GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

ML is great, but the rattles from it are not. :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 02:42 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ML is great, but the rattles from it are not. :(

i love the ML system, sounds really good and tight, not too overbearing, just the way it's meant to be.

but songs that have certain bass frequencies i get rattles from the doors(i think it's the striated aluminum trim), so because of this i turn the volume down.

wish the doors had better sound deadening on them to avoid rattles.

i also have some rattles from the trim in general, with or without music.
Old 01-18-13, 03:04 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No it is actually your window lock button! I know all about that, lol. Next time in you car when it is rattling put your finger on that button and it will go away. Next time when you are at service, just tell your advisor and they should be able to add some insulation type stuff to lessen the rattle. My guy did it for me after I harassed him long enough!

My words "So your telling me a that my door should be rattling like crazy when listening to music in a 60K car?"
Old 01-18-13, 08:36 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I listen to my ML 2 notches left of max Bass and have no rattles. That is with every possible genre of music except Hip Hop.
Old 01-18-13, 08:52 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

they installed an anti-rattle thingy in mine, although at certain bass frequencies you can still hear a rattle now and then... not like it was before they installed the AR thingy...much improved. i don't find myself resting my leg against the door anymore to stop the rattle.
Old 01-19-13, 01:07 AM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
i love the ML system, sounds really good and tight, not too overbearing, just the way it's meant to be.

but songs that have certain bass frequencies i get rattles from the doors(i think it's the striated aluminum trim), so because of this i turn the volume down.

wish the doors had better sound deadening on them to avoid rattles.

i also have some rattles from the trim in general, with or without music.
I also have the rattle issue and complained to the service manager. He told me there is an TSB on the issue and a kit is available. He is ordering one for me on my next service.
Old 01-19-13, 04:36 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Can anyone post the TSB number? I need to get this done as well.
Old 01-19-13, 06:49 AM
Igor911
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a slight rattle when listening to house/trance music...and sometimes that has very little bass. I'd be curious to what this TSB # is once it's posted.
Old 01-19-13, 12:20 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Igor911
I have a slight rattle when listening to house/trance music...and sometimes that has very little bass. I'd be curious to what this TSB # is once it's posted.
I will definitely get mine done...mine rattles too.
Old 01-19-13, 05:06 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Funny cause it sounds like Lexus didn't fix the ML problem, I had this same problem with my old GS.
Old 01-20-13, 01:27 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Funny cause it sounds like Lexus didn't fix the ML problem, I had this same problem with my old GS.
I agreed. Lexus could do something to fix the issue but they decide cut the corner on this.

Mine got rattle on the gas filler door, B pillars, outside rear view mirrors, rear deck area surround the subwoofer.
Old 01-20-13, 10:09 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anybody have the TSB #?

would be nice to get this resolved at my 5k service.
Old 01-20-13, 11:33 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I do not hear any rattles, but I feel the vibration from the bass if I rest my left knee against the door. My nineteen year old SC does not do that, but its doors must weigh a couple hundred pounds each.
Old 01-20-13, 07:49 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ECL
I do not hear any rattles, but I feel the vibration from the bass if I rest my left knee against the door. My nineteen year old SC does not do that, but its doors must weigh a couple hundred pounds each.
Yes, those SC doors are heavy (and long) as hell. The double hinges are genius because the doors don't take up much space when opening. I had a '99 SC300. Still a beautiful car!

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 01-21-13, 04:59 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I learned my lesson to keep my mouth shut, from my 06 GS430. They neutered the sub in that car after multiple visits to fix the rattles, which solved the rattle, but I miss my bass. They told me they didn't touch the audio system, and that's how they all sound.
Old 01-22-13, 03:06 PM
InfamousQ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same problem, but seems the window up/down switches rattles. Playing music with low end frequency rattles the the switches, until I place my fingers on them, then the rattling stops. Both front doors rattles, driver side is much more prominant. Will address that with the dealership, along with driver side wind/whistling noise next visit.

Quick Reply: ML is great, but the rattles from it are not. :(