GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I hate my GS so bad...Please help me to keep it....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 06:43 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

To the OP have you tried using OE Bridgestone tyres? My GS handles like an absolute dream compared to some horror stories on here, doesn't wander or anything and it is completely stock. I frequent speeds of abot 130km/h or so during the week.

Love that shape E-Class and would have bought one if it wasn't for the father-in-law's 04 S500 and it's gremlins and friend's 08 SLK laying dormant but that's for another thread.
Old 07-25-11, 06:15 PM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hmt
Can't even see by eyes, but you can feel it when you rub it...What look cupping like anyway? does this car have shock or struts?

hmt, check out this link for information on tire wear:
http://www.procarcare.com/includes/c...dtirewear.html

our cars have struts and when they wear out, tire wear is most evident. if your car is still on stock struts, i'd definitely get it checked out and replaced. how does your car handle anyways? does it feel like it's floating?
Old 07-26-11, 06:30 AM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Took it to Lexus this weekend for yet another diagnosis on my wandering/loose steering problem. They showed me underneath the car that my driver side ball joint is loose and wearing out which is most likely causing the issue.

I asked how is this possible already when i just bought these ball joints brand new from Sewell Lexus parts less than 9 months ago? They just shrugged their shoulders
Old 07-26-11, 07:12 AM
hmt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link....that's very helpful...
Yes it's still on the stock struts.....I was thinking about replacing that as well...currently saving money for it.....

Originally Posted by GSquicksilver
hmt, check out this link for information on tire wear:
http://www.procarcare.com/includes/c...dtirewear.html

our cars have struts and when they wear out, tire wear is most evident. if your car is still on stock struts, i'd definitely get it checked out and replaced. how does your car handle anyways? does it feel like it's floating?
Old 07-26-11, 07:17 AM
hmt
Rookie

Originally Posted by DeanGS
Nice car! Nice to see when people get what they want instead of just complaining all the time about what they have.
This is what I wanted and that's why I have it now...Unfortunately no car is perfect. My car is having problem (so is many other members) and I am trying to fix it. That's what this site is for...People helping people....If you don't want to help, that's fine...keep it to yourself....just don't post disrespect comments....
Old 07-28-11, 09:14 AM
hmt
Rookie

Just had my friend driving the car yesterday to see what he thinks and he pointed out a good point. The problem seems to be like this.

When driving (specially on highway) if I was to very slightly pull the wheel on any direction and take my hands off the wheel, the wheel stays that way until I pull it back to the opposite direction. When I pulled it back and took my hands off again, it stayed until I had to pull it back again. This causes the car to move left and right and not staying in the middle of the lane. Does your car do that too? If you slightly turn (not as much as changing lane) and take your hands off the wheel, will you car keep moving to that direction? or the wheel automatically pulls itself back to the straight position?

That is the problem I have right now. Is that caster/camber or toe problem? or is that something else....