GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Give Me Some Tires/Wheels Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-15, 06:22 PM
brahmabull
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give Me Some Tires/Wheels Recommendations

I have a pearl white 2013 Lexus GS luxury edition with the 18th inch tires/wheels. I want to get some better tires for performance during regular seasons + traction in the winter times. I got into an accident last winter and I think I would have avoided the accident with better tires. What's the best brand of tires for all around performance like that?

Also I want to get some bigger wheels. I love the look of White cars with tinted windows and black rims. What would you guys recommend that wold look good on a white GS? I love the F sport rims but I would much rather prefer them to be black than the dark gray

Anybody got any pictures of a sexy white GS with black rims?

edit: Damn this looks sexy. Are these rims painted with the plasti dip?

Last edited by brahmabull; 04-28-15 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-28-15, 09:30 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Those are the Crafted Line rims, which are basically the F-sport 19" wheels painted in gloss black. Not a bad choice, especially if you pair them with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
Old 04-28-15, 10:34 PM
brahmabull
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
Those are the Crafted Line rims, which are basically the F-sport 19" wheels painted in gloss black. Not a bad choice, especially if you pair them with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

fuuuuuu they're sexy

how can I get them on my 13 GS?

and are the michelin pilot super sport tires awesome in snow?
Old 04-28-15, 10:59 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by brahmabull
fuuuuuu they're sexy

how can I get them on my 13 GS?

You can probably get them at the dealer, but it'll cost you a pretty penny. Another option would be to just buy some used regular F-sport rims that people on the forum took off, and get them painted. Here's a link to someone who did that: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...k-chromed.html

If you like Lexus OEM wheels, try looking at other models to see if you like their wheels. For example, this user used the RC350 F-sport wheels on his car:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...s-img_2210.jpg

If you're ok with aftermarket brands, the new Vossen styles CVT and VFS1 look intriguing to me. But this will require you to move up in size, which may affect your ride quality dramatically.

I did a quick search on eBay and found this...but it would probably mean putting staggered wheels on your AWD. Not sure if it'll work correctly with AWD hardware.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=371311184410

Also, the Michelin PSS probably suck in the snow since they are summer tires. I misread your post and thought you were looking for wheels to use during warm months. I probably wouldn't be much help on giving advice on tires good for snow since in never gets that cold down in SOCAL. I think I've seen people on the forum recommend Michelin A/S 3.

Last edited by dchar; 04-28-15 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-29-15, 06:51 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're gonna shell out some dough for stock anchors, errh wheels, I suggest you go aftermarket and buy a set of forged Volks G25. They come in black and would look awesome on a SFP. My 2 cents:
Attached Thumbnails Give Me Some Tires/Wheels Recommendations-gallery_1.jpg  
Old 05-04-15, 08:41 PM
brahmabull
Driver School Candidate

any more decent recommendations guys?
Old 05-05-15, 04:57 AM
Cndnbkn
Driver School Candidate

The best all season high performance tires I have found are Continental DWS's. Great traction in dry, wet and snow. Also they are reasonably priced. I have only used them on FWD sport sedans though. Still I would think they would work well for your application. Continental has been revising their design and compound. I think the new ones are out sometime early this summer.
Old 05-06-15, 01:39 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Originally Posted by brahmabull
That's for real?
Old 05-06-15, 06:29 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I would suggest installing dedicated winter tires (bridgestone LM32) on your stock rims, and then getting summer rims with michelin pilot super sports.

All season tires are about 5/10 in snow. Summer tires are 1/10. Snow tires are 9-10/10, performance wise. You live in illinois (don't know where) but it's a northern climate - i would run dedicated winters.
Old 05-06-15, 06:47 AM
Cndnbkn
Driver School Candidate

I agree with GregCanada that if your in a Winter Climate that gets a lot of snow/ice you should get dedicated snow tires. Or if you really want to have fun studded snow tires, where legal. I lived have lived in the Rocky mountains at 10,000ft where we got a ton of snow and in the Blue Ridge Mountains where we had a ton of ice and studded snow tires could not be beat.
Old 05-06-15, 01:03 PM
trinidad56
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cndnbkn
The best all season high performance tires I have found are Continental DWS's. Great traction in dry, wet and snow. Also they are reasonably priced. I have only used them on FWD sport sedans though. Still I would think they would work well for your application. Continental has been revising their design and compound. I think the new ones are out sometime early this summer.
Back in the WRX days I only used Conti's DW, never the DWS model since I lived in Socal. Im sure they have similar characteristics. My big reason for going with these were because they were quiet for a performance tire, lasted long with regular rotations, and the price was right. I could get a set of 18's for around $550. ill be looking for these once I need to replace tires on my GS350 F-sport. The Bridgestone RE050's are pretty loud and harsh.