GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Passenger side Catalytic converter

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-16, 12:08 PM
GRAYM
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gonna have a 4x4 shop help me out....they cannot "tamper" with the emissions etc as they say but they will loosen the sensor I will put on the extender and they will tighten it for me. I'd do it myself but I cannot reach far enough inside to get to it....i also have no way of lifting it up either, so this seems the best route to go...cross your fingers hope this works else i am driving it with the lights on and forget it
Old 10-27-16, 07:07 PM
BlackCat81
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAYM
gonna have a 4x4 shop help me out....they cannot "tamper" with the emissions etc as they say but they will loosen the sensor I will put on the extender and they will tighten it for me. I'd do it myself but I cannot reach far enough inside to get to it....i also have no way of lifting it up either, so this seems the best route to go...cross your fingers hope this works else i am driving it with the lights on and forget it
if you get the fouler posted previously, you'll need to drill the base out and possibly stack 2. The sensor will bottom out on the shorter ones. I run a long one on my passenger side downstream 02, which I did in 10 minutes in the driveway. Been fine ever since. Bought a pair for $11 on Amazon. Just barely clears the trans pan.
Old 10-28-16, 03:16 AM
GRAYM
Driver

Originally Posted by BlackCat81
if you get the fouler posted previously, you'll need to drill the base out and possibly stack 2. The sensor will bottom out on the shorter ones. I run a long one on my passenger side downstream 02, which I did in 10 minutes in the driveway. Been fine ever since. Bought a pair for $11 on Amazon. Just barely clears the trans pan.

i actually got one on amazon that appears 2x as long as the one in the post. plus it is stainless steel etc. i am thinking that i will not have to drill anything...I hope not!! search on this on amazon and see what you think...

Universal O2 Sensor Spacer Adapter Isolator Extender

by Auto Dynasty
Old 10-28-16, 09:55 AM
BradTank
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 116 Posts

i actually got one on amazon that appears 2x as long as the one in the post. plus it is stainless steel etc. i am thinking that i will not have to drill anything...I hope not!! search on this on amazon and see what you think...

by Auto Dynasty

You shouldn't have to drill anything. As long as the length isn't a problem, it should work fine.

Regarding the 4x4 shop and their plan to have you be a part of it so they don't get in trouble, it seems a bit silly to me, but if you don't have an issue with it and the price is right, I guess it makes sense. It looks like they want to make sure you aren't some state inspector by "altering it" yourself?

I just wouldn't pay more than an hour of labor for a job like this, the exhaust shop I go to would probably do it for under $50.
Old 10-28-16, 12:55 PM
BlackCat81
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

by Auto Dynasty
thats the one I have. Works perfectly.
Old 11-04-16, 08:23 AM
GRAYM
Driver

Smile cross'm

OK i installed the extender on the passenger side and we cleared the codes......I guess I will end up in federal prison for this (but Hillary gets off free). So let's see how this works, found a shop that "helped" me do it. Cross your fingers toes and anything that crosses that I don't have to spend 2 grand!!!