Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 gs350 daytime running lights/high beam bulb

Old 05-16-12, 09:37 PM   #1
michaelmay
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default 2007 gs350 daytime running lights/high beam bulb

Hello,

I do not really like the yellowish glow of the stock bulbs so I was wondering if there was any alternative to get them white like the headlights. I'd prefer not to do an HID conversion but if there is a bulb that will give me the same effect, could you please tell me?

I have also looked through the threads and I could not seem to find out how to install the bulbs once I purchase them. Please assist!

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
michaelmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 09:54 PM   #2
bigblack06
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

You sure you looked, I only say this cause it has been discussed many times. Your best choice would be LED's here you go! http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...t-194-led.html

"It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road."-George Globel
2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport Remote Start/Glass Breakage/Heated Steering/Blind Spot Monitor/Tint/Vinyl Wrap/Philips U 6K/LED Fogs/J5 Coilovers/Rays GramLight 57FXX Wheels/Meisterschaft Exhaust/Invidia Mid Pipe/More To Come

Lexus GS 450h 2007 SOLD http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...450h-9909.html
bigblack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 09:58 PM   #3
michaelmay
Driver School Candidate

I've already seen that and it has helped me replace my parking lights. I am looking on how to replace the high beam bulb which is bulb size 9005. the bulb in the link you gave me is bulb size 2825
Old 05-17-12, 02:14 PM   #4
j0emama
Pole Position

Just to be sure you are aware by switching your DRL/High beam to LED, you'll be eliminating your High Beams. I guess you don't find them useful, why not...?

2007 GS350 RWD Smokey Granite
Vossen VVS-085 20x9(f) 20x10.5(r) Falken FK452 | F-Sport Exhaust | F-Sport Springs | K&N Typhoon Intake | G2 Blue Calipers | 3M Ceramic Tint | DRL off | Upgraded all lights 6000k HID/V-Leds
2010 RX350 RWD White
Upgraded all interior lights to LED 6000k | Luggage rack REMOVED | Black logo & emblems | Custom LED DRL Fogs
j0emama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 02:38 PM   #5
ITWORKS
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

OK I just did this LED DRL install. I love it with the LED's. It looks really classy and no one is getting blinded during dusk hours. You loose the High beams but I didn't care either. Last week there was a whole back and forth, a threadjacking and everything....hahaha. The lights toggle and it seems to get peoples attention. Here's how mine look with the 64 LED version. VERY SIMPLE BULB SWAP. During the day it's softer.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...gs-in-mia.html

In this thread he's got good pictures of how to remove the covers under the hood to access the lights. Once you reach the socket , turn it counter clockwise and pull it out. It's a little tricky to get your hand in there but it is possible.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-t...-hi-beams.html

OH.... and you are going to need " warning cancellers " or the lights will flicker. They go inline with the lights. <----- no biggie.

Hope this helps. Good luck,
ITWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 04:42 PM   #6
michaelmay
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!
So my options are either to get an HID conversion kit to keep my high beams OR LED plug and play with cancellers and lose my high beams?
Old 05-17-12, 04:46 PM   #7
ITWORKS
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Yeah. thats pretty much it.I personally like the LEDs
ITWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 04:49 PM   #8
XxGoKoUxX
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via MSN to XxGoKoUxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxGoKoUxX

Theres white bulbs out there also.... Dont mistake that, theyre just not as bright as regular highbeams when needed.... Go on ebay and pick your bulb color to your satisfaction (make sure theyre within wattage spec and also id opt for blue because the bulbs look blue but mostly output white)
XxGoKoUxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 06:30 PM   #9
07LXgs350
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX View Post
Theres white bulbs out there also.... Dont mistake that, theyre just not as bright as regular highbeams when needed.... Go on ebay and pick your bulb color to your satisfaction (make sure theyre within wattage spec and also id opt for blue because the bulbs look blue but mostly output white)
yah but if its running at half power its going to look yellowish, not much different than stock.
07LXgs350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 07:16 PM   #10
2008GSh
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX View Post
If you want your cake and eat it too... if you want DLR that work AND highbeams that are there when you need them.. And you don't want LEDs that are too dim on High Beam or HIDs that are (IMO) too bright on DLR then buy a pair of "blue" tint 9005 bulbs on ebay for <$5 and call it a day.

All of the other options have limitations...

For fhe fog lights I like the HID system that XxGoKo installed since these are either on or off and aren't need to "flash to pass" or anything else.
2008GSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 08:01 PM   #11
michaelmay
Driver School Candidate

which ones would you recommend? I have the stock headlights and I would like the DRL to kinda match them in color but be equally bright or slightly less bright.
Old 05-17-12, 09:24 PM   #12
j0emama
Pole Position

There are no "white" halogen lights, they are all yellowish. I've tried the best Philips (Crystal Vision Ultra) and Sylvania (SilverStar) and barely any difference for the $50+ they cost, not worth it. What most people have done is just had the dealer turn off they're DRLs all together.

If you go the LED route and give up your high beams, the OEM headlight color is 4300k, so the closest LED you can get to match would be 5000k, which is pure white.

**Note: When you headlights come on DRLs turn off and PARKING lights engage. Those can easily (and should be) changed out to LEDS.

Vossen VVS-085 20x9(f) 20x10.5(r) Falken FK452 | F-Sport Exhaust | F-Sport Springs | K&N Typhoon Intake | G2 Blue Calipers | 3M Ceramic Tint | DRL off | Upgraded all lights 6000k HID/V-Leds
2010 RX350 RWD White
Upgraded all interior lights to LED 6000k | Luggage rack REMOVED | Black logo & emblems | Custom LED DRL Fogs
Old 05-17-12, 09:34 PM   #13
michaelmay
Driver School Candidate

Yeah im thinking im just going to have my headlights on all the time and Ive already swapped the parking lights for LEDS. Its got kind of a bluish tint because of the housing. Can you recommend any LEDS that would show white?
Old 05-18-12, 08:20 AM   #14
j0emama
Pole Position

Any type of LED will do the job, if you want pure white go with 5000k color. That's about as WHITE/CLEAR as it gets. A lot of people (including myself) use 6000k which has a "slight" blueish tint, but looks good.

If you want quality def. purchase them at: http://www.v-leds.com/ Go on their facebook page and look for coupon/discount codes.

2010 RX350 RWD White
Old 05-18-12, 05:11 PM   #15
2008GSh
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0emama View Post
There are no "white" halogen lights, they are all yellowish. I've tried the best Philips (Crystal Vision Ultra) and Sylvania (SilverStar) and barely any difference for the $50+ they cost, not worth it. What most people have done is just had the dealer turn off they're DRLs all together.
Lots of companies sell blue/white tinted Halogens, if you can't find them, then you aren't looking. Yes ALL of the OEM ones are yellow... We are all considering aftermarket options here.
2008GSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-12, 05:11 PM