GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Picking up my first Lexus tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-16, 07:35 PM
BKGSF
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Picking up my first Lexus tomorrow

Hello, everyone, my first Lexus and my first post.
I will be picking up my new 2016 GS F (black/black) tomorrow, although it is supposed to snow. I test drove it today and thought it was an overall appealing package and was able to work out a fair deal. I wasn't blown away by the power but then I'm used to turbo charged cars with lots of low end torque(F80 M3, Macan Turbo). It reminded me of a bigger, more refined version of the IS F I rented for about a week in 2009. I always regretted not getting the IS F and when I heard about the GS F, I thought I would give it a look. It certainly has a character which is surprisingly missing from many of the German counterparts. F80 M3 wowed me at first, but with time, the harsh ride and the uninspiring noise it made ultimately turned me off. I have a feeling my experience with the GS F will be the opposite. The other cars I considered were C63 amg and Audi S6. C63 is an absolute beast but with my previous horrendous experience with AMG, I just couldn't allow myself. S6 is very nice and capable but lacked personality IMO. Anyways, thank you ahead for the warm welcome and I'm excited to be part of the Lexus community.

BK
Old 04-03-16, 07:49 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Congrats

Post pics tmrw
Old 04-03-16, 11:37 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Congrats! Pictures!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-05-16, 04:38 PM
BKGSF
Rookie

Finally, picked up the car this afternoon. The roads were still damp from the snow and the traffic was bad so I didn't get to really push it. My first impressions are:
- the sound is amazing. especially above 4k rpm, best sounding car i've owned, including the E63 AMG.
- The engine is just a marvel. I was worried about low torque but the responsiveness of the engine more than makes up for it. Pressing the gas pedal feels like playing an instrument...truly makes the car feel special.
- the looks; this is where I hesitated the most. I prefer understated looks and the GS F, especially the front, is a little busy for my taste. I'm sure I'll get used to it with time.
- interior/infotainment: nice, comfortable seats, infotainment will need some getting used to, but overall high quality as expected from Lexus.
- ride: on the firm side as it should be but compliant enough even on crappy roads I drive on.

Overall, I'm very satisfied, GS F really exceeded my expectations. The responsiveness and the sound of the engine stood out the most, as well as the overall quality of materials. It's ironic to me that the BMW M3 (which I owned for about a year), with all the heritage and hype, felt far less special than a performance sedan made by Lexus. People will still buy M3s and AMGs over this car, because of the badge and nostalgia, and that's perfectly fine with me. I'll post more pics later. BK
Old 04-05-16, 04:48 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Beautiful
Congrats again
Super excited for you

I think it's the best looking car Lexus makes these days

M and AMG have built reputation over a long time, thus lust for them is warranted. GSF will take a while to garner to that level

It is a fantastic machine

I want to lick your calipers and caress the harness holes in the seats

Last edited by ryanSC300lover; 04-05-16 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 05:08 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations!! Its a beautiful car!!
Old 04-05-16, 05:56 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Beautiful! Can't wait for you to open it up!

Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-06-16, 05:49 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! I own a 2015 GS F Sport. I think you will find it really grows on you even more over time. Particularly, the handling is a revelation. It feels nimble and sharp. Please keep your impressions coming!
Old 04-06-16, 07:47 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGSF

Finally, picked up the car this afternoon. The roads were still damp from the snow and the traffic was bad so I didn't get to really push it. My first impressions are:
- the sound is amazing. especially above 4k rpm, best sounding car i've owned, including the E63 AMG.
- The engine is just a marvel. I was worried about low torque but the responsiveness of the engine more than makes up for it. Pressing the gas pedal feels like playing an instrument...truly makes the car feel special.
- the looks; this is where I hesitated the most. I prefer understated looks and the GS F, especially the front, is a little busy for my taste. I'm sure I'll get used to it with time.
- interior/infotainment: nice, comfortable seats, infotainment will need some getting used to, but overall high quality as expected from Lexus.
- ride: on the firm side as it should be but compliant enough even on crappy roads I drive on.

Overall, I'm very satisfied, GS F really exceeded my expectations. The responsiveness and the sound of the engine stood out the most, as well as the overall quality of materials. It's ironic to me that the BMW M3 (which I owned for about a year), with all the heritage and hype, felt far less special than a performance sedan made by Lexus. People will still buy M3s and AMGs over this car, because of the badge and nostalgia, and that's perfectly fine with me. I'll post more pics later. BK
Nice, congrats looks like you grabbed that from Lexus of Watertown.
Old 04-08-16, 02:42 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you got at least 15k off sticker... The GSF are way over priced just like the RCF...
Old 04-08-16, 06:20 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Very nice, congratulations...
Old 04-08-16, 06:59 AM
BKGSF
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS35014
I hope you got at least 15k off sticker... The GSF are way over priced just like the RCF...
I think I got a fair deal, but not 15K off though. I don't agree that GSF is WAY overpriced. I looked at pretty much every performance sedans in the price range, Audi S6, C63S AMG, CTS-V, and felt that GS F offered the best value. I have driven all of those with exception of CTS-V (which I wasn't interested due to interior/styling). I curious to hear from others what they would've chosen instead at $80K?
Old 04-08-16, 07:10 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Where in Mass are you? Would you mind telling us how much you picked it up for? If that does not make you comfortable, you could PM me instead.

Congrats on the purchase! I am from Mass and looking for one as well
Old 04-08-16, 08:54 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGSF
I think I got a fair deal, but not 15K off though. I don't agree that GSF is WAY overpriced. I looked at pretty much every performance sedans in the price range, Audi S6, C63S AMG, CTS-V, and felt that GS F offered the best value. I have driven all of those with exception of CTS-V (which I wasn't interested due to interior/styling). I curious to hear from others what they would've chosen instead at $80K?
Is that 80k OTD or 80K plus taxes? I can easily get 10K off MSRP for the GSF in NJ now...
Old 04-12-16, 02:52 PM
BKGSF
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS35014
Is that 80k OTD or 80K plus taxes? I can easily get 10K off MSRP for the GSF in NJ now...
That would depend on whether you are trading in a car or not. But my point is with the discount, you should be able to get GS F for roughly what you would pay for a S6 or C63S AMG. That's a pretty good value IMO.

Quick Reply: Picking up my first Lexus tomorrow