GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS450h Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 12:28 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS450h Mods

Are there any mods out there for the GS450h? I'm interested in adding a performance intake and anything else out there. Could someone please enlighten me? Another thing, my subwoofer is blown, how would I be able to change it out? There's no access from the trunk.
-Intake
-Exhaust
-Roof spoiler
-Lights (headlights, DRLs, Fog Lights)

Someone has done an intake on the H, but I don't know how.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...eed-to-do.html

Thanks in advance

Last edited by LovezLexus; 03-30-15 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-30-15, 01:51 PM
LexusLadi
Rookie

Originally Posted by LovezLexus
Are there any mods out there for the GS450h? I'm interested in adding a performance intake and anything else out there. Could someone please enlighten me? Another thing, my subwoofer is blown, how would I be able to change it out? There's no access from the trunk.
-Intake
-Exhaust
-Roof spoiler
-Lights (headlights, DRLs, Fog Lights)

Also, how can I change out my navigation disc?

Someone has done an intake on the H, but I don't know how.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...eed-to-do.html
I would only go as far as upgrading your air filter to a K&N style drop in. Otherwise your wasting money. You will never see a gain in HP or anything of the sort. The hybrid system that you have is so complicated and strict with its ICE and how its controlled. That it doesn't make sense missing with it.
Old 03-30-15, 06:26 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

That was my mindset in the beginning, however now I am starting to realize the potential it has. Other members have been able to achieve results with upgrading the intake. I would just like to know how I would be able to do the same.
Old 03-30-15, 06:55 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Personally I would stay away from intake as the GS450h is an atkinson cycle motor. I.e. different from GS350. The K&N drop in is as brave as I get.

My upgrades for the 450h will be focused on suspension and maybe exhaust.

Currently I have confirmation that F-sport sways fit.
Other owners have gs350/gs460 application springs and seem to have no issues except for sagging rear? I think this is due to the fact that the 450h has more weight in the rear. Essentially the springs are compressed as if there is a passanger in the rear. (depending how heavy your passengers are...200lbs)
I have contacted tanabe and eibach and it seems tanabe is interested in r&d for gs450 specific springs. I may do this for the good of all.

Coilovers fit from my understanding, but you will sacrifice avs control. I suppose Tien edfc on CS coilovers would provide a more adjustable "avs" system.

I know that there have been people that modified intake parts to have it work on their car, but am not sure about the longevity that these mods will provide.

If you do plan on doing it intake please take some dyno readings before and after, as opposed to saying "I think i am getting more mpg and hp now!!!" You will be a pioneer!

As far as exhaust it seems that we can share GS350 parts as there is a gs450h with tanabe touring medallion installed with no issues. I have also seen youtube clips of M2 performance exhaust on the 450h as well.

Lighting is shared between all models and there are a ton of choices out there.
Exterior parts are shared as well and you can go from mild to wild!

All in all do your research before throwing parts on the car. Understand that there are a ton of hours of testing to get our cars in stock form.
Old 03-31-15, 06:08 AM
Stoodo
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

The third generation GS is not an Atkinson Cycle motor. That didn't occur until the 4th gen.
Old 04-01-15, 10:07 AM
LovezLexus
Driver

I would love to put on an exhaust, but how would it sound with a CVT?
Old 04-01-15, 10:44 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LovezLexus
I would love to put on an exhaust, but how would it sound with a CVT?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...t-systems.html