GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GS F vs AMG C63 S

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-16, 01:45 AM
Lead Lap

Received 752 Likes on 505 Posts

The 8 speed auto has been around since 2007. So I think in another 2 years it would be replaced.
Old 05-07-16, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

10 speed is coming to the LC next year already so i think it will make it to the gsf about the same time
Old 05-08-16, 12:38 PM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went through this exact debate over the past few weeks. GS F vs C63S

I put a deposit on a C63S yesterday.

Ultimately, the drive on the GS F wasn't good enough. The car just doesn't feel as good overall. It may be a little more comfortable and roomier inside, and reliability is definitely going to be better on the Lexus. However, those are the only two things that it has going for it and honestly, that's not enough to get my money in "performance sedan" when the competition performs way better. I wish it weren't the case, but it is what it is.
Old 05-08-16, 05:54 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Recently sat in an AMG C63 at a dealer with the optional AMG Performance Seats. Made me really appreciate my RC F seats.
Old 05-08-16, 10:22 PM
MagicWing
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PMan
I just went through this exact debate over the past few weeks. GS F vs C63S

I put a deposit on a C63S yesterday.

Ultimately, the drive on the GS F wasn't good enough. The car just doesn't feel as good overall. It may be a little more comfortable and roomier inside, and reliability is definitely going to be better on the Lexus. However, those are the only two things that it has going for it and honestly, that's not enough to get my money in "performance sedan" when the competition performs way better. I wish it weren't the case, but it is what it is.
I think you made the right call. As much as I appreciate the GS F, the C63S is amazing and performs better. The GS F is still in its first year, and it will surely get better in the next year or two. It's already nice so they're off to a strong start. And, to be honest, I understand why some people are buying the GS F now. It's certainly a special car.

When I started this thread a few months ago I was torn between the 2 cars. I ended up buying neither. Since I keep my cars for a long time (I buy instead of lease), I decided to increase my budget and went for a 2016 Audi RS7. To say that the car blows me away would be an understatement. I love it.

Congrats on your C63S. I'm sure you'll love that too.
Old 05-10-16, 05:47 AM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MagicWing
I think you made the right call. As much as I appreciate the GS F, the C63S is amazing and performs better. The GS F is still in its first year, and it will surely get better in the next year or two. It's already nice so they're off to a strong start. And, to be honest, I understand why some people are buying the GS F now. It's certainly a special car.

When I started this thread a few months ago I was torn between the 2 cars. I ended up buying neither. Since I keep my cars for a long time (I buy instead of lease), I decided to increase my budget and went for a 2016 Audi RS7. To say that the car blows me away would be an understatement. I love it.

Congrats on your C63S. I'm sure you'll love that too.
Thanks.

I keep my cars for a while when I buy as well. That is the biggest reason I tried so hard to convince myself to get the Lexus. I'll probably end up regretting it at some point, but until then I'm gonna be having way too much fun
Old 06-16-16, 12:03 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

it comes down to reliability. Mercedes and bmw have crappy reliability long term. If you're leasing, I'd get a C63S, drive the **** out of it and send it back after your term is up. if you're buying to keep, get the lexus. lexus holds better value too
Old 07-25-16, 05:20 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Not everybody is enamored with the GTR....and "blows all the cars away"
is subjective. There will always, ALWAYS be somebody faster than your car. Period.
yes and no. I have owned 2 GTR's now. The reason I'm over is not the performance it's the outdated looks. As for performance...I tried over and over to find faster cars out and about. 800 awhp on a gtr is like having 1000 hp in anything else. The way it puts the power down is amazing.
Old 07-25-16, 08:35 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,219 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUSF
yes and no. I have owned 2 GTR's now. The reason I'm over is not the performance it's the outdated looks. As for performance...I tried over and over to find faster cars out and about. 800 awhp on a gtr is like having 1000 hp in anything else. The way it puts the power down is amazing.
I'm sure you can find some competition in Texas... that state is known for fast cars! 800hp surely isn't the fastest thing on the road.
Old 07-26-16, 05:40 AM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I'm sure you can find some competition in Texas... that state is known for fast cars! 800hp surely isn't the fastest thing on the road.
Not by a long shot, 800 whp is fun around here, but not in the league of the fast street cars. I'm guessing the GTR is a Jotech car? Tony at T1 doesn't have very many customers making under 1000whp that I know of.
Old 07-26-16, 01:45 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat

the point i am trying to make is, when is it enough? I was into it and now I am realizing I want a hyper car etc or super car that I hardly see. I want to be different. plenty of gt-r's around.

the GS-F is different, yes it is not fast but the way it drives would sway me over others.
Old 07-26-16, 05:10 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,219 Likes on 634 Posts

the point i am trying to make is, when is it enough? I was into it and now I am realizing I want a hyper car etc or super car that I hardly see. I want to be different. plenty of gt-r's around.

the GS-F is different, yes it is not fast but the way it drives would sway me over others.
Makes sense... that's the question I use to stop myself from supercharging my vette lol. Instead I've focused on other projects, like adding a little sound deadening and a small sub.
Old 08-02-16, 05:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

If you are buying get the GSF. If it's a lease then I'd go with the Benz
Old 08-02-16, 11:37 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want something different, Japanese classics llc imports legal jdm rhd cars that are 25 years old. They have some nice low mileage cars and the r32's are coming in. They sold a Mazda Cosmo recently that was pretty sweet. Triple rotor and super 90's interior, beautiful silhouette. https://www.japaneseclassics.com

Old 08-03-16, 02:02 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

My personal opinion is that you need to identify exactly which car you need. I know price is a huge factor but don't let it deter you fro the car you really need.
Personally, the C klass and the GS Lexus are not the same cars. So I think you need to be careful deciding.

I would look at the Mercedes E klass or the BMW 5 series if you want a comparison to the GS. Look at the 550 or the E400 for example. Those should be within the price bracket of model comparisons.

If you are adamant on the C klass because of performance and price, then you should consider looking at the ISF or M3.