GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Passenger side exhaust manifold leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-19, 05:21 PM
GXOutlaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Passenger side exhaust manifold leak

Hey guys, I have an 06 GX with just under 150k miles. At the end of last spring I had a huge exhaust leak in the drivers side manifold. My father-in-law is a mechanic with a garage/lift and offered to help unknowing how much work it would involve. About 8 hours of labor later we replaced it with a new OEM manifold. We looked at the passenger side but it looked good so decided to end the job there. Now, 8 months later I'm hearing the ticking from the passenger side and suspect there's a hole in the passenger manifold. Instead of holding up the shop with my rig, I am thinking I can do the passenger side in my garage with a jack and some stands. Is the passenger side easier to replace compared to the drivers side? I'm mostly trying to gauge how much time to alot for the repair. Also trying to gauge if it can be done in a home garage without a lift.
Old 02-14-19, 07:22 AM
deeken
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

This job took 8 hours with the help of a mechanic? Damn. What was the hardest part? I think I have a leak and I'm looking to do this job on my own.