 4-runner into my 2012 GX. Still shaped perfectly and look brand new.

Originally Posted by Koz
You are right on the money about the WeatherBeaters and that's why I purchased them but after a year there are gaps around the perimeter of the mats and they look used (all scuffed up). My WeatherTech's on the other hand look great and are over three years old and still fit like new.

Koz
Old 09-25-15, 01:02 PM
candebose
Driver School Candidate

Default Cargo Carpet liner

I purchased a 2015 GX this August with sepia colored interior, but my cargo carpet liner is gray and no one seems to be able to assist me. The packaging says dark brown but the carpet is clearly gray. I've contacted my dealership and they're saying it only comes in gray and black, which doesn't make sense to me. I contacted Lexus customer service twice about this issue and they're now saying the same thing. In addition, I contacted a few other dealers and the liners they have are also gray. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.
Old 09-25-15, 03:44 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not get Weathertech crago liner? They come in tan color and will have far better coverage than OEM stuff. Provided you don't use 3rd row.
Old 09-25-15, 05:30 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cargo Liner

That is one of the ways they cut cost. The all season ones come in different colors. The carpet comes in only the color you listed. I have an all season set and a carpet set. Vehicle came with both sets. Two different colors. My interior is Ecru. Have a 2015 Luxury edition. Have a 2012 LS460 AWD and they were only available in a Brown. Also have a new Tacoma. They are only in black. Also, back in the 90's the carpet mats were extremely plush and they were very expensive. Order from aftermarket company, but they will not have the Lexus name or logo on them.