Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rear Tires wear problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-05, 10:42 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Tires wear problem

Is there anyone on this forum beside me has rear tires wear problem? The car is stock and not abuse. I think it is the bushing that need to be replace? Do they have after market rear bushing to solve this problem yet? I know that Lexus don't sell bushing to fix this, but if I was to buy OEM parts what should I buy?

The front bushing will need to be replace also, so what kit should I buy?

Thanks,
Old 03-28-05, 11:51 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ypu mean you are getting uneven wear in the rear? Is your car lowered at all? When was your last alignment?
Old 03-28-05, 12:27 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mteele
Ypu mean you are getting uneven wear in the rear? Is your car lowered at all? When was your last alignment?
As mention on the original post, the car is stock, not lower...

This is exccessive tire wear, pretty much even. The tires have treat rating of 400 which should last more than 60K miles with my driving style (not that aggressive). I have change three sets of tires since 2001 and each set last an average of 15K miles.
Old 03-28-05, 12:54 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which tires have you been using?

~Alan
Old 03-28-05, 02:58 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe

~Alan
Yeah, some brands wont reach what they are supposed to. I know when I had Yokohamas on my old car, they wouldnt last for ****.
Old 03-28-05, 03:59 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe

~Alan
BFGoodrich KDWS and Good Year, have to check on the model. This is not because of tires. This is a bushing problem.
Old 03-28-05, 05:35 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When was the last time you had the car aligned?
Did the shop give you a print-out of the work done on their machine?
Have you actually looked at the bushings, or had someone kick the wheels while you lay under the car and feel for movement between those parts?
Old 03-28-05, 06:26 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SCV8
When was the last time you had the car aligned?
Did the shop give you a print-out of the work done on their machine?
Have you actually looked at the bushings, or had someone kick the wheels while you lay under the car and feel for movement between those parts?
This is not the first set of rear tire wear I have with this car. wheel alignment three times already for each set of rear tires which lasted about 10K to 15K miles.

No body here beside 928owner has this problem?
Old 03-28-05, 09:04 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've mentioned in a couple of older threads that I get excessive wear on the inside edges:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120670

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/75586-alignment-camber-settings-within-spec-yet-still-getting-excessive-inner-tire-wear.html

Since I sometimes move my (unidirectional) tires from front to rear and vice-versa to even out the wear, I can't tell if the front or rear (or both) is the culprit. I can't see wheel alignment helping your situation since the wear is even. (And, as I mentioned in thread 75586, my alignment is in spec and I still get uneven wear.)
Old 03-28-05, 09:30 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

i have wear but my car is lowered.
Old 03-28-05, 09:55 PM
bean_8044
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the KDW Series 1(without the funky tread pattern) and i dont have any problems with tire wear. Car is lowered and driven hard all the time. If youre sure that the alignment is in spec(toe and camber) along with wheel balancing and non-warped rotors then i would say that it has to be bushings. That is unless youve been driving with low tire pressure of course.
Im pretty sure that TM engineering sells polyurethane bushings for the back also
Old 03-28-05, 10:04 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bean_8044
I have the KDW Series 1(without the funky tread pattern) and i dont have any problems with tire wear. Car is lowered and driven hard all the time. If youre sure that the alignment is in spec(toe and camber) along with wheel balancing and non-warped rotors then i would say that it has to be bushings. That is unless youve been driving with low tire pressure of course.
Im pretty sure that TM engineering sells polyurethane bushings for the back also
I checked with TM emgineering two years ago and he hasn't got the rear bushing yet. Check his web site a few days ago but didn't get all the info. I also e-mail him to see if he got the rear bushing yet. It is a waste for me to just change the bushing for the front and not the rear since the rear is definitely wear out a lot faster than the front.

I like to know if anyone has the same problem like my SC and fixed the problem via TM engineering. I just want to fix this problem so I can drive long distance again
Old 03-28-05, 10:17 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Vlamos makes them all, OEM spec.

Ryan

Originally Posted by VQT
I checked with TM emgineering two years ago and he hasn't got the rear bushing yet. Check his web site a few days ago but didn't get all the info. I also e-mail him to see if he got the rear bushing yet. It is a waste for me to just change the bushing for the front and not the rear since the rear is definitely wear out a lot faster than the front.

I like to know if anyone has the same problem like my SC and fixed the problem via TM engineering. I just want to fix this problem so I can drive long distance again
Old 03-28-05, 10:39 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Smile

SC400T,

Do you have their web site link?

Thanks
Old 03-29-05, 02:04 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the website address for Vlamos bushings.

http://www.vftbushes.com/

Quick Reply: Rear Tires wear problem